tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
Shalimar image
Shalimar image
Shalimar image
Shalimar image

2 for 1 at Shalimar

Shabab Restaurants came on the scene in 1973, the heady days of the red flock wall paper and prevalent culture of a late night Vindaloo melt down. This new arrival of restaurants catered for the discerning diners who were on the lookout for a dining experience combining authentic food, exotic surroundings and the very best eastern hospitality.

Over the last thirty-three years their richly decorated, authentic interiors and a range of mouth-watering freshly prepared recipes have made them stand out from the ever increasing crowd of so called Indian eateries that look and taste the same.

Their a-la-carte menu has continuously evolved over the years. With an emphasis on remaining authentic and close to the way meals are prepared in typical Asian domestic kitchens. They use the very best ingredients from local suppliers and do not use any artificial colourings or readymade pastes.

Important Information

Please note: bookings must be made at least 2 hours in advance,

View all reviews
Shalimar
Average member score
4.8 17
Diner rating
Excellent
13
Very good
4
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Steve said
" Excellent"
Read more
"Great Night Out
Thanks for looking after us so well. Great night out with super food."
Read more
George said
" Not sure got good value only £6.50 off £70.00 meal."
Read more
Matt said "Fantastic Little gem!
My husband and I always go to this restaurant for an authentic home cooked Indian food. The food..."
Read more
Kasper said "Excellent Value
Booked sat with taste card arrived at 8 two other couples waiting also booked and did not sit..."
Read more
Anna said "Excellent
Couldn't fault anything, will definitely be back thanks"
Read more
Andrew said "Excellent food, faultless service
A warm and friendly welcome by the staff every time. Food is consistently superb with plenty of..."
Read more
Katy said "Good food great atmosphere
Great food.. will definitely consider coming back.. very helpful and friendly staff"
Read more
" Great meal. We got more than we bargained for. Staff spot on!"
Read more
Karl said "Excellent
Excellent food and service would highly recommend the chefs specials"
Read more
JM said
" It's one of the best Indian restaurant we've been. Atmosphere is great!"
Read more
Andrew said "Great food with excellent service
Fantastic food with excellent service. This is the best curry I have eaten. This was our 3rd..."
Read more
Aileen said
" Fantastic food and great staff!"
Read more
R said
" Excellent food and great service from manager"
Read more
Kim said
" Just brilliant :-)"
Read more
Andy said
" Wow!!! I live in Harrogate and cannot believe I have not eaten there before. Fantastic greeting..."
Read more
Lonneke said "Fantastic
Warm welcoming staff and fantastic food. We couldn't have wished for a better evening out."
Read more
  • Steve said:
    " Excellent "
    Posted 1 year, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Great Night Out
    Thanks for looking after us so well. Great night out with super food. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • George said:
    " Not sure got good value only £6.50 off £70.00 meal. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Matt said: "Fantastic Little gem!
    My husband and I always go to this restaurant for an authentic home cooked Indian food. The food is amazing! The chef cooks the food according to your liking and taste. The atmosphere is really nice, the staff are polite, accommodating and very friendly. The atmosphere is lovely and the Indian decoration adds character to the restaurant.
    We will definitely go back and will recommend it to our friends and family. If you're visiting Harrogate, make sure you find this little gem! "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kasper said: "Excellent Value
    Booked sat with taste card arrived at 8 two other couples waiting also booked and did not sit down till quarter to 9 food very good excellent mixed seafood starter and curry mains free poppodums cos of wait eager to please but staff kept mentioning trip advisor and obviously worried about reviews though shouldnt have given food quality but worried they were trying to cram too many people in .at one point asked a table they knew to move to the bar to finish drinks. That being said one of the best indians i have had and coming from manchester and its curry mile its a huge compliment "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anna said: "Excellent
    Couldn't fault anything, will definitely be back thanks "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said: "Excellent food, faultless service
    A warm and friendly welcome by the staff every time. Food is consistently superb with plenty of choice and variations available on the menu. The restaurant owner is always around checking that everything is as you wish. Highly recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Katy said: "Good food great atmosphere
    Great food.. will definitely consider coming back.. very helpful and friendly staff "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great meal. We got more than we bargained for. Staff spot on! "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karl said: "Excellent
    Excellent food and service would highly recommend the chefs specials "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • JM said:
    " It's one of the best Indian restaurant we've been. Atmosphere is great! "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said: "Great food with excellent service
    Fantastic food with excellent service. This is the best curry I have eaten. This was our 3rd visit to the restaurant and we will be going back. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Aileen said:
    " Fantastic food and great staff! "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • R said:
    " Excellent food and great service from manager "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kim said:
    " Just brilliant :-) "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andy said:
    " Wow!!! I live in Harrogate and cannot believe I have not eaten there before. Fantastic greeting and we even let the main man choose our food which was amazing. The best lamb my wife and I have ever eaten tender and not rubbery which is often served elsewhere. The service was attentive and appreciated. I can be very critical but have no choice but to give 5*, we will definitely be going back and I will be taking a group with me next time, Andy & Paula. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lonneke said: "Fantastic
    Warm welcoming staff and fantastic food. We couldn't have wished for a better evening out. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Steve said:
    " Excellent "
    Posted 1 year, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Great Night Out
    Thanks for looking after us so well. Great night out with super food. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • George said:
    " Not sure got good value only £6.50 off £70.00 meal. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Matt said: "Fantastic Little gem!
    My husband and I always go to this restaurant for an authentic home cooked Indian food. The food is amazing! The chef cooks the food according to your liking and taste. The atmosphere is really nice, the staff are polite, accommodating and very friendly. The atmosphere is lovely and the Indian decoration adds character to the restaurant.
    We will definitely go back and will recommend it to our friends and family. If you're visiting Harrogate, make sure you find this little gem! "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kasper said: "Excellent Value
    Booked sat with taste card arrived at 8 two other couples waiting also booked and did not sit down till quarter to 9 food very good excellent mixed seafood starter and curry mains free poppodums cos of wait eager to please but staff kept mentioning trip advisor and obviously worried about reviews though shouldnt have given food quality but worried they were trying to cram too many people in .at one point asked a table they knew to move to the bar to finish drinks. That being said one of the best indians i have had and coming from manchester and its curry mile its a huge compliment "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anna said: "Excellent
    Couldn't fault anything, will definitely be back thanks "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said: "Excellent food, faultless service
    A warm and friendly welcome by the staff every time. Food is consistently superb with plenty of choice and variations available on the menu. The restaurant owner is always around checking that everything is as you wish. Highly recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Katy said: "Good food great atmosphere
    Great food.. will definitely consider coming back.. very helpful and friendly staff "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great meal. We got more than we bargained for. Staff spot on! "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karl said: "Excellent
    Excellent food and service would highly recommend the chefs specials "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • JM said:
    " It's one of the best Indian restaurant we've been. Atmosphere is great! "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said: "Great food with excellent service
    Fantastic food with excellent service. This is the best curry I have eaten. This was our 3rd visit to the restaurant and we will be going back. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Aileen said:
    " Fantastic food and great staff! "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • R said:
    " Excellent food and great service from manager "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kim said:
    " Just brilliant :-) "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andy said:
    " Wow!!! I live in Harrogate and cannot believe I have not eaten there before. Fantastic greeting and we even let the main man choose our food which was amazing. The best lamb my wife and I have ever eaten tender and not rubbery which is often served elsewhere. The service was attentive and appreciated. I can be very critical but have no choice but to give 5*, we will definitely be going back and I will be taking a group with me next time, Andy & Paula. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lonneke said: "Fantastic
    Warm welcoming staff and fantastic food. We couldn't have wished for a better evening out. "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall