Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The Phoenix image
The Phoenix image
The Phoenix image
The Phoenix image
The Phoenix image

2 for 1 at The Phoenix

Situated in a perfectly scenic spot besides the River Thames, The Phoenix acts as both a classic British pub and an American style smokehouse.

Now accepting the tastecard, members who call in advance can enjoy everything on the extensive menu at an incredible price.

Complete with its own in-house smoker, The Phoenix’s smokehouse style fare is utterly irresistible from the first bite to the last. Guests can tantalise their taste buds with such scrumptious starters as the eclectic soft shell tacos, filled with barbecue pulled pork, buffalo shrimp & spicy beef, and the heavenly baked Camembert, paired with crusty bread.

The main courses are equally delicious, featuring a wealth of wondrous American classics as well as some innovative additions. Particularly noteworthy dishes include the hearty Creole Chicken burger, a spicy breaded chicken breast adorned with crispy onions, spicy Cheddar & barbecue pulled chicken, and the delectable Low n’ Slow, a combination of pulled pork & burnt brisket ends covered in The Phoenix’s special barbecue sauce.

Also offering some lighter alternatives, such as broths and deli sandwiches, there truly is something for everybody at The Phoenix, whether they want to get comfortable inside or lounge out in the sun in the enchanting al fresco area.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on Bank Holidays. Members must book atleast 2 hours in advance in order for the tastecard to be accepted.

View all reviews
The Phoenix
Average member score
4.7 15
Diner rating
Excellent
12
Very good
2
Good
0
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Alex said "Awesome!
Great burgers!
Great service!
Great beer!
Great value!
Thanks Phoenix! ❤"
Read more
FREDERICK said
" Ok meal. Good value."
Read more
Eve said
" Lovely friendly staff"
Read more
Mike said "Very Nice
Recommend The Phoenix"
Read more
Laurna said
" If you are looking for a relaxing evening with great food this is the place to go. The staff are..."
Read more
Sandy said "1st time using my taste card
Decided to eat at The Phoenix in lower sunbury, the staff was very friendly and I didn't..."
Read more
Pat said "Good Food Good Value
Large group went and we all enjoyed our meals first couple of times chose off main menu which is..."
Read more
Ms. said "Limited menu with taste card
Very friendly and helpful staff which made booking on the night very easy with a quick phone call..."
Read more
Charlotte said "Excellent Service
Every member of staff is so friendly and accommodating. Children and dogs are welcome here. The..."
Read more
Julie said "Great
Fantastic food presented really well, staff friendly, highly
recommend."
Read more
Adam said "Great Value Great Food
Great value food anyway but with taste card fantastic value. Fish pie was excellent so was the..."
Read more
Charlotte said "Brilliant food.
First time visit and would go back again. I would recommend the beef lasagne which was the best I..."
Read more
Karlea said "Fantastic food
The food was fantastic! Recommend the fish pie! The staff where very friendly and helpful. Over..."
Read more
Alan said "Worth a visit
My wife and I had lunch at the Phoenix. Had a warm welcome and the food was excellent."
Read more
Stephen said "Excellent Food and a Great Atmosphere
Five of us had dinner at the Phoenix in Sunbury and the food was excellent and extremely good..."
Read more
  • Alex said: "Awesome!
    Great burgers!
    Great service!
    Great beer!
    Great value!
    Thanks Phoenix! ❤ "
    Posted 5 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • FREDERICK said:
    " Ok meal. Good value. "
    Posted 9 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Eve said:
    " Lovely friendly staff "
    Posted 10 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said: "Very Nice
    Recommend The Phoenix "
    Posted 10 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Laurna said:
    " If you are looking for a relaxing evening with great food this is the place to go. The staff are friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is so relaxing and a beautiful setting. The menu is uncomplicated but packed with flavour. I never thought I would rave on about ribs chips and garlic bread but believe me it's worth raving about. 5 stars to all the staff and we will definitely be visiting again and again and again...... "
    Posted 1 year, 22 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sandy said: "1st time using my taste card
    Decided to eat at The Phoenix in lower sunbury, the staff was very friendly and I didn't realise how easy it is to use my card. The food was freshly cooked and the portions are huge, and very reasonable in price. Our total bill including drinks came to £76.00 and we got £26.00 off so we only had to pay £50.00 what a bargain. :-) . We chose and shared our starters of homemade pate with crisp bread, large mushroom with red onion jam & goats cheese and crispy prawns with wasabi mayo....These was gorgeous. For mains my brother in law had ham egg n chips and the ham was thick and tasted lovely and fresh...my sis had goid quality bangers n mash with a very tasty onion gravy and I had the fisherman's pie which I highly recommend but had I known it was going to be so big I wouldn't have had lunch. Highly recommend this establishment which I believe is under new management. . Keep up the great work. Xoxo. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pat said: "Good Food Good Value
    Large group went and we all enjoyed our meals first couple of times chose off main menu which is excellent
    Subsequent times going a taste card menu has now been produced still good but not so much variety and quality as before but still great value "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ms. said: "Limited menu with taste card
    Very friendly and helpful staff which made booking on the night very easy with a quick phone call - would avoid Friday nights in future though!

    Unfortunately, we were seated right next to the pool table where a heated match was taking place. After the staff kindly asked the players to remove their drinks from our table, we sat down and then navigated our way to the other side of the bar to order: fish & chips, and ham egg & chips.

    Little bit disappointed at how much of the menu was off limits to the taste card, but the food (when it arrived) was fairly standard pub grub - but massive portions!

    We didn't stay long after we finished our mains - mainly to avoid the prolific swearing - but can see that at a different time, this could be a very different dining experience. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 16 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Charlotte said: "Excellent Service
    Every member of staff is so friendly and accommodating. Children and dogs are welcome here. The food was lovely and
    filling with very reasonable charges. Would definitely recommend. "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Julie said: "Great
    Fantastic food presented really well, staff friendly, highly
    recommend. "
    Posted 4 years, 6 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adam said: "Great Value Great Food
    Great value food anyway but with taste card fantastic value. Fish pie was excellent so was the fish and chips, liver and bacon and a good selection of vegetarian options. The mixed meat and mixed seafood sharer starters were just fantastic.
    Highly recommend and in summer its a fantastic place to sit by the river.
    Wouldn't recommend going to eat on Quiz night as it distracts from the meal and is a little obtrusive. Unless you join the quiz that is. "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Charlotte said: "Brilliant food.
    First time visit and would go back again. I would recommend the beef lasagne which was the best I have tasted in ages. The portions are big and filling and well presented on the plate. A lovely pub inside with a garden view of the Thames for day time sitting outside. "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karlea said: "Fantastic food
    The food was fantastic! Recommend the fish pie! The staff where very friendly and helpful. Over all, a lovely experience. We all left there extremely satisfied!! "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alan said: "Worth a visit
    My wife and I had lunch at the Phoenix. Had a warm welcome and the food was excellent. "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 26 days ago...
    3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stephen said: "Excellent Food and a Great Atmosphere
    Five of us had dinner at the Phoenix in Sunbury and the food was excellent and extremely good value for money. We can definitely recommend the tapas sharing plates as starters or main courses and all five main courses we had were very tasty with generous portions. The service from Gary, Kerry and the rest of their staff was also very good. Overall we would highly recommend the Phoenix to anyone looking for great value, high quality food, in a very friendly pub with a great atmosphere. "
    Posted 5 years, 3 months, 4 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Alex said: "Awesome!
    Great burgers!
    Great service!
    Great beer!
    Great value!
    Thanks Phoenix! ❤ "
    Posted 5 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • FREDERICK said:
    " Ok meal. Good value. "
    Posted 9 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Eve said:
    " Lovely friendly staff "
    Posted 10 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said: "Very Nice
    Recommend The Phoenix "
    Posted 10 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Laurna said:
    " If you are looking for a relaxing evening with great food this is the place to go. The staff are friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is so relaxing and a beautiful setting. The menu is uncomplicated but packed with flavour. I never thought I would rave on about ribs chips and garlic bread but believe me it's worth raving about. 5 stars to all the staff and we will definitely be visiting again and again and again...... "
    Posted 1 year, 22 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sandy said: "1st time using my taste card
    Decided to eat at The Phoenix in lower sunbury, the staff was very friendly and I didn't realise how easy it is to use my card. The food was freshly cooked and the portions are huge, and very reasonable in price. Our total bill including drinks came to £76.00 and we got £26.00 off so we only had to pay £50.00 what a bargain. :-) . We chose and shared our starters of homemade pate with crisp bread, large mushroom with red onion jam & goats cheese and crispy prawns with wasabi mayo....These was gorgeous. For mains my brother in law had ham egg n chips and the ham was thick and tasted lovely and fresh...my sis had goid quality bangers n mash with a very tasty onion gravy and I had the fisherman's pie which I highly recommend but had I known it was going to be so big I wouldn't have had lunch. Highly recommend this establishment which I believe is under new management. . Keep up the great work. Xoxo. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Pat said: "Good Food Good Value
    Large group went and we all enjoyed our meals first couple of times chose off main menu which is excellent
    Subsequent times going a taste card menu has now been produced still good but not so much variety and quality as before but still great value "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ms. said: "Limited menu with taste card
    Very friendly and helpful staff which made booking on the night very easy with a quick phone call - would avoid Friday nights in future though!

    Unfortunately, we were seated right next to the pool table where a heated match was taking place. After the staff kindly asked the players to remove their drinks from our table, we sat down and then navigated our way to the other side of the bar to order: fish & chips, and ham egg & chips.

    Little bit disappointed at how much of the menu was off limits to the taste card, but the food (when it arrived) was fairly standard pub grub - but massive portions!

    We didn't stay long after we finished our mains - mainly to avoid the prolific swearing - but can see that at a different time, this could be a very different dining experience. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 16 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Charlotte said: "Excellent Service
    Every member of staff is so friendly and accommodating. Children and dogs are welcome here. The food was lovely and
    filling with very reasonable charges. Would definitely recommend. "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Julie said: "Great
    Fantastic food presented really well, staff friendly, highly
    recommend. "
    Posted 4 years, 6 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adam said: "Great Value Great Food
    Great value food anyway but with taste card fantastic value. Fish pie was excellent so was the fish and chips, liver and bacon and a good selection of vegetarian options. The mixed meat and mixed seafood sharer starters were just fantastic.
    Highly recommend and in summer its a fantastic place to sit by the river.
    Wouldn't recommend going to eat on Quiz night as it distracts from the meal and is a little obtrusive. Unless you join the quiz that is. "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Charlotte said: "Brilliant food.
    First time visit and would go back again. I would recommend the beef lasagne which was the best I have tasted in ages. The portions are big and filling and well presented on the plate. A lovely pub inside with a garden view of the Thames for day time sitting outside. "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 25 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karlea said: "Fantastic food
    The food was fantastic! Recommend the fish pie! The staff where very friendly and helpful. Over all, a lovely experience. We all left there extremely satisfied!! "
    Posted 4 years, 9 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alan said: "Worth a visit
    My wife and I had lunch at the Phoenix. Had a warm welcome and the food was excellent. "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 26 days ago...
    3 out of 5 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stephen said: "Excellent Food and a Great Atmosphere
    Five of us had dinner at the Phoenix in Sunbury and the food was excellent and extremely good value for money. We can definitely recommend the tapas sharing plates as starters or main courses and all five main courses we had were very tasty with generous portions. The service from Gary, Kerry and the rest of their staff was also very good. Overall we would highly recommend the Phoenix to anyone looking for great value, high quality food, in a very friendly pub with a great atmosphere. "
    Posted 5 years, 3 months, 4 days ago...
    4 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals