tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
View Menu
L'Ulivo - Irving Street image
L'Ulivo - Irving Street image
L'Ulivo - Irving Street image

2 for 1 at L'Ulivo - Irving Street

L'Ulivo Restaurant on Irvin street WC1 is a partly hidden classically Italian restaurant nestling amongst some of the cheaper tourist venues of Leicester Square.

Boasting outside tables to sit in the sun and watch the world, Irving Street is also pedestrian-only and therefore avoids all the traffic fumes of the area.

Inside is a lovely hotch potch of old brick walls, ancient wall lights, very Italian mirrors, wines and high ceilings. All well laid out with tables that can cater for most party sizes from couples to dinner for groups of twenty plus.

An open plan pizza oven sits at the end of the long bar and you can watch your food going in, while having a typical Italian wine and then tuck into pizza or pasta served with fresh salad or vegetables.

It is the perfect place for a quick bite before heading off to any of the many theatres surrounding Leicester Square.

The whole restaurant seats around 80 people and the food starts from £7.00 per head and the friendly and attentive staff are always willing to please.

Coffee, lunch, or early evening dinner, it the perfect place to enjoy great tasting Italian food in homespun surroundings at reasonable prices.

Important Information

Please note: bookings must be made at least 1 hour before your chosen dining time. tastecard is not accepted through the month of December at this restaurant.

View all reviews
L'Ulivo - Irving Street
Average member score
3.9 14
Diner rating
Excellent
5
Very good
3
Good
5
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Ruth said "Below Average Experience
The staff and service were fab. Very welcoming and quick.

The food arrived very..."
Read more
Phil said
" Great food and really quick service.
Slow in bringing the bill though.
Other than..."
Read more
Kathy said
" The food was excellent didn't want it to end ,the service was good and very pleasant , will..."
Read more
James said "Worth a look!
Good portion sizes and helpful, friendly staff. The house white is also great!"
Read more
D said "Not Bad!
Great use of tastecard as we walked in on a quite lunch period in December! The food was okay!"
Read more
Chris said "Great food and service
Good price and quality, ideal dinner & movie."
Read more
"Lovely Ambience
Food was nice. First time having Italian food. Nice and simply."
Read more
Londonboys said "Mice!!!
Two mice ran past our feet in this restaurant! However, service was lovely and food was decent...."
Read more
" good"
Read more
Carol said "With friends
All ok but they only accepted one card per table. This is not mentioned on the taste card..."
Read more
" Excellent
as always"
Read more
ILIAS said
" Nice place:-)"
Read more
Carolyne said
" Had a really nice lunch here, nice decor in restaurant, good value with a tastecard"
Read more
Lisa said "Not bad, not great.
The food was pretty good, 6.5/10 with good size portions but service was really slow even though..."
Read more
"I went there yesterday and used my tastecard for the first time. The service was great and the..."
Read more
"My sister and I went on a Tuesday night and it was relatively quiet, but we still had to wait a..."
Read more
"Nice pizzas, average starters and clean restaurant but it's definitely one for the tourists..."
Read more
"  Nice food, clean easy Italian. Friendly staff, basic, nice and tasty!   Luisa"
Read more
  • Ruth said: "Below Average Experience
    The staff and service were fab. Very welcoming and quick.

    The food arrived very quickly but this always makes me suspicious. It tasted and looked very average or even below average. The starters were £8 ish for a very small portion. I had mushrooms in Gorgonzola sauce which was tasty but it worked out nearly £1 per button mushroom!

    The mains were large but the quality was not good. I had chicken with mushrooms in sauce, lots of chicken but quite dry. Certainly not worth the £12. My partner had a pizza which looked like a child had made it and had packet ham on it.

    There is no way I would go to this place without the taste card. And actually I don't even think that makes the price right.

    There was weird Italian pop on the stereo that didn't match surroundings which were pleasant.

    Such a shame as we had been looking forward to going here but I honestly can't recommend it. "
    Posted 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Phil said:
    " Great food and really quick service.
    Slow in bringing the bill though.
    Other than last bit - great venue "
    Posted 5 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kathy said:
    " The food was excellent didn't want it to end ,the service was good and very pleasant , will definitely go again "
    Posted 6 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • James said: "Worth a look!
    Good portion sizes and helpful, friendly staff. The house white is also great! "
    Posted 7 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • D said: "Not Bad!
    Great use of tastecard as we walked in on a quite lunch period in December! The food was okay! "
    Posted 9 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chris said: "Great food and service
    Good price and quality, ideal dinner & movie. "
    Posted 11 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Lovely Ambience
    Food was nice. First time having Italian food. Nice and simply. "
    Posted 11 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Londonboys said: "Mice!!!
    Two mice ran past our feet in this restaurant! However, service was lovely and food was decent. House red wine was terrible. Carbonara was British style not Italian, but still very tasty. The mixed platter starter was excellent. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " good "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carol said: "With friends
    All ok but they only accepted one card per table. This is not mentioned on the taste card criteria. There were 4 of us with two cards. The manager eventually accepted both cards. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Excellent
    as always "
    Posted 2 years, 20 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ILIAS said:
    " Nice place:-) "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carolyne said:
    " Had a really nice lunch here, nice decor in restaurant, good value with a tastecard "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 11 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lisa said: "Not bad, not great.
    The food was pretty good, 6.5/10 with good size portions but service was really slow even though it was very quiet and there were loads of staff, some drinks were forgotten too. Some of the staff were lovely and attentive, but there was a lot of talking over you in another language, which made me feel uncomfortable. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "I went there yesterday and used my tastecard for the first time. The service was great and the food was great! I will be going back very soon. Rohima   "
    Posted 5 years, 8 months, 1 day ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "My sister and I went on a Tuesday night and it was relatively quiet, but we still had to wait a while to be served. However, the staff were polite and the food was very nice - tasty and good sized portions. We did get bread and olives (and the cover charge on the bill) but I'd prefer not to be given them unless you ask for them. Service was additional. I would go back, as the food was nice (I'd recommend the seafood spaghetti) and good value with the tastecard. Lisa "
    Posted 5 years, 9 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Nice pizzas, average starters and clean restaurant but it's definitely one for the tourists given it's location next to Leicester Square. A cover charge was added to the bill without any mention of it but the usual cover items (bread, butter, oils, olives etc) were not provided. Pricey wine but still a good deal on food with the TL card.  Rob "
    Posted 6 years, 6 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "  Nice food, clean easy Italian. Friendly staff, basic, nice and tasty!   Luisa "
    Posted 6 years, 8 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Ruth said: "Below Average Experience
    The staff and service were fab. Very welcoming and quick.

    The food arrived very quickly but this always makes me suspicious. It tasted and looked very average or even below average. The starters were £8 ish for a very small portion. I had mushrooms in Gorgonzola sauce which was tasty but it worked out nearly £1 per button mushroom!

    The mains were large but the quality was not good. I had chicken with mushrooms in sauce, lots of chicken but quite dry. Certainly not worth the £12. My partner had a pizza which looked like a child had made it and had packet ham on it.

    There is no way I would go to this place without the taste card. And actually I don't even think that makes the price right.

    There was weird Italian pop on the stereo that didn't match surroundings which were pleasant.

    Such a shame as we had been looking forward to going here but I honestly can't recommend it. "
    Posted 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Phil said:
    " Great food and really quick service.
    Slow in bringing the bill though.
    Other than last bit - great venue "
    Posted 5 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kathy said:
    " The food was excellent didn't want it to end ,the service was good and very pleasant , will definitely go again "
    Posted 6 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • James said: "Worth a look!
    Good portion sizes and helpful, friendly staff. The house white is also great! "
    Posted 7 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • D said: "Not Bad!
    Great use of tastecard as we walked in on a quite lunch period in December! The food was okay! "
    Posted 9 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chris said: "Great food and service
    Good price and quality, ideal dinner & movie. "
    Posted 11 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Lovely Ambience
    Food was nice. First time having Italian food. Nice and simply. "
    Posted 11 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Londonboys said: "Mice!!!
    Two mice ran past our feet in this restaurant! However, service was lovely and food was decent. House red wine was terrible. Carbonara was British style not Italian, but still very tasty. The mixed platter starter was excellent. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " good "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carol said: "With friends
    All ok but they only accepted one card per table. This is not mentioned on the taste card criteria. There were 4 of us with two cards. The manager eventually accepted both cards. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Excellent
    as always "
    Posted 2 years, 20 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ILIAS said:
    " Nice place:-) "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carolyne said:
    " Had a really nice lunch here, nice decor in restaurant, good value with a tastecard "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 11 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lisa said: "Not bad, not great.
    The food was pretty good, 6.5/10 with good size portions but service was really slow even though it was very quiet and there were loads of staff, some drinks were forgotten too. Some of the staff were lovely and attentive, but there was a lot of talking over you in another language, which made me feel uncomfortable. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "I went there yesterday and used my tastecard for the first time. The service was great and the food was great! I will be going back very soon. Rohima   "
    Posted 5 years, 8 months, 1 day ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "My sister and I went on a Tuesday night and it was relatively quiet, but we still had to wait a while to be served. However, the staff were polite and the food was very nice - tasty and good sized portions. We did get bread and olives (and the cover charge on the bill) but I'd prefer not to be given them unless you ask for them. Service was additional. I would go back, as the food was nice (I'd recommend the seafood spaghetti) and good value with the tastecard. Lisa "
    Posted 5 years, 9 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Nice pizzas, average starters and clean restaurant but it's definitely one for the tourists given it's location next to Leicester Square. A cover charge was added to the bill without any mention of it but the usual cover items (bread, butter, oils, olives etc) were not provided. Pricey wine but still a good deal on food with the TL card.  Rob "
    Posted 6 years, 6 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "  Nice food, clean easy Italian. Friendly staff, basic, nice and tasty!   Luisa "
    Posted 6 years, 8 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review