Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The Oak Room at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa image
The Oak Room at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa image
The Oak Room at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa image
The Oak Room at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa image

2 for 1 at The Oak Room at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa

Guests are in for a treat when dining at the award winning two AA Rosette Oak Room restaurant, situated in the Moor Hall Hotel.

Enjoy the finest of fine dining experiences at this beautiful restaurant with oak panels adding to the original character and charm of the room.

Once the original dining room of Sir Edward Ansell in the early 1900s, The Oak Room restaurant now offers a perfect combination of delicious, imaginative food and attentive service in elegant surroundings.

By day the restaurant offers sweeping views across Moor Hall golf course, by night there is a cosy and intimate atmosphere, making it perfect for a relaxed evening out or a special celebration.

Start your evening in style with pre-dinner drinks on the stunning terrace or in the cosy oak panelled lounge bar then take your table in the Oak Room where the menu features the very best of modern British cooking to tantalise your taste buds – choose from starters such as smoked salmon terrine with caper and lemon butter, main courses such as medallions of beef with warm salad, blue cheese and sauté potatoes and mouth-watering desserts like warm cherry sponge with amaretto ice cream… Please note that these are sample dishes, visit www.moorhallhotel.co.uk to see the current menu.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on Bank Holidays or Celebration Days including Valentine’s Day, Mothering Sunday, Father’s Day etc. or during the month of December. The offer is not available on Sundays as the a la carte menu is not served.

View all reviews
The Oak Room at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa
Average member score
4.4 7
Diner rating
Excellent
5
Very good
1
Good
0
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Paul said "2 for 1 – but half the size!
Having visited the Oak Room restaurant on two previous occasions: one as hotel guests and the..."
Read more
Lisa said "Great Food
We received incredible service from staff had a lovely meal would definitely visit there again."
Read more
Raymond said
" Good Food and good device"
Read more
Darren said
" :-)Grejbjjnat:-)"
Read more
Lucia said
" Superb food and service"
Read more
David said "Great Food and a Warm Welcome
A very interesting, varied menu, great food (starters, main course and shared cheese board),..."
Read more
Laura said "Brilliant
Fantastic food and amasing service. This is by far the best restaurant within the Sutton..."
Read more
  • Paul said: "2 for 1 – but half the size!
    Having visited the Oak Room restaurant on two previous occasions: one as hotel guests and the second just for food, we’ve always received great service and quality food. The beef fillet is a favourite dish of ours as it’s around 8 ounces of melt-in-the-mouth beef fillet, cooked perfectly and accompanied with a generous portion of dauphinoise potatoes and small portion of vegetables – best topped up with a couple of side dishes to share.

    On our second visit, we informed them when we went to pay the bill that we had a Tastecard, which the hotel is signed up to, offering 2 for 1 across all courses. We used the Tastecard without issue and were delighted with the value it represented.

    So two weeks later we returned. On entering the restaurant, the friendly waiter asked us if we had a voucher (they were running a Groupon offer). We explained we didn’t but we did intend to use the Tastecard, as we did before. The waiter said that was fine and took our order. When it arrived we were both taken aback by the size of the portion – it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to state the beef had been halved and the potato portion significantly reduced. We figured this was the reason we had been asked about any discount methods, so they could dish out our portions accordingly! Around 5 minutes later, the couple on the table near us had their beef dishes served – twice the size of ours! We even took photos of our meals on our second visit as we were so impressed, but this time we disappointed and quite angry at this blatant miss-selling.

    A restaurant should not sign up to a scheme if it is not willing to serve a genuine 2 for 1 offer. Even at the discounted price we felt robbed and as though we were treated as second class citizens compared to the couple paying without discount. The waiter was extremely friendly and although we wanted to confront him about this, the restaurant had a large party just come in and a few other guests and we didn’t wish to cause a scene.

    It was a good job we’d ordered side dishes of vegetables to bulk up the meal – but with the cost of the side dishes, which aren’t 2 for 1, and the meal even at half price, we felt well and truly done!

    We would ordinarily have enjoyed a couple of drinks over the meal but were loath to order any more and put any further profits in the pockets of Moor Hall/Oak Restaurant. It simply doesn’t make business sense for a restaurant to act in this way, as we have told all our friends and family about this excellent restaurant, so the word-of-mouth referral potential when you make customers happy is surely worth the extra inch of potato and couple of slices of beef? They’ve lost out on our repeat custom and we will be telling everyone we know about this incident. If a restaurant can’t provide 2 for 1 and still make a profit on the food, plus full price sides and drinks (on weekdays when footfall is incredibly low) it shouldn’t offer it.

    Oak restaurant, we won’t be back! "
    Posted 3 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lisa said: "Great Food
    We received incredible service from staff had a lovely meal would definitely visit there again. "
    Posted 6 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Raymond said:
    " Good Food and good device "
    Posted 7 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Darren said:
    " :-)Grejbjjnat:-) "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lucia said:
    " Superb food and service "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Great Food and a Warm Welcome
    A very interesting, varied menu, great food (starters, main course and shared cheese board), really friendly attentive staff, a very pleasant bottle of chianti and overall, a lovely dining experience.

    We will definitely return. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 13 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Laura said: "Brilliant
    Fantastic food and amasing service. This is by far the best restaurant within the Sutton Coldfield area.

    The food is fresh, seasonal, cooked to perfection without being messed around with.

    The service is attentive, friendly and spot on.

    Ambience is brilliant.

    I will be back many, many times. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 8 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Paul said: "2 for 1 – but half the size!
    Having visited the Oak Room restaurant on two previous occasions: one as hotel guests and the second just for food, we’ve always received great service and quality food. The beef fillet is a favourite dish of ours as it’s around 8 ounces of melt-in-the-mouth beef fillet, cooked perfectly and accompanied with a generous portion of dauphinoise potatoes and small portion of vegetables – best topped up with a couple of side dishes to share.

    On our second visit, we informed them when we went to pay the bill that we had a Tastecard, which the hotel is signed up to, offering 2 for 1 across all courses. We used the Tastecard without issue and were delighted with the value it represented.

    So two weeks later we returned. On entering the restaurant, the friendly waiter asked us if we had a voucher (they were running a Groupon offer). We explained we didn’t but we did intend to use the Tastecard, as we did before. The waiter said that was fine and took our order. When it arrived we were both taken aback by the size of the portion – it wouldn’t be an exaggeration to state the beef had been halved and the potato portion significantly reduced. We figured this was the reason we had been asked about any discount methods, so they could dish out our portions accordingly! Around 5 minutes later, the couple on the table near us had their beef dishes served – twice the size of ours! We even took photos of our meals on our second visit as we were so impressed, but this time we disappointed and quite angry at this blatant miss-selling.

    A restaurant should not sign up to a scheme if it is not willing to serve a genuine 2 for 1 offer. Even at the discounted price we felt robbed and as though we were treated as second class citizens compared to the couple paying without discount. The waiter was extremely friendly and although we wanted to confront him about this, the restaurant had a large party just come in and a few other guests and we didn’t wish to cause a scene.

    It was a good job we’d ordered side dishes of vegetables to bulk up the meal – but with the cost of the side dishes, which aren’t 2 for 1, and the meal even at half price, we felt well and truly done!

    We would ordinarily have enjoyed a couple of drinks over the meal but were loath to order any more and put any further profits in the pockets of Moor Hall/Oak Restaurant. It simply doesn’t make business sense for a restaurant to act in this way, as we have told all our friends and family about this excellent restaurant, so the word-of-mouth referral potential when you make customers happy is surely worth the extra inch of potato and couple of slices of beef? They’ve lost out on our repeat custom and we will be telling everyone we know about this incident. If a restaurant can’t provide 2 for 1 and still make a profit on the food, plus full price sides and drinks (on weekdays when footfall is incredibly low) it shouldn’t offer it.

    Oak restaurant, we won’t be back! "
    Posted 3 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lisa said: "Great Food
    We received incredible service from staff had a lovely meal would definitely visit there again. "
    Posted 6 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Raymond said:
    " Good Food and good device "
    Posted 7 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Darren said:
    " :-)Grejbjjnat:-) "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lucia said:
    " Superb food and service "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Great Food and a Warm Welcome
    A very interesting, varied menu, great food (starters, main course and shared cheese board), really friendly attentive staff, a very pleasant bottle of chianti and overall, a lovely dining experience.

    We will definitely return. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 13 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Laura said: "Brilliant
    Fantastic food and amasing service. This is by far the best restaurant within the Sutton Coldfield area.

    The food is fresh, seasonal, cooked to perfection without being messed around with.

    The service is attentive, friendly and spot on.

    Ambience is brilliant.

    I will be back many, many times. "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 8 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurants Deals