Search
50% off food billBooking requiredAvailable December
View Menu
Gem image
Gem image
Gem image
Gem image
Gem image

50% off at Gem

Islington's answer to tantalising Turkish, Kurdish and Greek cuisine, Gem truly shines brightly in the local area.

Now accepting the tastecard, members calling in advance can indulge in all manners of scrumptious fare at a fantastic price.

Recently renovated with a fresh look and rejuvenated with an invigorating new menu, Gem has once again opened its doors to locals and tourists alike.

A mouth-watering medley of meze options serve as the ideal way to tantalise the taste buds for a fantastic meal, featuring such delights as the divine king prawns, sautéed in a white wine, garlic & spicy tomato sauce, and the delectable succuk & Halloumi combo, paired with tomatoes and cucumber.

Equally as exquisite are the main courses, which offer an eclectic and extensive taste of the cuisine. Just a few noteworthy examples include the hearty stuffed peppered, filled with feta cheese, rice and spinach, and the sumptuous beef stiffado, slow stewed beef cooked with shallots and red wine.

Also serving some traditional desserts, diners at Gem have the opportunity to savour a superb three course Turkish meal in a delightful environment.

View all reviews
Gem
Average member score
4.8 25
Diner rating
Excellent
23
Very good
1
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
José said
" Great experience"
Read more
Kyriacos said "Excellent Greek Food
Ordered the Greek feast and Moussaka. Both amazing and just as good as back home!"
Read more
Liam said
" This is a lovely family run restaurant in Islington. I happened upon it by accident about seven..."
Read more
Hayley said "Absolutely Fabulous!
Great food, quick service but not rushed. Nice atmosphere and pleasant staff. Easy to use the card."
Read more
Kay said "Delicious!!!
Delicious food, great atmosphere and wonderful service. Taste card worked a treat too!"
Read more
Viktorija said "Fantastic Food!
This has become my favourite restaurant excellent food, service & atmosphere is wonderful. I..."
Read more
" It was okay. They were kind enough to
Squeeze us in on a Friday without a booking. They..."
Read more
Luis/Natalia said
" Very good service! Good experience for the first time there!! Thank you."
Read more
Rev said
" Health warning!
Worms in food, Sands in salad, ` it sometimes happens, so forget about..."
Read more
" great service, great food - would definitely return"
Read more
" Fantastic food, service and atmosphere. Highly recommend"
Read more
Natalia said
" Amazing food, and very fast service. Very happy. Thank you."
Read more
Nabila said "Very Tasty Food
Food was delicious, service was really good and staff were very friendly. Would definitely go back."
Read more
Mittal said
" Excellent food and incredibly fantastic service!"
Read more
David said "Exceptional
Unpretentiousness, excellent food & 50% off ALL the time . Highly recommended & such a..."
Read more
Martin said "Great food
Another wonderful meal. Always a pleasure in Gem"
Read more
Andrew said "Nice restaurant and great food
I was really impressed with the restaurant, the food and service was great.The portion sizes were..."
Read more
Richard said "Recommended
Great food and great service! Recommended."
Read more
" Good way to spend a Tuesday night."
Read more
Chowdhury said "Good foof
Good food"
Read more
GSAF said "Perfect Lunch
Excellent food; lovely atmosphere. Absolutely no issues with using the card. The service was..."
Read more
Harry said
" Fantastic veggie options. Lovely service. Would highly recommend!"
Read more
Bruno said "Amazing Food and Good Ambient
Perfect place for a nice dinner.
Food was delicious and the Taste Card discount makes it..."
Read more
Abs said "Amazing place to eat!
Great food, great atmosphere, staff and absolutely no fuss with using the tastecard... Couldnt..."
Read more
Sylwia said "Great food, great atmosphere
We visited Gem on early Saturday evening. The atmosphere was great, restaurant was half full so..."
Read more
  • José said:
    " Great experience "
    Posted 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kyriacos said: "Excellent Greek Food
    Ordered the Greek feast and Moussaka. Both amazing and just as good as back home! "
    Posted 1 month, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Liam said:
    " This is a lovely family run restaurant in Islington. I happened upon it by accident about seven years ago. I've been going back there ever since.
    The food is top class and the service is friendly.
    I cannot recommend this place highly enough. "
    Posted 1 month, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hayley said: "Absolutely Fabulous!
    Great food, quick service but not rushed. Nice atmosphere and pleasant staff. Easy to use the card. "
    Posted 2 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kay said: "Delicious!!!
    Delicious food, great atmosphere and wonderful service. Taste card worked a treat too! "
    Posted 3 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Viktorija said: "Fantastic Food!
    This has become my favourite restaurant excellent food, service & atmosphere is wonderful. I can honestly say it is worth every £!! "
    Posted 3 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " It was okay. They were kind enough to
    Squeeze us in on a Friday without a booking. They could do with cranking up the air con though. "
    Posted 3 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Luis/Natalia said:
    " Very good service! Good experience for the first time there!! Thank you. "
    Posted 3 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rev said:
    " Health warning!
    Worms in food, Sands in salad, ` it sometimes happens, so forget about it` was the response from this restaurant `Gem`.
    Please be careful if you pay a visit. "
    Posted 3 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " great service, great food - would definitely return "
    Posted 3 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Fantastic food, service and atmosphere. Highly recommend "
    Posted 3 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Natalia said:
    " Amazing food, and very fast service. Very happy. Thank you. "
    Posted 3 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nabila said: "Very Tasty Food
    Food was delicious, service was really good and staff were very friendly. Would definitely go back. "
    Posted 3 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mittal said:
    " Excellent food and incredibly fantastic service! "
    Posted 4 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Exceptional
    Unpretentiousness, excellent food & 50% off ALL the time . Highly recommended & such a break from horrid chains . 10 out of 10 ! "
    Posted 4 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martin said: "Great food
    Another wonderful meal. Always a pleasure in Gem "
    Posted 6 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said: "Nice restaurant and great food
    I was really impressed with the restaurant, the food and service was great.The portion sizes were really generous.I'll definitely be back. "
    Posted 6 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said: "Recommended
    Great food and great service! Recommended. "
    Posted 7 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Good way to spend a Tuesday night. "
    Posted 8 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chowdhury said: "Good foof
    Good food "
    Posted 8 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • GSAF said: "Perfect Lunch
    Excellent food; lovely atmosphere. Absolutely no issues with using the card. The service was excellent and food arrived in quick time. Will definitely be back. "
    Posted 9 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Harry said:
    " Fantastic veggie options. Lovely service. Would highly recommend! "
    Posted 9 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bruno said: "Amazing Food and Good Ambient
    Perfect place for a nice dinner.
    Food was delicious and the Taste Card discount makes it really convenient.
    We will be back soon! "
    Posted 9 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Abs said: "Amazing place to eat!
    Great food, great atmosphere, staff and absolutely no fuss with using the tastecard... Couldnt ask for more. Will definitely be coming back! "
    Posted 11 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sylwia said: "Great food, great atmosphere
    We visited Gem on early Saturday evening. The atmosphere was great, restaurant was half full so booking in advance is recommended if you want to visit a bit later on Saturday. The starters and mains were very nice, the waitresses and manager could not have been better, very attentive and not rushing us. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • José said:
    " Great experience "
    Posted 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kyriacos said: "Excellent Greek Food
    Ordered the Greek feast and Moussaka. Both amazing and just as good as back home! "
    Posted 1 month, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Liam said:
    " This is a lovely family run restaurant in Islington. I happened upon it by accident about seven years ago. I've been going back there ever since.
    The food is top class and the service is friendly.
    I cannot recommend this place highly enough. "
    Posted 1 month, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hayley said: "Absolutely Fabulous!
    Great food, quick service but not rushed. Nice atmosphere and pleasant staff. Easy to use the card. "
    Posted 2 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kay said: "Delicious!!!
    Delicious food, great atmosphere and wonderful service. Taste card worked a treat too! "
    Posted 3 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Viktorija said: "Fantastic Food!
    This has become my favourite restaurant excellent food, service & atmosphere is wonderful. I can honestly say it is worth every £!! "
    Posted 3 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " It was okay. They were kind enough to
    Squeeze us in on a Friday without a booking. They could do with cranking up the air con though. "
    Posted 3 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Luis/Natalia said:
    " Very good service! Good experience for the first time there!! Thank you. "
    Posted 3 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rev said:
    " Health warning!
    Worms in food, Sands in salad, ` it sometimes happens, so forget about it` was the response from this restaurant `Gem`.
    Please be careful if you pay a visit. "
    Posted 3 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " great service, great food - would definitely return "
    Posted 3 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Fantastic food, service and atmosphere. Highly recommend "
    Posted 3 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Natalia said:
    " Amazing food, and very fast service. Very happy. Thank you. "
    Posted 3 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nabila said: "Very Tasty Food
    Food was delicious, service was really good and staff were very friendly. Would definitely go back. "
    Posted 3 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mittal said:
    " Excellent food and incredibly fantastic service! "
    Posted 4 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Exceptional
    Unpretentiousness, excellent food & 50% off ALL the time . Highly recommended & such a break from horrid chains . 10 out of 10 ! "
    Posted 4 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martin said: "Great food
    Another wonderful meal. Always a pleasure in Gem "
    Posted 6 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said: "Nice restaurant and great food
    I was really impressed with the restaurant, the food and service was great.The portion sizes were really generous.I'll definitely be back. "
    Posted 6 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Richard said: "Recommended
    Great food and great service! Recommended. "
    Posted 7 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Good way to spend a Tuesday night. "
    Posted 8 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chowdhury said: "Good foof
    Good food "
    Posted 8 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • GSAF said: "Perfect Lunch
    Excellent food; lovely atmosphere. Absolutely no issues with using the card. The service was excellent and food arrived in quick time. Will definitely be back. "
    Posted 9 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Harry said:
    " Fantastic veggie options. Lovely service. Would highly recommend! "
    Posted 9 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bruno said: "Amazing Food and Good Ambient
    Perfect place for a nice dinner.
    Food was delicious and the Taste Card discount makes it really convenient.
    We will be back soon! "
    Posted 9 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Abs said: "Amazing place to eat!
    Great food, great atmosphere, staff and absolutely no fuss with using the tastecard... Couldnt ask for more. Will definitely be coming back! "
    Posted 11 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sylwia said: "Great food, great atmosphere
    We visited Gem on early Saturday evening. The atmosphere was great, restaurant was half full so booking in advance is recommended if you want to visit a bit later on Saturday. The starters and mains were very nice, the waitresses and manager could not have been better, very attentive and not rushing us. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals