Search
50% off food billMaximum of 6 peopleBooking requiredAvailable December
View Menu
Mumbai Square Indian Bar Restaurant image
Mumbai Square Indian Bar Restaurant image
Mumbai Square Indian Bar Restaurant image
Mumbai Square Indian Bar Restaurant image
Mumbai Square Indian Bar Restaurant image

50% off at Mumbai Square Indian Bar Restaurant

Mumbai Square is located minutes away from Aldgate Station offering a truly unique dining experience. The restaurant presents a new menu all designed to reflect an ethos of innovation and creativity in one of the most stunning dining rooms in The City. Mumbai Square are dedicated to providing exquisite and tailored menus using authentic traditional recipes all designed to push boundaries in modern Indian dining.

The Restaurant recently went through extensive renovation and the transformation was completed in December 2011 but the real difference has been the change in what is offered to you, their customers, paving the way for a new generation of modern Indian dining.

Keeping up with all the traditions of its founder, a lot of effort has been placed to create an atmosphere that offers traditional ambience and cuisine of the highest standard. They have created a menu that caters for everyone from the health-conscious to vegetarians.

The character and atmosphere at Mumbai Square is truly unique; the pace is fast and the service faultless, a unique atmosphere that must be experienced to be appreciated.

Important Information

Please Note: Members must order a minimum of two courses to benefit from the offer. The tastecard discount is not available on Celebration days. We also encourage members to drink 'paid for drinks' and not just tap water; this encouragement reflects the idea that the scheme works for everyone; our members and our restaurants alike. If eating out becomes more affordable then people will do so more often - increasing footfall for the restaurants and therefore profit - and if the restaurants sell drinks to our members as well as the discounted food, everyone wins!

View all reviews
Mumbai Square Indian Bar Restaurant
Average member score
4.2 42
Diner rating
Excellent
26
Very good
8
Good
2
Average
1
Poor
5
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Dave said "Brilliant Find
Only found this because of tastecard while Away for work

I like curry this place is..."
Read more
Roy said "Great food
After arriving at 9:55pm on a Tuesday evening we didn’t hold out much hope - we were so wrong...."
Read more
Sej said "Fine Prints...
Atmosphere -
Very fancy and classy, definitely a place to take a date or to impress
..."
Read more
Stew said
" Excellent taste card experience"
Read more
Zak said "Amazing Food And Great Service
Amazing service and very swift. Food was tasty and flavoursome!"
Read more
Sam said "Fantastic
Really friendly and the best curry’s,
We had Lamb Rogan Josh, Garlic chilli chicken and..."
Read more
Becky said "Tasty
Tasty food. Friendly staff."
Read more
Debs said "Fabulous Dining Experience
What a find, this place is amazing. The food was excellent, flavours on point and the..."
Read more
Ali said
" Good fooda bit low on quantity"
Read more
Emma said
" Amazing food!"
Read more
Megan said
" Delicious food and great service. I'll be eating here again!"
Read more
Helene said "Hidden Gem
10 mins walk from Liverpool St station, we chose this restaurant for convenience but were..."
Read more
Yasmin said
" Was okay slow service"
Read more
David said "Great value great food
Lovely staff, felt welcomed throughout and food was ace. Been here a couple times and the..."
Read more
Kirk said "Dinner With Friends
Very good service, very good food.
The prices are reasonable for London.

We..."
Read more
Shuhel said
" I think a little more discount wouldve made the experience much better, as mumbai sq is our go-to..."
Read more
Ruby said "Terrible food and service
I went out for a meal with my family thinking we were going to have a great night because of the..."
Read more
Adam said
" Disappointed with small portion sizes and then treated appallingly on the phone when I called to..."
Read more
Christopher said
" Food was great staff polite will be back"
Read more
Brogan said "Very Good Food And Service!
Quiet on a Tuesday evening with not much atmosphere but service and food was very good. Highly..."
Read more
Rav said "I definitely won't go back.
Just horrific... Everything. I don't recommend this place at all."
Read more
Kat said "Not going back there again!
Probably the most weirdest dining experience. Upon arrival, greeted by a gentleman who..."
Read more
Ashly said "Worst Place I have ever been to
Service was soo poor and we had to go up to the bar every time we needed something as they..."
Read more
KRB said "Lovely Food!
I didn’t realise I had to book first but the service was very accommodating."
Read more
Lucy said
" Incredible place!!! Such a hidden gem. Found it after our table at the duck and waffle was..."
Read more
Miss said "Well Recommend
Visited this restaurant for my boyfriend's birthday. Use of the Tastecard was very easy. You..."
Read more
Lauren said "Fab food
Fab food"
Read more
Nick said "Highly Overrated
I don't know what it is with reviews on tastecard. I literally think everyone on here must..."
Read more
Samuel said "Great food
Well decorated interior match with good service and superb value food."
Read more
Myroslava said "Really lovely meal
We had a delightful meal. The food was excellent and service was also very good. Would definitely..."
Read more
Chris said "Good
Nice food good service!! We really enjoyed our meal"
Read more
"Great Food
Went on a Wednesday evening was a bit quiet but no idea why because the food was amazing!"
Read more
Tom said "Very Quiet, Hidden Away
A nice, modern restaurant, hidden away in a central location. Visited it at the weekend, the..."
Read more
Anthony said "Not enought quantity
I'm glade i've use the tastecard with that restaurant. There is no Indian atmosphere..."
Read more
Mokbul said "Great place
Great place to bring your friends, family or even your colleagues :)
Nice and classy..."
Read more
Merlin said
" Lovely restaurant, tasty food and good service"
Read more
P said "Great food!
The service leaves a lot to be desired but the food is excellent. If you don't mind waiting..."
Read more
Tia said
" Beautiful looking place. Staff were very welcoming and service was great. Food was delicious..."
Read more
Sunit said "One of the superb restaurant
I had went to Mumbai Square for a lunch yesterday by calling them and booking our seats early...."
Read more
Catherine said "Great food!
Both the service and the food here could not be faulted in any way, shame we don't live nearer!"
Read more
MORGAN said "Impressive
I have been there twice in the past two months during lunchtime and the place has sadly not been..."
Read more
Aron said "Excellent Indian in the City
I went to Mumbai Square with some international clients, I have been to many Indian Restaurants,..."
Read more
  • Dave said: "Brilliant Find
    Only found this because of tastecard while Away for work

    I like curry this place is exceptional

    Definitely worth coming "
    Posted 4 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Roy said: "Great food
    After arriving at 9:55pm on a Tuesday evening we didn’t hold out much hope - we were so wrong. Great food and service!
    Definitely going back. "
    Posted 4 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sej said: "Fine Prints...
    Atmosphere -
    Very fancy and classy, definitely a place to take a date or to impress

    Food-
    Mediocre Indian food, portion size small not really like the photos on the website.

    Pricing-
    In order to use tastecard u and party must order starter and main each.
    Drinks not included in the price however soft drink prices are not too overpriced roughly £2/3.
    Service charge of 12.5% applies, this is based on the original bill price not after the discount.

    Overall if you’re a foodie that’s picky about the food I wouldn’t suggest however if you’re looking for okay Indian food and fancy spot this the one. "
    Posted 4 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stew said:
    " Excellent taste card experience "
    Posted 5 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Zak said: "Amazing Food And Great Service
    Amazing service and very swift. Food was tasty and flavoursome! "
    Posted 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sam said: "Fantastic
    Really friendly and the best curry’s,
    We had Lamb Rogan Josh, Garlic chilli chicken and chicken Madras
    All lovely and the spicy chips are amazing "
    Posted 6 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Becky said: "Tasty
    Tasty food. Friendly staff. "
    Posted 6 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Debs said: "Fabulous Dining Experience
    What a find, this place is amazing. The food was excellent, flavours on point and the lamb........ it just melts in your mouth. If you haven’t been yet, then you my tastecard buddy are missing out "
    Posted 6 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ali said:
    " Good fooda bit low on quantity "
    Posted 6 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Emma said:
    " Amazing food! "
    Posted 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Megan said:
    " Delicious food and great service. I'll be eating here again! "
    Posted 7 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Helene said: "Hidden Gem
    10 mins walk from Liverpool St station, we chose this restaurant for convenience but were impressed with the quality of the dishes. The sauces that accompanied the poppadoms were excellent. For starters we had the vegetable selection of samosa, onion bhaji and chili paneer, along with chicken cooked in garlic butter.
    Our mains were the chef’s special sizzling prawn and the tarka dhal, with tandoori roti. We tried the Indian red wine, not really to our taste, before settling on an Argentinian Malbec.
    The chairs were very comfortable and the napkins rolled inside silver rings were a nice touch. After our meal we were offered hot towels - cloth not paper.
    The service was very good but the downside was the noise of the patrons. It was at times difficult to hold a conversation.
    Once again Tastecard took the sting out of the final bill.
    We would come here again. "
    Posted 8 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Yasmin said:
    " Was okay slow service "
    Posted 8 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Great value great food
    Lovely staff, felt welcomed throughout and food was ace. Been here a couple times and the Aubergine dishes stand out in my view and I'm not a vegetarian (if that makes a difference!) "
    Posted 8 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kirk said: "Dinner With Friends
    Very good service, very good food.
    The prices are reasonable for London.

    We will be back again "
    Posted 9 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shuhel said:
    " I think a little more discount wouldve made the experience much better, as mumbai sq is our go-to Indian restaurant- always love the service and atmosphere, its very local for me just minutes away. So better pricing would do the job amd get the 5 ☆ from me. Than
    k you "
    Posted 10 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ruby said: "Terrible food and service
    I went out for a meal with my family thinking we were going to have a great night because of the location and reviews, but it turned out to be the most horrible dining experience ever, the staff were hostile with little or no communication, my partner had to get up twice for their attention.
    The decor was very dated and needed attention, it does not live up to the prices of the menu, overall the experience was not great, will not be recommending this place to any friends or family. "
    Posted 11 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adam said:
    " Disappointed with small portion sizes and then treated appallingly on the phone when I called to complain: The food arrived on time with a friendly delivery cyclist. I noticed that that the Daal Bhaji, the chicken tikka madras and the Bombay aloo (3 out of our 4 dishes) were all half empty. I called to explain this to an employee at Mumbai Square. According to the rude employee the half empty boxes are fine because Bombay aloo and the Daal Bhaji are sides. He forgets that the two sides are in small boxes already. If you were to get your money's worth and fill them up they would still contain less than the mains in their bigger boxes. The few potatoes were bland and of a meagre quality. The 6 small pieces of Chicken tikka madras arrived in an incredibly oily sauce. It was simply spicy chicken without any flavour. I tried explaining that the £7.25 chicken tikka madras is a main dish and not a side. The rice (a side) was full. His response was to speak over me down the phone to say that the portions were so small because the rents are so high in central London and that I should be ashamed of myself. I was also told, repeatedly, to go and eat curry and chips at the local chippy. If the employee had been professional and taken my complaint seriously by offering to deliver a full box of food (as paid for) rather than telling me to go to a chippy instead and complain about his high rents then I would have been pacified. Instead, I am incensed and shall never order from this "fine dining" (his words - also shouted over me down the phone) restaurant again. "
    Posted 11 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Christopher said:
    " Food was great staff polite will be back "
    Posted 11 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brogan said: "Very Good Food And Service!
    Quiet on a Tuesday evening with not much atmosphere but service and food was very good. Highly recommend! "
    Posted 11 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rav said: "I definitely won't go back.
    Just horrific... Everything. I don't recommend this place at all. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kat said: "Not going back there again!
    Probably the most weirdest dining experience. Upon arrival, greeted by a gentleman who didn't make eye contact and looked so depressed it was concerning. He looked shabby and unkempt.

    The restaurant was poorly lit (not to create ambience), and apart from the actual tables looked like it needed a deep clean and renovation.

    It took about 15 minutes before our order was taken. The poppadoms were not fresh, in fact the last one was soft!

    Some of the starter were surprisingly good and presentation was ok, although for the price I thought that only 3 pieces of paneer was a rip off. The lamb tikka was very chewy.

    My partner ordered garlic, chilli chicken which wasn't great - average at best.

    I ordered lamb tikka masala - it DEFINITELY wasn't fresh. The meat again was super chewy and dry - although drowned in coconut sauce, it looked like old meat slathered in gravy.

    The service was horrendously poor. Once the order was taken, that was the last communication with anyone we had till paying the bill. It was so poor in fact, another diner had to shout across the restaurant for attention!

    Considering it was Friday night, there were only 4 other table of diners and it was eerily quiet.

    Upon paying the bill, which we didn't ask for, the waiter brought us the bill with complimentary chocolates but no hot towels.
    We had to request them.

    The bill wasn't representative of the lack of quality or service. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ashly said: "Worst Place I have ever been to
    Service was soo poor and we had to go up to the bar every time we needed something as they wouldnt give us eye contact.

    To redeem tastercard discounts they were being soo funny about it. We had to argue for a bit before they gave us the discount.

    The food was ok, nothing amazing.

    Location was in the back roads of Liverpool Street. The area is very dodgy. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KRB said: "Lovely Food!
    I didn’t realise I had to book first but the service was very accommodating. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lucy said:
    " Incredible place!!! Such a hidden gem. Found it after our table at the duck and waffle was extended to 11:30pm! "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Miss said: "Well Recommend
    Visited this restaurant for my boyfriend's birthday. Use of the Tastecard was very easy. You must book your table in advance stating you have the card, or it will be void! The service was excellent. The main's were explained to us in detail. The food was excellent and we will be returning. Well done
    done Mumbai Square "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lauren said: "Fab food
    Fab food "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said: "Highly Overrated
    I don't know what it is with reviews on tastecard. I literally think everyone on here must think they're a self confessed food critic. Except they decide to over rate everything. This place is 3 stars at best. Very average and even potentially a little below.

    The atmosphere is fine, not much to talk about. Service? It's fine again, can't complain, but nothing amazing. Food? By far the worst. Nothing was fresh apart from maybe the salad. food took a while to arrive so you'd expect it to be good and fresh, nope. Meat was consistently dry and didn't taste fresh at all. "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Samuel said: "Great food
    Well decorated interior match with good service and superb value food. "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Myroslava said: "Really lovely meal
    We had a delightful meal. The food was excellent and service was also very good. Would definitely recommend! "
    Posted 3 years, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chris said: "Good
    Nice food good service!! We really enjoyed our meal "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Great Food
    Went on a Wednesday evening was a bit quiet but no idea why because the food was amazing! "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tom said: "Very Quiet, Hidden Away
    A nice, modern restaurant, hidden away in a central location. Visited it at the weekend, the restaurant was almost empty, however the food was lovely. Good value for money. Service also ok. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anthony said: "Not enought quantity
    I'm glade i've use the tastecard with that restaurant. There is no Indian atmosphere for a Friday night... The food was good but nothing special... "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mokbul said: "Great place
    Great place to bring your friends, family or even your colleagues :)
    Nice and classy place.
    Food really nicely presented.
    Price isn't too bad either. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Merlin said:
    " Lovely restaurant, tasty food and good service "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • P said: "Great food!
    The service leaves a lot to be desired but the food is excellent. If you don't mind waiting a while this is great Indian food! "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tia said:
    " Beautiful looking place. Staff were very welcoming and service was great. Food was delicious would definitely recommend. "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sunit said: "One of the superb restaurant
    I had went to Mumbai Square for a lunch yesterday by calling them and booking our seats early. When we reached there the manager courteously welcomed us and told the options and about the lunch buffet. So we opted for the lunch buffet. The service provided was top of the class and they were so polite and humble. The food tasted superbly and it just tasted like the food which we used to have in India so spicy and yummy. The buffet provided was so large and large varieties of Indian food was displayed.

    Each item in the buffet was up-to the mark and was so delicious and price was dead cheap and affordable to any people.people. Dont know if they were running some promotions or whether it is their standard buffet.Anyway I loved the taste , service and ambiance in the restaurant and have made sure that we visit the restaurant again in the near time itself "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 11 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Catherine said: "Great food!
    Both the service and the food here could not be faulted in any way, shame we don't live nearer! "
    Posted 5 years, 3 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MORGAN said: "Impressive
    I have been there twice in the past two months during lunchtime and the place has sadly not been very busy at all. This was surprising because the quality of the food was very, very good, especially the naan's which you could tell were very fresh. Service was faultless, but you would expect that from somewhere where there are not many people dining. Well worth checking out.......... "
    Posted 5 years, 6 months ago...
    3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Aron said: "Excellent Indian in the City
    I went to Mumbai Square with some international clients, I have been to many Indian Restaurants, but this has to be the best Indian in the city.
    Both the food and service were excellent. "
    Posted 6 years, 1 month, 26 days ago...
    6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Dave said: "Brilliant Find
    Only found this because of tastecard while Away for work

    I like curry this place is exceptional

    Definitely worth coming "
    Posted 4 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Roy said: "Great food
    After arriving at 9:55pm on a Tuesday evening we didn’t hold out much hope - we were so wrong. Great food and service!
    Definitely going back. "
    Posted 4 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sej said: "Fine Prints...
    Atmosphere -
    Very fancy and classy, definitely a place to take a date or to impress

    Food-
    Mediocre Indian food, portion size small not really like the photos on the website.

    Pricing-
    In order to use tastecard u and party must order starter and main each.
    Drinks not included in the price however soft drink prices are not too overpriced roughly £2/3.
    Service charge of 12.5% applies, this is based on the original bill price not after the discount.

    Overall if you’re a foodie that’s picky about the food I wouldn’t suggest however if you’re looking for okay Indian food and fancy spot this the one. "
    Posted 4 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stew said:
    " Excellent taste card experience "
    Posted 5 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Zak said: "Amazing Food And Great Service
    Amazing service and very swift. Food was tasty and flavoursome! "
    Posted 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sam said: "Fantastic
    Really friendly and the best curry’s,
    We had Lamb Rogan Josh, Garlic chilli chicken and chicken Madras
    All lovely and the spicy chips are amazing "
    Posted 6 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Becky said: "Tasty
    Tasty food. Friendly staff. "
    Posted 6 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Debs said: "Fabulous Dining Experience
    What a find, this place is amazing. The food was excellent, flavours on point and the lamb........ it just melts in your mouth. If you haven’t been yet, then you my tastecard buddy are missing out "
    Posted 6 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ali said:
    " Good fooda bit low on quantity "
    Posted 6 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Emma said:
    " Amazing food! "
    Posted 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Megan said:
    " Delicious food and great service. I'll be eating here again! "
    Posted 7 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Helene said: "Hidden Gem
    10 mins walk from Liverpool St station, we chose this restaurant for convenience but were impressed with the quality of the dishes. The sauces that accompanied the poppadoms were excellent. For starters we had the vegetable selection of samosa, onion bhaji and chili paneer, along with chicken cooked in garlic butter.
    Our mains were the chef’s special sizzling prawn and the tarka dhal, with tandoori roti. We tried the Indian red wine, not really to our taste, before settling on an Argentinian Malbec.
    The chairs were very comfortable and the napkins rolled inside silver rings were a nice touch. After our meal we were offered hot towels - cloth not paper.
    The service was very good but the downside was the noise of the patrons. It was at times difficult to hold a conversation.
    Once again Tastecard took the sting out of the final bill.
    We would come here again. "
    Posted 8 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Yasmin said:
    " Was okay slow service "
    Posted 8 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Great value great food
    Lovely staff, felt welcomed throughout and food was ace. Been here a couple times and the Aubergine dishes stand out in my view and I'm not a vegetarian (if that makes a difference!) "
    Posted 8 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kirk said: "Dinner With Friends
    Very good service, very good food.
    The prices are reasonable for London.

    We will be back again "
    Posted 9 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shuhel said:
    " I think a little more discount wouldve made the experience much better, as mumbai sq is our go-to Indian restaurant- always love the service and atmosphere, its very local for me just minutes away. So better pricing would do the job amd get the 5 ☆ from me. Than
    k you "
    Posted 10 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ruby said: "Terrible food and service
    I went out for a meal with my family thinking we were going to have a great night because of the location and reviews, but it turned out to be the most horrible dining experience ever, the staff were hostile with little or no communication, my partner had to get up twice for their attention.
    The decor was very dated and needed attention, it does not live up to the prices of the menu, overall the experience was not great, will not be recommending this place to any friends or family. "
    Posted 11 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adam said:
    " Disappointed with small portion sizes and then treated appallingly on the phone when I called to complain: The food arrived on time with a friendly delivery cyclist. I noticed that that the Daal Bhaji, the chicken tikka madras and the Bombay aloo (3 out of our 4 dishes) were all half empty. I called to explain this to an employee at Mumbai Square. According to the rude employee the half empty boxes are fine because Bombay aloo and the Daal Bhaji are sides. He forgets that the two sides are in small boxes already. If you were to get your money's worth and fill them up they would still contain less than the mains in their bigger boxes. The few potatoes were bland and of a meagre quality. The 6 small pieces of Chicken tikka madras arrived in an incredibly oily sauce. It was simply spicy chicken without any flavour. I tried explaining that the £7.25 chicken tikka madras is a main dish and not a side. The rice (a side) was full. His response was to speak over me down the phone to say that the portions were so small because the rents are so high in central London and that I should be ashamed of myself. I was also told, repeatedly, to go and eat curry and chips at the local chippy. If the employee had been professional and taken my complaint seriously by offering to deliver a full box of food (as paid for) rather than telling me to go to a chippy instead and complain about his high rents then I would have been pacified. Instead, I am incensed and shall never order from this "fine dining" (his words - also shouted over me down the phone) restaurant again. "
    Posted 11 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Christopher said:
    " Food was great staff polite will be back "
    Posted 11 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brogan said: "Very Good Food And Service!
    Quiet on a Tuesday evening with not much atmosphere but service and food was very good. Highly recommend! "
    Posted 11 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rav said: "I definitely won't go back.
    Just horrific... Everything. I don't recommend this place at all. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kat said: "Not going back there again!
    Probably the most weirdest dining experience. Upon arrival, greeted by a gentleman who didn't make eye contact and looked so depressed it was concerning. He looked shabby and unkempt.

    The restaurant was poorly lit (not to create ambience), and apart from the actual tables looked like it needed a deep clean and renovation.

    It took about 15 minutes before our order was taken. The poppadoms were not fresh, in fact the last one was soft!

    Some of the starter were surprisingly good and presentation was ok, although for the price I thought that only 3 pieces of paneer was a rip off. The lamb tikka was very chewy.

    My partner ordered garlic, chilli chicken which wasn't great - average at best.

    I ordered lamb tikka masala - it DEFINITELY wasn't fresh. The meat again was super chewy and dry - although drowned in coconut sauce, it looked like old meat slathered in gravy.

    The service was horrendously poor. Once the order was taken, that was the last communication with anyone we had till paying the bill. It was so poor in fact, another diner had to shout across the restaurant for attention!

    Considering it was Friday night, there were only 4 other table of diners and it was eerily quiet.

    Upon paying the bill, which we didn't ask for, the waiter brought us the bill with complimentary chocolates but no hot towels.
    We had to request them.

    The bill wasn't representative of the lack of quality or service. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ashly said: "Worst Place I have ever been to
    Service was soo poor and we had to go up to the bar every time we needed something as they wouldnt give us eye contact.

    To redeem tastercard discounts they were being soo funny about it. We had to argue for a bit before they gave us the discount.

    The food was ok, nothing amazing.

    Location was in the back roads of Liverpool Street. The area is very dodgy. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KRB said: "Lovely Food!
    I didn’t realise I had to book first but the service was very accommodating. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lucy said:
    " Incredible place!!! Such a hidden gem. Found it after our table at the duck and waffle was extended to 11:30pm! "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Miss said: "Well Recommend
    Visited this restaurant for my boyfriend's birthday. Use of the Tastecard was very easy. You must book your table in advance stating you have the card, or it will be void! The service was excellent. The main's were explained to us in detail. The food was excellent and we will be returning. Well done
    done Mumbai Square "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lauren said: "Fab food
    Fab food "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said: "Highly Overrated
    I don't know what it is with reviews on tastecard. I literally think everyone on here must think they're a self confessed food critic. Except they decide to over rate everything. This place is 3 stars at best. Very average and even potentially a little below.

    The atmosphere is fine, not much to talk about. Service? It's fine again, can't complain, but nothing amazing. Food? By far the worst. Nothing was fresh apart from maybe the salad. food took a while to arrive so you'd expect it to be good and fresh, nope. Meat was consistently dry and didn't taste fresh at all. "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Samuel said: "Great food
    Well decorated interior match with good service and superb value food. "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Myroslava said: "Really lovely meal
    We had a delightful meal. The food was excellent and service was also very good. Would definitely recommend! "
    Posted 3 years, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chris said: "Good
    Nice food good service!! We really enjoyed our meal "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Great Food
    Went on a Wednesday evening was a bit quiet but no idea why because the food was amazing! "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tom said: "Very Quiet, Hidden Away
    A nice, modern restaurant, hidden away in a central location. Visited it at the weekend, the restaurant was almost empty, however the food was lovely. Good value for money. Service also ok. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anthony said: "Not enought quantity
    I'm glade i've use the tastecard with that restaurant. There is no Indian atmosphere for a Friday night... The food was good but nothing special... "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mokbul said: "Great place
    Great place to bring your friends, family or even your colleagues :)
    Nice and classy place.
    Food really nicely presented.
    Price isn't too bad either. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Merlin said:
    " Lovely restaurant, tasty food and good service "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • P said: "Great food!
    The service leaves a lot to be desired but the food is excellent. If you don't mind waiting a while this is great Indian food! "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tia said:
    " Beautiful looking place. Staff were very welcoming and service was great. Food was delicious would definitely recommend. "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sunit said: "One of the superb restaurant
    I had went to Mumbai Square for a lunch yesterday by calling them and booking our seats early. When we reached there the manager courteously welcomed us and told the options and about the lunch buffet. So we opted for the lunch buffet. The service provided was top of the class and they were so polite and humble. The food tasted superbly and it just tasted like the food which we used to have in India so spicy and yummy. The buffet provided was so large and large varieties of Indian food was displayed.

    Each item in the buffet was up-to the mark and was so delicious and price was dead cheap and affordable to any people.people. Dont know if they were running some promotions or whether it is their standard buffet.Anyway I loved the taste , service and ambiance in the restaurant and have made sure that we visit the restaurant again in the near time itself "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 11 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Catherine said: "Great food!
    Both the service and the food here could not be faulted in any way, shame we don't live nearer! "
    Posted 5 years, 3 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MORGAN said: "Impressive
    I have been there twice in the past two months during lunchtime and the place has sadly not been very busy at all. This was surprising because the quality of the food was very, very good, especially the naan's which you could tell were very fresh. Service was faultless, but you would expect that from somewhere where there are not many people dining. Well worth checking out.......... "
    Posted 5 years, 6 months ago...
    3 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Aron said: "Excellent Indian in the City
    I went to Mumbai Square with some international clients, I have been to many Indian Restaurants, but this has to be the best Indian in the city.
    Both the food and service were excellent. "
    Posted 6 years, 1 month, 26 days ago...
    6 out of 7 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals