tastecard
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredDecember restriction
James' Cafe Bistro image
James' Cafe Bistro image
James' Cafe Bistro image
James' Cafe Bistro image
James' Cafe Bistro image

2 for 1 at James' Cafe Bistro

James’ Cafe Bistro is a quaint restaurant that takes great pride in creating every dish with the freshest, and often locally sourced ingredients. With an extensive menu, serving Italian and English dishes, you can dine assured that every member of the family will find a dish for them. The tasty risotto is the most popular dish on the menu!

The perfect pit stop whilst shopping in the bustling city of Leicester, James Café provides a haven from the busy streets and even busier shoppers. Take some time out and enjoy a meal here, you won’t regret it.

View all reviews
James' Cafe Bistro
Average member score
4.4 9
Diner rating
Excellent
4
Very good
5
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Nikki said "Amazing food
Really good food, very reasonably priced. Good cocktails! Worth a visit for lunch or dinner"
Read more
Joyce said "Excellent!
Good fresh food, great music,
Altogether a nice experience- we'll certainly go again!"
Read more
Susan said "Lovely
Very nice"
Read more
Jess said "Very Nice Place To Eat! Friendly And tasty, Good Atmosphere :)
We had a lovely early evening meal here, 2 beers and 3 courses for 2 people = £35! Very nice food..."
Read more
SEB said "BEST PLACE in LEICESTER
Look no further and don't think about going anywhere else, everything is brilliant and great..."
Read more
Sen said "Yes Give It A Go
Pretty standard but I had fish and chips, pies are standout amazing, noble pint great, service..."
Read more
EMILY said "Great cafe/bistro
The food was amazing both in terms of taste and value for money. Would highly recommend the..."
Read more
Tony said
" Regular customer who enjoys the environment and freindlyness"
Read more
Elizabeth said "Excellent
I liked everything about this place, good music, service and most of all the food. Every time I..."
Read more
"I took up the risotto tip... Seafood risotto was excellent. Now been many times, for all sorts,..."
Read more
"Had a very tasty pasta dish followed by the taster pudding, very pleasant restaurant, would go..."
Read more
"Excellent restaurant, the food was lovely. The taster pudding features a small slice of several..."
Read more
  • Nikki said: "Amazing food
    Really good food, very reasonably priced. Good cocktails! Worth a visit for lunch or dinner "
    Posted 4 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joyce said: "Excellent!
    Good fresh food, great music,
    Altogether a nice experience- we'll certainly go again! "
    Posted 10 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Susan said: "Lovely
    Very nice "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jess said: "Very Nice Place To Eat! Friendly And tasty, Good Atmosphere :)
    We had a lovely early evening meal here, 2 beers and 3 courses for 2 people = £35! Very nice food and service, will be back! X "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SEB said: "BEST PLACE in LEICESTER
    Look no further and don't think about going anywhere else, everything is brilliant and great value on tastecard. Fresh seasonal and taste of brilliance. Puts most places to shame and menu changes because it is the best place in Leicester.

    Had a great time and the salmond was brilliant, bit overly priced at 15.95 but cooked to perfection. Berry pavlova....oh my god and the perfect brownie. Cooking like that in Leicester....didn't know it was even available for such places. Go quick and try for yourselves...speak very highly of this place, "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sen said: "Yes Give It A Go
    Pretty standard but I had fish and chips, pies are standout amazing, noble pint great, service forgot few things but quickly sorted, starters look great. Good value and easy going. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • EMILY said: "Great cafe/bistro
    The food was amazing both in terms of taste and value for money. Would highly recommend the seafood risotto! Staff were also very friendly and the decor and ambiance of the cafe was warm and inviting. Definitely worth a visit, and ideal to escape the business of Highcross on a Saturday! =D "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tony said:
    " Regular customer who enjoys the environment and freindlyness "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Elizabeth said: "Excellent
    I liked everything about this place, good music, service and most of all the food. Every time I have been I have eaten something different and it has always been delicious. The price is brilliant too. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "I took up the risotto tip... Seafood risotto was excellent. Now been many times, for all sorts, sometimes just for a quiet coffee other times for a tasty /healthy lunch. Vegi friends have been most impressed. Last week it was a quickie... Coffee and a homemade lemon meringue... Divine. Mary "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Had a very tasty pasta dish followed by the taster pudding, very pleasant restaurant, would go again, may try a jazz or folk night which are on once a month. Maureen "
    Posted 4 years, 7 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Excellent restaurant, the food was lovely. The taster pudding features a small slice of several puddings and is to die for! Very good value - even without the tastecard. Helen "
    Posted 4 years, 10 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Nikki said: "Amazing food
    Really good food, very reasonably priced. Good cocktails! Worth a visit for lunch or dinner "
    Posted 4 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joyce said: "Excellent!
    Good fresh food, great music,
    Altogether a nice experience- we'll certainly go again! "
    Posted 10 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Susan said: "Lovely
    Very nice "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jess said: "Very Nice Place To Eat! Friendly And tasty, Good Atmosphere :)
    We had a lovely early evening meal here, 2 beers and 3 courses for 2 people = £35! Very nice food and service, will be back! X "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SEB said: "BEST PLACE in LEICESTER
    Look no further and don't think about going anywhere else, everything is brilliant and great value on tastecard. Fresh seasonal and taste of brilliance. Puts most places to shame and menu changes because it is the best place in Leicester.

    Had a great time and the salmond was brilliant, bit overly priced at 15.95 but cooked to perfection. Berry pavlova....oh my god and the perfect brownie. Cooking like that in Leicester....didn't know it was even available for such places. Go quick and try for yourselves...speak very highly of this place, "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sen said: "Yes Give It A Go
    Pretty standard but I had fish and chips, pies are standout amazing, noble pint great, service forgot few things but quickly sorted, starters look great. Good value and easy going. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • EMILY said: "Great cafe/bistro
    The food was amazing both in terms of taste and value for money. Would highly recommend the seafood risotto! Staff were also very friendly and the decor and ambiance of the cafe was warm and inviting. Definitely worth a visit, and ideal to escape the business of Highcross on a Saturday! =D "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tony said:
    " Regular customer who enjoys the environment and freindlyness "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Elizabeth said: "Excellent
    I liked everything about this place, good music, service and most of all the food. Every time I have been I have eaten something different and it has always been delicious. The price is brilliant too. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "I took up the risotto tip... Seafood risotto was excellent. Now been many times, for all sorts, sometimes just for a quiet coffee other times for a tasty /healthy lunch. Vegi friends have been most impressed. Last week it was a quickie... Coffee and a homemade lemon meringue... Divine. Mary "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Had a very tasty pasta dish followed by the taster pudding, very pleasant restaurant, would go again, may try a jazz or folk night which are on once a month. Maureen "
    Posted 4 years, 7 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review
  • "Excellent restaurant, the food was lovely. The taster pudding features a small slice of several puddings and is to die for! Very good value - even without the tastecard. Helen "
    Posted 4 years, 10 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
    Sorry, there are no scores for this review