tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The Ambrette image
The Ambrette image
The Ambrette image
The Ambrette image

2 for 1 at The Ambrette

The Ambrette Restaurant has achieved recognition from The Michelin Guide and other top restaurant guides.

They pride themselves on quality of service and the quality of our ingredients.

Executive chef Dev Biswal uses a delicate blend of flavours and spices to create his unique culinary art, using traditional recipes from India. Dev is passionate about cuisine from the Indian sub-continent and promotes authentic Asian cuisine to fine dining and gourmet status in the UK. His signature dish is fillet of freshwater Nile Perch, pan-grilled with peppers, coriander, fenugreek and carom seeds.

The staff at this restaurant believe in supporting others as much as they can - both in the local community and in the developing world.

Important Information

Please Note: the tastecard discount is only available in the evenings due to a special lunch menu being served. The Ambrette are happy to offer the 2 for 1 discount for a maximum of 2 people per tastecard, per booking.

View all reviews
The Ambrette
Average member score
5.0 5
Diner rating
Excellent
5
Very good
0
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Jared said "Fantastic
A new take on Indian food and the best Indian meal we ever had."
Read more
Bex said "Amazing!!
Excellent in every way!"
Read more
Victoria said "Best food I have ever eaten!
Absolutely heavenly food, the service was amazing! Cannot rate high enough!"
Read more
Timandra said "Excellent
Excellent all round.
The food was exquisite - to die for.
The service was..."
Read more
Shu said "Exceptional!
This restaurant is so good and cannot be faulted.

Dev Biswal is a culinary genius..."
Read more
"The best restaurant in the local area. Exceptional and well presented food, nice ambience and..."
Read more
"Fantastic meal - food and service excellent - we will be returning Christine"
Read more
"SUPER FOOD, PRESENTED IN THE MOST ARTISTIC AND APPEALING MANNER, NOT TYPICAL INDIAN!!! ABSOLUTELY..."
Read more
"Absolutely fantastic -the food was sublime! Mixing gourmet food with the Indian flavours is just..."
Read more
"Amazing meal. Not like a typical Indian restaurant at all. Looks nothing from the outside but..."
Read more
  • Jared said: "Fantastic
    A new take on Indian food and the best Indian meal we ever had. "
    Posted 1 month, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bex said: "Amazing!!
    Excellent in every way! "
    Posted 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Victoria said: "Best food I have ever eaten!
    Absolutely heavenly food, the service was amazing! Cannot rate high enough! "
    Posted 3 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Timandra said: "Excellent
    Excellent all round.
    The food was exquisite - to die for.
    The service was outstanding.
    Would love to visit every day of the week.
    Stunning! "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shu said: "Exceptional!
    This restaurant is so good and cannot be faulted.

    Dev Biswal is a culinary genius whose menus, use of local produce, ability to produce food with so many complex flavours and the delight we mere mortals get from the dishes in front of us, all lead to a gourmet experience of the highest order.

    If you haven't tried The Ambrette, you are missing out on one of life's delights. "
    Posted 3 years, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "The best restaurant in the local area. Exceptional and well presented food, nice ambience and above all excellent service, attentive without being intrusive. A gem of a restaurant cannot recommend enough. Andy "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Fantastic meal - food and service excellent - we will be returning Christine "
    Posted 4 years, 6 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "SUPER FOOD, PRESENTED IN THE MOST ARTISTIC AND APPEALING MANNER, NOT TYPICAL INDIAN!!! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. SERVICE WAS GOOD, ATTENTATIVE BUT NOT INTRUSIVE STAFF. HAD A FANTASTIC NIGHT ALL ROUND. IT’S SOOOO DIFFERENT!!! JO "
    Posted 4 years, 7 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Absolutely fantastic -the food was sublime! Mixing gourmet food with the Indian flavours is just genius -can't wait to go again! Denise "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Amazing meal. Not like a typical Indian restaurant at all. Looks nothing from the outside but don’t "judge a book by its cover" as the food is really good -unusual and very tasty. Joanne "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Jared said: "Fantastic
    A new take on Indian food and the best Indian meal we ever had. "
    Posted 1 month, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bex said: "Amazing!!
    Excellent in every way! "
    Posted 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Victoria said: "Best food I have ever eaten!
    Absolutely heavenly food, the service was amazing! Cannot rate high enough! "
    Posted 3 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Timandra said: "Excellent
    Excellent all round.
    The food was exquisite - to die for.
    The service was outstanding.
    Would love to visit every day of the week.
    Stunning! "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shu said: "Exceptional!
    This restaurant is so good and cannot be faulted.

    Dev Biswal is a culinary genius whose menus, use of local produce, ability to produce food with so many complex flavours and the delight we mere mortals get from the dishes in front of us, all lead to a gourmet experience of the highest order.

    If you haven't tried The Ambrette, you are missing out on one of life's delights. "
    Posted 3 years, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "The best restaurant in the local area. Exceptional and well presented food, nice ambience and above all excellent service, attentive without being intrusive. A gem of a restaurant cannot recommend enough. Andy "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Fantastic meal - food and service excellent - we will be returning Christine "
    Posted 4 years, 6 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "SUPER FOOD, PRESENTED IN THE MOST ARTISTIC AND APPEALING MANNER, NOT TYPICAL INDIAN!!! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. SERVICE WAS GOOD, ATTENTATIVE BUT NOT INTRUSIVE STAFF. HAD A FANTASTIC NIGHT ALL ROUND. IT’S SOOOO DIFFERENT!!! JO "
    Posted 4 years, 7 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Absolutely fantastic -the food was sublime! Mixing gourmet food with the Indian flavours is just genius -can't wait to go again! Denise "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Amazing meal. Not like a typical Indian restaurant at all. Looks nothing from the outside but don’t "judge a book by its cover" as the food is really good -unusual and very tasty. Joanne "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review