tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Britannia Spice image
Britannia Spice image
Britannia Spice image
Britannia Spice image
Britannia Spice image

2 for 1 at Britannia Spice

Britannia Spice is a critically-acclaimed restaurant with multi-ethnic cuisine including Indian, Bangladeshi, Nepali, Thai dishes. Britannia Spice restaurant is often known as the Best Indian Restaurant in Edinburgh having won many international awards since it first took the Edinburgh dining scene by storm in 2000. In 2006 alone, it was named Best in Scotland by both BIBA and the British Curry Awards.

Founded by Dr Wali Uddin and Ranil Saparamadu as the new millennium dawned, Britannia Spice has won widespread praise for its exotic multi-ethnic cuisine and stylish atmosphere. Its wide ranging menus offer diners a choice of Indian, Bangladeshi, Nepali and Thai cuisine, all freshly and expertly prepared.

The restaurant can comfortably accommodate large parties and yet still feel welcoming for couples and lone diners. It regularly hosts charity events and functions, with live performances of music and dance.

Attention to detail is central to the ethos behind Britannia Spice which applies the highest standards throughout, in order to maximise the customers’ experience. It rightly prides itself on the quality of the food and the friendly, helpful staff. The high number of regular customers speaks for itself.

Important Information

Please Note: the tastecard discount is not available on notable days e.g Mothering Sunday, Father’s Day, Valentines Day, Bank Holidays etc. Britannia Spice request that all tastecard members adhere to the spirit of taste when dining at this restaurant. The tastecard discount applies to the a la carte menu only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.

View all reviews
Britannia Spice
Average member score
4.0 7
Diner rating
Excellent
3
Very good
2
Good
1
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Ali said "Excellent Food
Food and Service excellent"
Read more
James said "Highly Recommend
Excellent service food was really nice staff were so friendly will definitely be back"
Read more
Kirsty said "Food great
Service slow but pleasant"
Read more
John said "Sorry To Say Its Dated
We haven't been to Britannia in about 10 years (moved away from the area). It had very fond..."
Read more
William said "Dreadful has it changed ownership
Although the quality of the food was good , the service was terrible .No side plate or napkin on..."
Read more
Yvonne said "Y
Great food and service."
Read more
John said "Excellent Curry House
We have eaten here on a number of occasions and the food has always been good. Surprisingly quiet..."
Read more
  • Ali said: "Excellent Food
    Food and Service excellent "
    Posted 1 month, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • James said: "Highly Recommend
    Excellent service food was really nice staff were so friendly will definitely be back "
    Posted 4 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kirsty said: "Food great
    Service slow but pleasant "
    Posted 11 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said: "Sorry To Say Its Dated
    We haven't been to Britannia in about 10 years (moved away from the area). It had very fond memories for us.
    There was nothing wrong with our meal, the staff or the restaurant, we had nicer curries that's fair to say, the service was steady, even though it wasn't busy. But the biggest issue is that we thought that it's looking a bit dated. I don't think a single thing has changed in the last 10 years, which some may find comforting. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • William said: "Dreadful has it changed ownership
    Although the quality of the food was good , the service was terrible .No side plate or napkin on one of the place settings . Forgot our popadoms .One main course not available . Wrong nan bread served up , no ice offered with drinks .Tables around us remained dirty and not reset .used it previously but never again "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Yvonne said: "Y
    Great food and service. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said: "Excellent Curry House
    We have eaten here on a number of occasions and the food has always been good. Surprisingly quiet at times considering how good the food is, easy parking and good access to the other Brittania + cinema. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Ali said: "Excellent Food
    Food and Service excellent "
    Posted 1 month, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • James said: "Highly Recommend
    Excellent service food was really nice staff were so friendly will definitely be back "
    Posted 4 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kirsty said: "Food great
    Service slow but pleasant "
    Posted 11 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said: "Sorry To Say Its Dated
    We haven't been to Britannia in about 10 years (moved away from the area). It had very fond memories for us.
    There was nothing wrong with our meal, the staff or the restaurant, we had nicer curries that's fair to say, the service was steady, even though it wasn't busy. But the biggest issue is that we thought that it's looking a bit dated. I don't think a single thing has changed in the last 10 years, which some may find comforting. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • William said: "Dreadful has it changed ownership
    Although the quality of the food was good , the service was terrible .No side plate or napkin on one of the place settings . Forgot our popadoms .One main course not available . Wrong nan bread served up , no ice offered with drinks .Tables around us remained dirty and not reset .used it previously but never again "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Yvonne said: "Y
    Great food and service. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said: "Excellent Curry House
    We have eaten here on a number of occasions and the food has always been good. Surprisingly quiet at times considering how good the food is, easy parking and good access to the other Brittania + cinema. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall