Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 4 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
The Wellington Pizza Pub image
The Wellington Pizza Pub image
The Wellington Pizza Pub image
The Wellington Pizza Pub image
The Wellington Pizza Pub image

2 for 1 at The Wellington Pizza Pub

Locals may have fond memories of Buca di Pizza. Based in the heart of the business district, it quickly become one of the best spots for dining out in Leeds after work. And soon, word caught on with pizza lovers, who came to appreciate their authentic Neapolitan-style pizza, refreshing cocktails and friendly service. While it may be no more, diners shouldn’t despair. They’ve gone through a makeover and are now reborn as The Wellington Pizza Pub.

From meals after work to date nights, anyone looking to dine out in Leeds will love The Wellington Pizza pub’s central location. They’re just a stone’s throw from the train station and attractions like Trinity Leeds Shopping Centre and the Henry Moore Institute. While those looking to make the most of a night out in town are just a short walk away from Greek Street, Call Lane and other hotspots.

Diners in search of relaxed places to eat in Leeds are more than welcome at Wellington Pizza Pub. From the outside, the restaurant may look rather small but inside is a completely different matter. Guests will find this eatery underground. The laidback restaurant offers a modern and buzzing atmosphere — perfect for a catch-up with friends before a gig, night out or even after a day out with the kids.

Like many Italian restaurants, Wellington Pizza Pub proudly serves classic starters such as caprese salad, figs with Parma ham and fritto misto. But the real star of the show is their pizza. Diners can indulge in favourites like their quattro formaggi or try one of their signature creations like the Nduja Love Me, Hickory Pig and the Chilli con Carnivoso. They also offer gluten-free bases and vegan cheese.

Whether it’s a quick pitstop or a chance to catch-up with an old friend, a trip to Wellington Pizza Pub won’t be the last. Any occasion will be even more of a treat for tastecard members who can look forward to exclusive restaurant savings when they call to book ahead and present their cards upon arrival. It’s a good chance to treat themselves to another round, a few small plates to share or a meat board.

Important Information

Please note: You must book in advance and mention the tastecard to be entitled to the discount. The tastecard restaurant discount is not available in December.

View all reviews
The Wellington Pizza Pub
Average member score
4.8 14
Diner rating
Excellent
11
Very good
3
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Steve said "Excellent
Excellent service good pizza a different kind of restaurant good atmosphere"
Read more
" Gorgeous food and really friendly staff"
Read more
Jasmine said "The best pizza I have ever tried
Really delicious pizza with a great variety. Service was very good and quick. Would definitely..."
Read more
Gazza said
" Very good pizza. A bit different from usual chains."
Read more
Carole said
" Great service and delicious food"
Read more
Rob said "Great food and friendly service
Can't fault the experience. Lovely venue and great food, what more can I ask for."
Read more
Hope said "Great Little Italian Restaurant
Quick friendly service and amazing food"
Read more
Alistair said "Great Find
This restaurant is a little gem. Italian tapas is a revalation. Pizzas superb. Carefully selected..."
Read more
Lee said "Great Place To Dine
I read the reviews for this place and it seemed a good place to take my best friend who I've..."
Read more
Peter said "Fantastic authentic food
Don't usually write reviews but what great food at this place! I wish them well and thanks..."
Read more
ROBERT said "Magic
Just had a cracking pizza a gem of a restaurant. First class food first class service and a real..."
Read more
"Tuesday Night
By luck I used the taste card app for the first time and found buca de pizza. If you like pizza,..."
Read more
"Lovely
Lovely place lovely food just a bit quite"
Read more
CAROL said "Brilliant!
I would highly recommend this new restaurant. We had two push chairs and the staff were more than..."
Read more
  • Steve said: "Excellent
    Excellent service good pizza a different kind of restaurant good atmosphere "
    Posted 5 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Gorgeous food and really friendly staff "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jasmine said: "The best pizza I have ever tried
    Really delicious pizza with a great variety. Service was very good and quick. Would definitely recommend! "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gazza said:
    " Very good pizza. A bit different from usual chains. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carole said:
    " Great service and delicious food "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rob said: "Great food and friendly service
    Can't fault the experience. Lovely venue and great food, what more can I ask for. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hope said: "Great Little Italian Restaurant
    Quick friendly service and amazing food "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alistair said: "Great Find
    This restaurant is a little gem. Italian tapas is a revalation. Pizzas superb. Carefully selected wines to accompany and great service. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Great Place To Dine
    I read the reviews for this place and it seemed a good place to take my best friend who I've not seen in two years and her 2 year old son. She loved the venue as did I, seemed quite posh yet relaxed and ambient. Stairs leading to underground floor not pram friendly but worth the visit, staff very pleasant and welcoming, really attentive and polite. Great service and the food was lovely, Starter plater was lush and the pizzas are just how I like them, chose something slightly different than normal so It wasn't my favourite pizza of all time but was yummy to eat. I had the veil meatballs with pancetta, tbh I would take the pancetta off, the meatballs were beautiful just on their own :) pizzas are made how they should be and I love that. Ideal place for fine dining or a date. I will be definitely be dining here a lot more. You have to go and check it out "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Peter said: "Fantastic authentic food
    Don't usually write reviews but what great food at this place! I wish them well and thanks for the great service! Will definately be back! "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ROBERT said: "Magic
    Just had a cracking pizza a gem of a restaurant. First class food first class service and a real authentic feel.The setting was downstairs a cave like setting lovely and warm and cosy ideal for a family get together or group party. "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Tuesday Night
    By luck I used the taste card app for the first time and found buca de pizza. If you like pizza, do not hesitate as theirs is as good as I have tasted. As the restaurant is underground you may have walked passed but that would be your loss.
    I will be back next week. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 11 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Lovely
    Lovely place lovely food just a bit quite "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CAROL said: "Brilliant!
    I would highly recommend this new restaurant. We had two push chairs and the staff were more than helpful getting down the steps. Food was lovely, service great. We will definitely be returning. Thanks! "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Steve said: "Excellent
    Excellent service good pizza a different kind of restaurant good atmosphere "
    Posted 5 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Gorgeous food and really friendly staff "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jasmine said: "The best pizza I have ever tried
    Really delicious pizza with a great variety. Service was very good and quick. Would definitely recommend! "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gazza said:
    " Very good pizza. A bit different from usual chains. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carole said:
    " Great service and delicious food "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rob said: "Great food and friendly service
    Can't fault the experience. Lovely venue and great food, what more can I ask for. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hope said: "Great Little Italian Restaurant
    Quick friendly service and amazing food "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alistair said: "Great Find
    This restaurant is a little gem. Italian tapas is a revalation. Pizzas superb. Carefully selected wines to accompany and great service. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Great Place To Dine
    I read the reviews for this place and it seemed a good place to take my best friend who I've not seen in two years and her 2 year old son. She loved the venue as did I, seemed quite posh yet relaxed and ambient. Stairs leading to underground floor not pram friendly but worth the visit, staff very pleasant and welcoming, really attentive and polite. Great service and the food was lovely, Starter plater was lush and the pizzas are just how I like them, chose something slightly different than normal so It wasn't my favourite pizza of all time but was yummy to eat. I had the veil meatballs with pancetta, tbh I would take the pancetta off, the meatballs were beautiful just on their own :) pizzas are made how they should be and I love that. Ideal place for fine dining or a date. I will be definitely be dining here a lot more. You have to go and check it out "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Peter said: "Fantastic authentic food
    Don't usually write reviews but what great food at this place! I wish them well and thanks for the great service! Will definately be back! "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ROBERT said: "Magic
    Just had a cracking pizza a gem of a restaurant. First class food first class service and a real authentic feel.The setting was downstairs a cave like setting lovely and warm and cosy ideal for a family get together or group party. "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Tuesday Night
    By luck I used the taste card app for the first time and found buca de pizza. If you like pizza, do not hesitate as theirs is as good as I have tasted. As the restaurant is underground you may have walked passed but that would be your loss.
    I will be back next week. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 11 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Lovely
    Lovely place lovely food just a bit quite "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CAROL said: "Brilliant!
    I would highly recommend this new restaurant. We had two push chairs and the staff were more than helpful getting down the steps. Food was lovely, service great. We will definitely be returning. Thanks! "
    Posted 3 years, 11 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals