Search
50% off food billMaximum of 6 peopleOnline bookingBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
View Menu
Sheba Brick Lane image
Sheba Brick Lane image
Sheba Brick Lane image
Sheba Brick Lane image
Sheba Brick Lane image

50% off at Sheba Brick Lane

Out of 9,000 Indian Restaurants in the UK Sheba Brick Lane were awarded the Best Curry House in the by Cobra Good Food Guide 2013 and described by Visit London as “The Queen of Brick Lane Curries”, Sheba has been ruling curry capital Brick Lane since 1972. It is now one of the oldest restaurants in the area a tribute perhaps to their belief in good customer service, a comfortable environment, and above all excellent premium quality fresh produce which is replenished daily.

Sheba is a family run restaurant and provides fresh, wholesome, real food from regions of India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. With its vast array of dishes Sheba is curry heaven for meat, seafood and vegetarians alike. Some of the Signature dishes include the delicious slow cooked lamb shank curry in a lovely bhuna sauce, the spicy grilled Lamb Chops, the authentic Bengal Roast Chicken Biryani and the amazing Chittagong Fish Supreme.

Its friendly outlook, homely service, great atmosphere are reasons customers return time and again to enjoy the amazing curries served by the chef. Book Sheba now and treat your friends and family to the wonders of Sheba, rest assured you will enjoy fresh, premium quality, wholesome food at what can only be described as paradise for Indian food lovers.

The merits awarded to Sheba are testament to its quality:

- Restaurant Guides Best Indian Restaurant in Brick Lane 2012

- Fluid London – Listed Number One curry house in East London 2012

- Visit London – “Queen of Brick Lane Curries “ 2011

- Listed in Cobra Good Food Guide 2010

- Toptable Diners Recommended Award 2008

- Curry Chef of the Year 2006/2007/2008 – Brick Lane Curry Festival

Important Information

Please note: Diners cannot just order a starter, the tastecard discount is only eligible when ordering two courses. This is not a 'bring your own drinks' restaurant. The manager requests that all diners adhere to 'the spirit of tastecard' when dining at this restaurant. The tastecard discount is available from December between 12pm and 5pm.

View all reviews
Sheba Brick Lane
Average member score
3.6 16
Diner rating
Excellent
6
Very good
4
Good
2
Average
1
Poor
3
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Erica said
" Good place to go for food poisoning. Service was lousy from the get go, so much so that the..."
Read more
" Great food, great service !"
Read more
Kirkwoodian said
" I was persuaded to come into the restaurant by a man with a raspy voice and that I would get best..."
Read more
Adams said
" Great food and service from Sheba. With 50% OFF you cant go wrong."
Read more
" Excellent food"
Read more
Kay said
" Rude servicemen."
Read more
Sabina said
" Food was not up to scratch"
Read more
Tina said "Great meal
Had a friend in town from Australia that wanted a curry. Brick lane has so many but seeing the..."
Read more
alley said "Great curries!
Beautiful gorgeous flavours from the selection of curries we ordered. The garlic chicken and..."
Read more
Harron said "Dishonest
Booked and seated and ordered and ate only to see at the end that there is a compulsory 15%..."
Read more
Amish said
" Fantastic food. Will definitely go again! Karai chicken was the best dish - a must buy!!!"
Read more
Oliver said "Average curry easy taste card
Average curry easy taste card, bargain for drinks."
Read more
Danny said "Misleading
The owner made so many excuses not to honour our tastecard discount even though we booked in..."
Read more
MIZ said "Dirty Cutlery
First impression was not good as the cutlery which we received was dirty with dried up curry on..."
Read more
Bill said "11 out 10
Best curry I’ve ever eaten."
Read more
Ivana said "Some of the best curries I've tasted
We tried three main dishes and they were all distinctly different and really tasty. We both..."
Read more
  • Erica said:
    " Good place to go for food poisoning. Service was lousy from the get go, so much so that the manager noticed and took over for our very lousy waiter. The manager was lovely.
    My partner and I spent the entire next day home sick from work. Yes, the food was tasty at the time, but we left feeling uneasy and slightly sick. Sure enough, the next day was horrendous. Do not visit. "
    Posted 4 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great food, great service ! "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kirkwoodian said:
    " I was persuaded to come into the restaurant by a man with a raspy voice and that I would get best value for my money. I mentioned the taste card and they accomandated me. The service was pushy but they did a standard job. Atmosphere was tacky! The food though was top notch and I could only recommend this place! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adams said:
    " Great food and service from Sheba. With 50% OFF you cant go wrong. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Excellent food "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kay said:
    " Rude servicemen. "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sabina said:
    " Food was not up to scratch "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tina said: "Great meal
    Had a friend in town from Australia that wanted a curry. Brick lane has so many but seeing the reviews and the titles this place had won plus being on the taste card was awesome. Starters and mains including rice and naan for £20 each for 4 is even better!! Good quality food very flavorful and helpful staff. Happily go back "
    Posted 3 years, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • alley said: "Great curries!
    Beautiful gorgeous flavours from the selection of curries we ordered. The garlic chicken and methi lamb were devine. Worth a try! "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Harron said: "Dishonest
    Booked and seated and ordered and ate only to see at the end that there is a compulsory 15% service charge and inflated drink prices added to the tally to make the final bill as high as possible. Also as we were Taste card users our food portion sizes were significantly smaller than others. Only 4 tiny pieces of chicken in my Korma Dish. "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 22 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Amish said:
    " Fantastic food. Will definitely go again! Karai chicken was the best dish - a must buy!!! "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Oliver said: "Average curry easy taste card
    Average curry easy taste card, bargain for drinks. "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Danny said: "Misleading
    The owner made so many excuses not to honour our tastecard discount even though we booked in advanced and said we had tastecard.

    Eventually we got the discount. We found prices to be extortionate even after taste discount we paid more than what we usually pay. "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 16 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MIZ said: "Dirty Cutlery
    First impression was not good as the cutlery which we received was dirty with dried up curry on it.

    Then we were brought freezing cold plates. Again the plate had curry on it which was fresh, the waiter saw that I noticed and wiped it off in front of me.

    We found the waiter to be quite cocky. The food was certainly not the best I have had but it wasnt the worst either. "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bill said: "11 out 10
    Best curry I’ve ever eaten. "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ivana said: "Some of the best curries I've tasted
    We tried three main dishes and they were all distinctly different and really tasty. We both thought they were some of the best curries we ever tasted. My favourite was a chicken curry with caramelised onion; I remember the name started with X. The service was also really lovely and we're definitely coming back. "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Erica said:
    " Good place to go for food poisoning. Service was lousy from the get go, so much so that the manager noticed and took over for our very lousy waiter. The manager was lovely.
    My partner and I spent the entire next day home sick from work. Yes, the food was tasty at the time, but we left feeling uneasy and slightly sick. Sure enough, the next day was horrendous. Do not visit. "
    Posted 4 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great food, great service ! "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kirkwoodian said:
    " I was persuaded to come into the restaurant by a man with a raspy voice and that I would get best value for my money. I mentioned the taste card and they accomandated me. The service was pushy but they did a standard job. Atmosphere was tacky! The food though was top notch and I could only recommend this place! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adams said:
    " Great food and service from Sheba. With 50% OFF you cant go wrong. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Excellent food "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kay said:
    " Rude servicemen. "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sabina said:
    " Food was not up to scratch "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tina said: "Great meal
    Had a friend in town from Australia that wanted a curry. Brick lane has so many but seeing the reviews and the titles this place had won plus being on the taste card was awesome. Starters and mains including rice and naan for £20 each for 4 is even better!! Good quality food very flavorful and helpful staff. Happily go back "
    Posted 3 years, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • alley said: "Great curries!
    Beautiful gorgeous flavours from the selection of curries we ordered. The garlic chicken and methi lamb were devine. Worth a try! "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Harron said: "Dishonest
    Booked and seated and ordered and ate only to see at the end that there is a compulsory 15% service charge and inflated drink prices added to the tally to make the final bill as high as possible. Also as we were Taste card users our food portion sizes were significantly smaller than others. Only 4 tiny pieces of chicken in my Korma Dish. "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 22 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Amish said:
    " Fantastic food. Will definitely go again! Karai chicken was the best dish - a must buy!!! "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Oliver said: "Average curry easy taste card
    Average curry easy taste card, bargain for drinks. "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Danny said: "Misleading
    The owner made so many excuses not to honour our tastecard discount even though we booked in advanced and said we had tastecard.

    Eventually we got the discount. We found prices to be extortionate even after taste discount we paid more than what we usually pay. "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 16 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MIZ said: "Dirty Cutlery
    First impression was not good as the cutlery which we received was dirty with dried up curry on it.

    Then we were brought freezing cold plates. Again the plate had curry on it which was fresh, the waiter saw that I noticed and wiped it off in front of me.

    We found the waiter to be quite cocky. The food was certainly not the best I have had but it wasnt the worst either. "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bill said: "11 out 10
    Best curry I’ve ever eaten. "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ivana said: "Some of the best curries I've tasted
    We tried three main dishes and they were all distinctly different and really tasty. We both thought they were some of the best curries we ever tasted. My favourite was a chicken curry with caramelised onion; I remember the name started with X. The service was also really lovely and we're definitely coming back. "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals