tastecard
50% off food billMaximum of 4 peopleBooking requiredAvailable December
Royal Indian Cuisine image

50% off at Royal Indian Cuisine

Welcome to Royal Indian Cuisine , Ramsgate's newest Pakistani & Indian cuisine featuring Mughlai, Lahori & Tandoori style dishes.

All dishes are free of added fat, additives and all meat products are strictly Halal.

The vision of the owners was to bring Pakistani (Lahori) cuisine along with Indian, Tandoori & Mughlai cuisine. Royal Indian Cuisine aims to provide a cosy atmosphere accompanied with fine food.

Overlooking Ramsgate harbour, this Traditional Indian Restaurant offers you delicious food and a relaxing atmosphere.

Important Information

Please note: the tastecard discount is not available on takeaway dishes.

View all reviews
Royal Indian Cuisine
Average member score
4.1 16
Diner rating
Excellent
10
Very good
2
Good
1
Average
1
Poor
2
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
BRETT said "Perfect Food
Really tasty food. We will be back"
Read more
Richard said
" An excellent evening superb food and service would recommend without hesitation"
Read more
Peter said
" Very disappointing. For mains my wife had chicken jalfriezi, I had their special, chicken kharari..."
Read more
Nicholas said
" Thoroughly enjoyed again :)"
Read more
Heather said
" Really great find.. .deserves to be incredibly busy but was very quiet on the saturday night we..."
Read more
Nicholas said "Nice curry
Nice curry friendly staff will be back only criticism is the beer six quid a pint but worth a..."
Read more
Joanne said
" Long wait for food... and when it came it was awful. All the dishes looked the same as if they..."
Read more
Danielle said "Great View
Very nice location dining outside on a sunny evening. Service was very good and the food was..."
Read more
Steve said "Luke
Great location, good service and very good food!"
Read more
Steve said "Not even at half price
As the owner of a small business I am keenly aware of the impact a negative review can have,..."
Read more
John said
" Nice starters but disappointing mains. We had two different curries but they were quite similar."
Read more
Tania said
" Welcome was friendly. Staff attentive and polite. Food was delicious and restaurant was very..."
Read more
Jo said
" Brilliant location and service, used my tastecard twice now here in last month, last time..."
Read more
Izzy said "Absolutely superb!
Following many recommendations to come here, I decided to treat my mother here for..."
Read more
kevin said
" Excellent service really enjoyed the food and great location."
Read more
sam said "excellent food and always very welcoming
Excellent food and always very welcoming!

Been here numerous times and always very..."
Read more
"3 weeks ago I wanted to treat my elderly neighbours for a meal to thank them for their support..."
Read more
"Good service, delicious food in a great location overlooking the harbour. Janice"
Read more
"We liked it, friendly and comfortable, good food at reasonable prices. Bob  "
Read more
  • BRETT said: "Perfect Food
    Really tasty food. We will be back "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said:
    " An excellent evening superb food and service would recommend without hesitation "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Peter said:
    " Very disappointing. For mains my wife had chicken jalfriezi, I had their special, chicken kharari and we had a mixed vegetable side dish. The sauce was identical on all three. We will not go back. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicholas said:
    " Thoroughly enjoyed again :) "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Heather said:
    " Really great find.. .deserves to be incredibly busy but was very quiet on the saturday night we were there. Huge portions and lovely staff...thank you for a memorable meal. We'll come back in the summer and eat al fresco to enjoy the views. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicholas said: "Nice curry
    Nice curry friendly staff will be back only criticism is the beer six quid a pint but worth a visit:) "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joanne said:
    " Long wait for food... and when it came it was awful. All the dishes looked the same as if they used the same base sauce for everything. My tikka masala looked like it had been dragged from the bin... left more than we ate. On a positive note the popadums were good and the kingfisher beer. Ended up taking 70% off the food bill. Wouldnt go there again. I was looking forward to eating there as read reviews and only one negative until now... those people must have been eating somewhere else. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 19 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Danielle said: "Great View
    Very nice location dining outside on a sunny evening. Service was very good and the food was fantastic (again!) "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said: "Luke
    Great location, good service and very good food! "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said: "Not even at half price
    As the owner of a small business I am keenly aware of the impact a negative review can have, which in part is why I am always prepared to give the benefit of the doubt and will usually make the excuse that they may have had an off day - I don't write bad reviews or indeed any.

    On this occasion I must make an exception.

    A truly awful experience, not just because the food had no taste, not just because despite dining out for over 35 years this was the worst curry on record, or even the fact that it hadn't been properly microwaved... the real issue was being served something so unrecognisable from what it purported to represent and being expected to eat it.

    My wife made an interesting observation " had I served this to you at home you would refuse to eat it - and quite rightly"

    With good curry houses ten a penny there is no good reason to come here.... if you absolutely must then be quick, this eatery cannot hope to survive long with the current quality of food, no..... not even at half price.. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 25 days ago...
    5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said:
    " Nice starters but disappointing mains. We had two different curries but they were quite similar. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tania said:
    " Welcome was friendly. Staff attentive and polite. Food was delicious and restaurant was very pleased to take tastecard. We will return. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jo said:
    " Brilliant location and service, used my tastecard twice now here in last month, last time accepted us even without booking, service and food is excellent, will certainly return. "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Izzy said: "Absolutely superb!
    Following many recommendations to come here, I decided to treat my mother here for "Mother's Day", and I have to say, it's the best Indian restaurant I've ever tried. All others in Ramsgate fall short to this one in comparison, in terms of service, hospitality, atmosphere, and most importantly; food. My mum isn't easily impressed (given that she considers herself to be an amazing cook herself!), but she could also find no fault. Overall, the food was exquisite and ambrosial, and I definitely recommend anyone reading this to try it. I myself will be paying another visit very imminently! "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 29 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • kevin said:
    " Excellent service really enjoyed the food and great location. "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 19 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • sam said: "excellent food and always very welcoming
    Excellent food and always very welcoming!

    Been here numerous times and always very happy staff. Some places i have used the tastecard seem to begrudge me using it but here they are always happy to accept. Food always good. Will keep coming as pleased with all aspects of this. "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 5 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "3 weeks ago I wanted to treat my elderly neighbours for a meal to thank them for their support during difficult times. Although they were unsure about trying spicy foods, they both loved it and complimented the delicate and distinguishable flavours. The food was tasty, the service was reasonably quick and the staff and management were friendly. We were also fortunate that there was a firework display at the harbour on the same evening so we stepped outside and it was a fitting end to an enjoyable evening - We will certainly come back again and recommend this restaurant to our friends and neighbours. Denisey "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 28 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Good service, delicious food in a great location overlooking the harbour. Janice "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "We liked it, friendly and comfortable, good food at reasonable prices. Bob   "
    Posted 5 years, 4 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • BRETT said: "Perfect Food
    Really tasty food. We will be back "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said:
    " An excellent evening superb food and service would recommend without hesitation "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Peter said:
    " Very disappointing. For mains my wife had chicken jalfriezi, I had their special, chicken kharari and we had a mixed vegetable side dish. The sauce was identical on all three. We will not go back. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicholas said:
    " Thoroughly enjoyed again :) "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Heather said:
    " Really great find.. .deserves to be incredibly busy but was very quiet on the saturday night we were there. Huge portions and lovely staff...thank you for a memorable meal. We'll come back in the summer and eat al fresco to enjoy the views. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicholas said: "Nice curry
    Nice curry friendly staff will be back only criticism is the beer six quid a pint but worth a visit:) "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joanne said:
    " Long wait for food... and when it came it was awful. All the dishes looked the same as if they used the same base sauce for everything. My tikka masala looked like it had been dragged from the bin... left more than we ate. On a positive note the popadums were good and the kingfisher beer. Ended up taking 70% off the food bill. Wouldnt go there again. I was looking forward to eating there as read reviews and only one negative until now... those people must have been eating somewhere else. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 19 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Danielle said: "Great View
    Very nice location dining outside on a sunny evening. Service was very good and the food was fantastic (again!) "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said: "Luke
    Great location, good service and very good food! "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said: "Not even at half price
    As the owner of a small business I am keenly aware of the impact a negative review can have, which in part is why I am always prepared to give the benefit of the doubt and will usually make the excuse that they may have had an off day - I don't write bad reviews or indeed any.

    On this occasion I must make an exception.

    A truly awful experience, not just because the food had no taste, not just because despite dining out for over 35 years this was the worst curry on record, or even the fact that it hadn't been properly microwaved... the real issue was being served something so unrecognisable from what it purported to represent and being expected to eat it.

    My wife made an interesting observation " had I served this to you at home you would refuse to eat it - and quite rightly"

    With good curry houses ten a penny there is no good reason to come here.... if you absolutely must then be quick, this eatery cannot hope to survive long with the current quality of food, no..... not even at half price.. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 25 days ago...
    5 out of 5 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said:
    " Nice starters but disappointing mains. We had two different curries but they were quite similar. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tania said:
    " Welcome was friendly. Staff attentive and polite. Food was delicious and restaurant was very pleased to take tastecard. We will return. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jo said:
    " Brilliant location and service, used my tastecard twice now here in last month, last time accepted us even without booking, service and food is excellent, will certainly return. "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Izzy said: "Absolutely superb!
    Following many recommendations to come here, I decided to treat my mother here for "Mother's Day", and I have to say, it's the best Indian restaurant I've ever tried. All others in Ramsgate fall short to this one in comparison, in terms of service, hospitality, atmosphere, and most importantly; food. My mum isn't easily impressed (given that she considers herself to be an amazing cook herself!), but she could also find no fault. Overall, the food was exquisite and ambrosial, and I definitely recommend anyone reading this to try it. I myself will be paying another visit very imminently! "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 29 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • kevin said:
    " Excellent service really enjoyed the food and great location. "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 19 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • sam said: "excellent food and always very welcoming
    Excellent food and always very welcoming!

    Been here numerous times and always very happy staff. Some places i have used the tastecard seem to begrudge me using it but here they are always happy to accept. Food always good. Will keep coming as pleased with all aspects of this. "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 5 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "3 weeks ago I wanted to treat my elderly neighbours for a meal to thank them for their support during difficult times. Although they were unsure about trying spicy foods, they both loved it and complimented the delicate and distinguishable flavours. The food was tasty, the service was reasonably quick and the staff and management were friendly. We were also fortunate that there was a firework display at the harbour on the same evening so we stepped outside and it was a fitting end to an enjoyable evening - We will certainly come back again and recommend this restaurant to our friends and neighbours. Denisey "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 28 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Good service, delicious food in a great location overlooking the harbour. Janice "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "We liked it, friendly and comfortable, good food at reasonable prices. Bob   "
    Posted 5 years, 4 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review