Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 6 peopleSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The Riverside Tavern image
The Riverside Tavern image
The Riverside Tavern image

2 for 1 at The Riverside Tavern

With its spectacular views of the River Medway, The Riverside Tavern has become one of best hangout spots in town for the local gay community, open to all. The multipurpose venue is always buzzing, regularly hosting game nights, karaoke and DJ sets in the evenings. But savvy locals also know that they’re one of the best places to eat in Strood for diners that enjoy casual ambiance and hearty pub grub.

Dining out in Stood doesn’t get much better than The Riverside Tavern. The welcoming eatery is perfect for an after work treat and is just a short stroll from the station. And in the opposite direction, attractions like Rochester Castle, Guildhall Museum and historic Chatham’s dockyard mean it would make a good place to unwind after a day exploring the area.

Diners looking for relaxed Strood restaurants will appreciate The Riverside Tavern’s casual vibes. Much like a friendly local, it offers a casual space where people are invited to kick back, enjoy a good conversation with friends and tuck in. Their large beer garden is equally inviting and ideal for anyone that wants to enjoy views of the river.

The menu at The Riverside Tavern truly has something for everyone, making it one of the top international restaurants for eating with friends and family. In fact, their menu covers everything from burgers and wings to salads and British classics. Loaded potato skins, nachos and tempura prawns are perfect for grazing. While bigger appetites will certainly be satisfied with towering burgers, BBQ sauce-smothered ribs and their 28-day-aged steaks.

With their friendly atmosphere, crowd-pleasing favourites and great location, a meal at The Riverside Tavern is sure to tick all the right boxes. Any occasion will be even more of a treat for tastecard members who can look forward to exclusive restaurant savings when they call to book ahead and present their cards upon arrival. It’s a good chance to treat themselves to another round of drinks, pudding or a few starters to share.

Important Information

Please note: You must book in advance and mention the tastecard to be entitled to the discount.

View all reviews
The Riverside Tavern
Average member score
4.5 19
Diner rating
Excellent
13
Very good
4
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Lesley said "Dropped Burger
My husband's got dropped. Had to wait had to return my burger as it was burnt. It's not..."
Read more
CharLisa said "Love It
The Riverside Tavern is one of my favourite places to eat and drink, so happy I can use a taste..."
Read more
"Sunday Dining
We have always had good meal and service, however when we went to use it today Sunday we were..."
Read more
Elaine said "Meal
Food very good. Would recommend."
Read more
Bee said "Pub With A View
Have eaten here a couple of times, lunchtime with a friend and in the evening with hubby .. and..."
Read more
Martin said "Repeat Visit Just As Good!
Been here a couple of times for roast dinners using this card, both times it was really good -..."
Read more
wendy said "Very bog standard pub grub
Pub is nice, few people in, but food is very average. Although well priced."
Read more
Cat said "Ace Food
Easy to use card, good food."
Read more
Lesley said "Where's The Whitebait Luke?
Been here 56 times since September 2014 can't fault it at all, Luke and all the staff always..."
Read more
Sarah said
" Really nice service, food and garden on a sunny day by the river. Burger was lush!"
Read more
Pinky said "Lovely Food And Staff
I came here for lunch with my mum and daughter as it was a lovely sunny day.
and staff..."
Read more
Em said
" Great food great price"
Read more
Lesley said "Fantastic Food
We love the food, nothing is too much trouble, they are all so welcoming,

friendly..."
Read more
Lesley said "Perfect Food And Service!
Been here's few times, can not fault it perfect food and service, music can be slightly..."
Read more
TT said
" Extremely pleasant experience all round! Would definately recommend!"
Read more
Bettyboop said "Food Perfect
Husband had garlic mushrooms and I had chilli pop starters, he had lamb roast and I had Cajun..."
Read more
Michelle said "Best place in Medway
It has got to be said that The Riverside Tavern has radically transformed over the past few..."
Read more
Michelle said "Best place in Medway
It has got to be said that The Riverside Tavern has radically transformed over the past few..."
Read more
Harry said "A pleasant surprise
We hadn't realised that the Riverside Tavern had changed so much and it was a pleasant..."
Read more
  • Lesley said: "Dropped Burger
    My husband's got dropped. Had to wait had to return my burger as it was burnt. It's not normally like this, usually it's perfect. "
    Posted 3 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CharLisa said: "Love It
    The Riverside Tavern is one of my favourite places to eat and drink, so happy I can use a taste card here, food is amazing! "
    Posted 8 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Sunday Dining
    We have always had good meal and service, however when we went to use it today Sunday we were told that they no longer take on a Sunday. App is out of date "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Elaine said: "Meal
    Food very good. Would recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bee said: "Pub With A View
    Have eaten here a couple of times, lunchtime with a friend and in the evening with hubby .. and will go back :)
    If it's a lovely day you can eat outside as it overlooks the river. Inside the pub it has one area for drinking and a side area for eating. Food is served by friendly, helpful staff and even changed the ingredients of one of the meals to suit the diet I was on....very impressed with that! When we eat out we like to have tasty food, which is served hot, in pleasant surroundings and with friendly helpful staff..The Riverside Tavern ticks all those boxes for me. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 27 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martin said: "Repeat Visit Just As Good!
    Been here a couple of times for roast dinners using this card, both times it was really good - just like eating a home made roast - I had lamb both times - not fatty and well cooked- all hot as well . Plenty of veg, potatoes , gravy & mint sauce! Wife had the veg option which is a veg tart - again piping hot ..
    Friendly & welcoming staff too. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • wendy said: "Very bog standard pub grub
    Pub is nice, few people in, but food is very average. Although well priced. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cat said: "Ace Food
    Easy to use card, good food. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 23 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lesley said: "Where's The Whitebait Luke?
    Been here 56 times since September 2014 can't fault it at all, Luke and all the staff always go out there way and double check how we want our food, even to the point and discarding some items so we can have salad with plenty of onion instead "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said:
    " Really nice service, food and garden on a sunny day by the river. Burger was lush! "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pinky said: "Lovely Food And Staff
    I came here for lunch with my mum and daughter as it was a lovely sunny day.
    and staff brilliant, plenty for your money, garlic bread with cheese amazing, panini's really nice and sticky toffee pudding yummy. I used my taste card with no problems or restrictions like many other other places "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Em said:
    " Great food great price "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lesley said: "Fantastic Food
    We love the food, nothing is too much trouble, they are all so welcoming,

    friendly and helpfull, well done the Riverside Tavern "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lesley said: "Perfect Food And Service!
    Been here's few times, can not fault it perfect food and service, music can be slightly heavy at times but would recommend to anyone "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 14 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • TT said:
    " Extremely pleasant experience all round! Would definately recommend! "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bettyboop said: "Food Perfect
    Husband had garlic mushrooms and I had chilli pop starters, he had lamb roast and I had Cajun chicken and bacon salad, more than enough veggies cooked perfect even got parsnips and salad was perfect, plenty of bacon and chicken, will definitely go again, next time will take our daughter did not have to wait at all excellent!!!!!!! "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Michelle said: "Best place in Medway
    It has got to be said that The Riverside Tavern has radically transformed over the past few years, in to what can only be described as one of the nicest and friendliest places to enjoy great food and great value.

    We were unsure of what to expect as new customers at this place, but we were greeted by very friendly & helpful staff and a great looking bar. The menu was easy to navigate through with plenty to choose from.

    We didn't realise they accepted tastecard, but they had no problem with us using it even though we didn't book in advance.

    We would STRONGLY recommend this pub. "
    Posted 5 years, 18 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Michelle said: "Best place in Medway
    It has got to be said that The Riverside Tavern has radically transformed over the past few years, in to what can only be described as one of the nicest and friendliest places to enjoy great food and great value.

    We were unsure of what to expect as new customers at this place, but we were greeted by very friendly & helpful staff and a great looking bar. The menu was easy to navigate through with plenty to choose from.

    We didn't realise they accepted tastecard, but they had no problem with us using it even though we didn't book in advance.

    We would STRONGLY recommend this pub. "
    Posted 5 years, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Harry said: "A pleasant surprise
    We hadn't realised that the Riverside Tavern had changed so much and it was a pleasant surprise to find it was so nice.
    We sat outside (see later comments about the music) and looked over the river while we ate, which was very nice.
    The food was good quality and the portions were generous.
    We both had chips with our main courses, which were freshly cooked and very good.
    The only thing we weren't too pleased with was the music - both the style of music and the volume which, had we chosen to sit inside would have been intolerable.
    There were speakers outside which relayed the insistent hip-hop while we ate, a bit like the "hurry up and get out" music that McDonald's play when the place gets too crowded.
    Given that we're both in our 60's, the music was never going to be to our taste and this is the only thing that might put us off going back. "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month ago...
    5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Lesley said: "Dropped Burger
    My husband's got dropped. Had to wait had to return my burger as it was burnt. It's not normally like this, usually it's perfect. "
    Posted 3 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CharLisa said: "Love It
    The Riverside Tavern is one of my favourite places to eat and drink, so happy I can use a taste card here, food is amazing! "
    Posted 8 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Sunday Dining
    We have always had good meal and service, however when we went to use it today Sunday we were told that they no longer take on a Sunday. App is out of date "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 5 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Elaine said: "Meal
    Food very good. Would recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bee said: "Pub With A View
    Have eaten here a couple of times, lunchtime with a friend and in the evening with hubby .. and will go back :)
    If it's a lovely day you can eat outside as it overlooks the river. Inside the pub it has one area for drinking and a side area for eating. Food is served by friendly, helpful staff and even changed the ingredients of one of the meals to suit the diet I was on....very impressed with that! When we eat out we like to have tasty food, which is served hot, in pleasant surroundings and with friendly helpful staff..The Riverside Tavern ticks all those boxes for me. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 27 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martin said: "Repeat Visit Just As Good!
    Been here a couple of times for roast dinners using this card, both times it was really good - just like eating a home made roast - I had lamb both times - not fatty and well cooked- all hot as well . Plenty of veg, potatoes , gravy & mint sauce! Wife had the veg option which is a veg tart - again piping hot ..
    Friendly & welcoming staff too. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • wendy said: "Very bog standard pub grub
    Pub is nice, few people in, but food is very average. Although well priced. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cat said: "Ace Food
    Easy to use card, good food. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 23 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lesley said: "Where's The Whitebait Luke?
    Been here 56 times since September 2014 can't fault it at all, Luke and all the staff always go out there way and double check how we want our food, even to the point and discarding some items so we can have salad with plenty of onion instead "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah said:
    " Really nice service, food and garden on a sunny day by the river. Burger was lush! "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pinky said: "Lovely Food And Staff
    I came here for lunch with my mum and daughter as it was a lovely sunny day.
    and staff brilliant, plenty for your money, garlic bread with cheese amazing, panini's really nice and sticky toffee pudding yummy. I used my taste card with no problems or restrictions like many other other places "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Em said:
    " Great food great price "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lesley said: "Fantastic Food
    We love the food, nothing is too much trouble, they are all so welcoming,

    friendly and helpfull, well done the Riverside Tavern "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lesley said: "Perfect Food And Service!
    Been here's few times, can not fault it perfect food and service, music can be slightly heavy at times but would recommend to anyone "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 14 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • TT said:
    " Extremely pleasant experience all round! Would definately recommend! "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bettyboop said: "Food Perfect
    Husband had garlic mushrooms and I had chilli pop starters, he had lamb roast and I had Cajun chicken and bacon salad, more than enough veggies cooked perfect even got parsnips and salad was perfect, plenty of bacon and chicken, will definitely go again, next time will take our daughter did not have to wait at all excellent!!!!!!! "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Michelle said: "Best place in Medway
    It has got to be said that The Riverside Tavern has radically transformed over the past few years, in to what can only be described as one of the nicest and friendliest places to enjoy great food and great value.

    We were unsure of what to expect as new customers at this place, but we were greeted by very friendly & helpful staff and a great looking bar. The menu was easy to navigate through with plenty to choose from.

    We didn't realise they accepted tastecard, but they had no problem with us using it even though we didn't book in advance.

    We would STRONGLY recommend this pub. "
    Posted 5 years, 18 days ago...
    2 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Michelle said: "Best place in Medway
    It has got to be said that The Riverside Tavern has radically transformed over the past few years, in to what can only be described as one of the nicest and friendliest places to enjoy great food and great value.

    We were unsure of what to expect as new customers at this place, but we were greeted by very friendly & helpful staff and a great looking bar. The menu was easy to navigate through with plenty to choose from.

    We didn't realise they accepted tastecard, but they had no problem with us using it even though we didn't book in advance.

    We would STRONGLY recommend this pub. "
    Posted 5 years, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Harry said: "A pleasant surprise
    We hadn't realised that the Riverside Tavern had changed so much and it was a pleasant surprise to find it was so nice.
    We sat outside (see later comments about the music) and looked over the river while we ate, which was very nice.
    The food was good quality and the portions were generous.
    We both had chips with our main courses, which were freshly cooked and very good.
    The only thing we weren't too pleased with was the music - both the style of music and the volume which, had we chosen to sit inside would have been intolerable.
    There were speakers outside which relayed the insistent hip-hop while we ate, a bit like the "hurry up and get out" music that McDonald's play when the place gets too crowded.
    Given that we're both in our 60's, the music was never going to be to our taste and this is the only thing that might put us off going back. "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month ago...
    5 out of 5 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals