Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
Coal Grill and Bar - Telford image
Coal Grill and Bar - Telford image
Coal Grill and Bar - Telford image
Coal Grill and Bar - Telford image
Coal Grill and Bar - Telford image

2 for 1 at Coal Grill and Bar - Telford

Sizzling Since ’07 - Coal don't serve fast food, they serve fresh food as fast as they can!

Coal Grill & Bar provides great quality cuts from field to table that don't cost the earth. Their fiercely flavoursome dishes are freshly prepared and barbecued over blisteringly hot coals, or they're served scorching from a stone oven, using local ingredients sourced from their favourite farmers.

They believe food is best when it's bold!

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is for 2 for 1 across starters and mains and desserts, from the Main Menu only. Excludes any set or fixed price menus. Takeaway and delivery food is not included in this offer. Extra sides and add-ons are not included in the offer, but may be purchased at usual menu price. The cheapest or equivalent dish of each course from each menu section will be discounted from your bill. Maximum of 2 people per tastecard, although multiple tastecards may be used per table. Available all day from Sunday to Thursday. Excludes Friday and Saturday. Members do not have to book in advance but must mention their tastecard upon being seated for the discount to be valid. Excludes bank holidays and special occasion days, including, but not limited to, Valentine's Day, Mothering Sunday, and Father's Day. The Tastecard discount is also unavailable throughout December. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offers or discounts.

View all reviews
Coal Grill and Bar - Telford
Average member score
4.3 26
Diner rating
Excellent
16
Very good
6
Good
2
Average
0
Poor
2
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Jane said
" What a lovely meal we had for my husband's 60th birthday fantastic staff so friendly and..."
Read more
IAIN said "Good
Service was good. Food was good. No complaints"
Read more
" Good food - discount made the meal very reasonable. Recommend the steak skewers"
Read more
Peter said "Enjoyed our evening
Lovely steak skewer and good service.

Really enjoyed our meal."
Read more
Julie said "Friday Evening Dinner
Used the Tastecard with no problems when we walked in without a booking.
Seafood pasta,..."
Read more
Carl said "Sunday Evening
I booked s table for 3 on Sunday 9th September, we have eaten here quite a few times since it..."
Read more
Stephen said "Service Charge
We went Coal this evening in Telford, we both had the firesticks and very good they were. On..."
Read more
"Wonderful
Wonderful first time at Coal...food and service was brilliant !!!! Well done staff at Telford..."
Read more
Mupfupi.W said "Decent!
Gooooooood food !"
Read more
Karen said "Food
Glad we had the tastecard as wouldn't have paid full price for what we had. Steak was so..."
Read more
Kerrie said
" Very relaxed... helpful staff. Food was nice, as expected"
Read more
Mark said
" Midweek meal out with family. We all enjoyed our meals very tasty and good portions.
..."
Read more
Asis said
" First visit to Coal. Weren’t disappointed. Tasty food, good service and ambience"
Read more
"Poor Service
Unwilling to interact, not helpful wanted to close early and were asked to hurry up and eat. We..."
Read more
Soakxhhdba said "Poor
Slow service, menu didn't say how spicy the food was so I couldn't eat it. When told..."
Read more
"Lovely Atmosphere
We enjoyed a lovely meal using our tastecard and the atmosphere was lovely. Just watch out for..."
Read more
Regular said
" 10/10 every time"
Read more
Anne said
" Great meal"
Read more
Mark said
" Food was great, Tammy was a fantastic host for us all!

Great night out !"
Read more
" Good food, great service. Can't complain at all"
Read more
Scott said "Relaxed dinner
Food was nice and service was great. Food could have done with being warmer though. Warm brisket..."
Read more
Nicola said
" Fantastic as per a star every time"
Read more
"Good Meal
We only had burgers and a drink which were very good.
Really easy to use the tastecard."
Read more
Danny said
" Food was spot on served promptly. Nothing too much trouble to accommodate us or the children. No..."
Read more
John said
" Can't fault it. Great food, good service at a great price."
Read more
Paul said "Enjoyable Meal
We went on a Sunday with our 3 year old and the staff were great. Food was good, portions not..."
Read more
  • Jane said:
    " What a lovely meal we had for my husband's 60th birthday fantastic staff so friendly and helpful will definitely be going again highly recommend it thank you "
    Posted 10 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • IAIN said: "Good
    Service was good. Food was good. No complaints "
    Posted 1 year, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Good food - discount made the meal very reasonable. Recommend the steak skewers "
    Posted 1 year, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Peter said: "Enjoyed our evening
    Lovely steak skewer and good service.

    Really enjoyed our meal. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Julie said: "Friday Evening Dinner
    Used the Tastecard with no problems when we walked in without a booking.
    Seafood pasta, ribs and chicken were fab as was the garlic bread.
    Service was good although a bit slow when paying but it was busy!
    Would recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carl said: "Sunday Evening
    I booked s table for 3 on Sunday 9th September, we have eaten here quite a few times since it opened, I was disappointed to wait for nearly 25 minutes until our drinks arrived, being a Sunday night I could not exactly say it was busy, the 2nd disappointment of the evening was when we came to order our mains we were told they only had one Sirloin steak.
    Overall food was of good quality and the discount you receive with the Tastecard makes up for the disappointments "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stephen said: "Service Charge
    We went Coal this evening in Telford, we both had the firesticks and very good they were. On paying we mentioned we had a Tastecard again no problems. However on looking at the bill we were charged £4.28 optional service charge which is considerably more than the 10% we would give. No mention was made of the optional service charge prior to us paying. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Wonderful
    Wonderful first time at Coal...food and service was brilliant !!!! Well done staff at Telford Coal !!! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mupfupi.W said: "Decent!
    Gooooooood food ! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Food
    Glad we had the tastecard as wouldn't have paid full price for what we had. Steak was so fatty we couldn't chew it. Told the waitor, he said I'll see what I can do but did nothing apart from add the service charge. I wouldn't mind as service was really good but food really wasn't. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kerrie said:
    " Very relaxed... helpful staff. Food was nice, as expected "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said:
    " Midweek meal out with family. We all enjoyed our meals very tasty and good portions.
    Service was very good and attentive and excellent value for money using the taste card.
    It was our first time at Coal but we will certainly go again. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Asis said:
    " First visit to Coal. Weren’t disappointed. Tasty food, good service and ambience "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Poor Service
    Unwilling to interact, not helpful wanted to close early and were asked to hurry up and eat. We were seated next to the door and when asked if it was possible to move to a place further from the draft this was apparently against policy even though the restaurant was empty. Manager eventually agreed that we could move however we moved our drinks and water to the new table ourselves. Have not received a service like this before. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Soakxhhdba said: "Poor
    Slow service, menu didn't say how spicy the food was so I couldn't eat it. When told waiter they didn't help.
    Waitresses were nice but took forever and didn't seem to know what they were doing "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Lovely Atmosphere
    We enjoyed a lovely meal using our tastecard and the atmosphere was lovely. Just watch out for service charge on your receipt as this is optional to pay but not necessarily pointed out v well. We couldn’t figure out why we had paid more than we should until we scrutinised the receipt. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Regular said:
    " 10/10 every time "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anne said:
    " Great meal "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said:
    " Food was great, Tammy was a fantastic host for us all!

    Great night out ! "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Good food, great service. Can't complain at all "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Scott said: "Relaxed dinner
    Food was nice and service was great. Food could have done with being warmer though. Warm brisket beef with cold bbq sauce isn't the right mix. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicola said:
    " Fantastic as per a star every time "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Good Meal
    We only had burgers and a drink which were very good.
    Really easy to use the tastecard. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Danny said:
    " Food was spot on served promptly. Nothing too much trouble to accommodate us or the children. No issues using the card despite not booking in advance and saved nearly 40quid in one sitting... enough for another years membership of tastecard! "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said:
    " Can't fault it. Great food, good service at a great price. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Enjoyable Meal
    We went on a Sunday with our 3 year old and the staff were great. Food was good, portions not huge but at 50% off the bill you cannot complain. Will be back again soon. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Jane said:
    " What a lovely meal we had for my husband's 60th birthday fantastic staff so friendly and helpful will definitely be going again highly recommend it thank you "
    Posted 10 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • IAIN said: "Good
    Service was good. Food was good. No complaints "
    Posted 1 year, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Good food - discount made the meal very reasonable. Recommend the steak skewers "
    Posted 1 year, 29 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Peter said: "Enjoyed our evening
    Lovely steak skewer and good service.

    Really enjoyed our meal. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Julie said: "Friday Evening Dinner
    Used the Tastecard with no problems when we walked in without a booking.
    Seafood pasta, ribs and chicken were fab as was the garlic bread.
    Service was good although a bit slow when paying but it was busy!
    Would recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Carl said: "Sunday Evening
    I booked s table for 3 on Sunday 9th September, we have eaten here quite a few times since it opened, I was disappointed to wait for nearly 25 minutes until our drinks arrived, being a Sunday night I could not exactly say it was busy, the 2nd disappointment of the evening was when we came to order our mains we were told they only had one Sirloin steak.
    Overall food was of good quality and the discount you receive with the Tastecard makes up for the disappointments "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stephen said: "Service Charge
    We went Coal this evening in Telford, we both had the firesticks and very good they were. On paying we mentioned we had a Tastecard again no problems. However on looking at the bill we were charged £4.28 optional service charge which is considerably more than the 10% we would give. No mention was made of the optional service charge prior to us paying. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Wonderful
    Wonderful first time at Coal...food and service was brilliant !!!! Well done staff at Telford Coal !!! "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mupfupi.W said: "Decent!
    Gooooooood food ! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Food
    Glad we had the tastecard as wouldn't have paid full price for what we had. Steak was so fatty we couldn't chew it. Told the waitor, he said I'll see what I can do but did nothing apart from add the service charge. I wouldn't mind as service was really good but food really wasn't. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kerrie said:
    " Very relaxed... helpful staff. Food was nice, as expected "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said:
    " Midweek meal out with family. We all enjoyed our meals very tasty and good portions.
    Service was very good and attentive and excellent value for money using the taste card.
    It was our first time at Coal but we will certainly go again. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Asis said:
    " First visit to Coal. Weren’t disappointed. Tasty food, good service and ambience "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Poor Service
    Unwilling to interact, not helpful wanted to close early and were asked to hurry up and eat. We were seated next to the door and when asked if it was possible to move to a place further from the draft this was apparently against policy even though the restaurant was empty. Manager eventually agreed that we could move however we moved our drinks and water to the new table ourselves. Have not received a service like this before. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Soakxhhdba said: "Poor
    Slow service, menu didn't say how spicy the food was so I couldn't eat it. When told waiter they didn't help.
    Waitresses were nice but took forever and didn't seem to know what they were doing "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Lovely Atmosphere
    We enjoyed a lovely meal using our tastecard and the atmosphere was lovely. Just watch out for service charge on your receipt as this is optional to pay but not necessarily pointed out v well. We couldn’t figure out why we had paid more than we should until we scrutinised the receipt. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Regular said:
    " 10/10 every time "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Anne said:
    " Great meal "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said:
    " Food was great, Tammy was a fantastic host for us all!

    Great night out ! "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Good food, great service. Can't complain at all "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Scott said: "Relaxed dinner
    Food was nice and service was great. Food could have done with being warmer though. Warm brisket beef with cold bbq sauce isn't the right mix. "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nicola said:
    " Fantastic as per a star every time "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Good Meal
    We only had burgers and a drink which were very good.
    Really easy to use the tastecard. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Danny said:
    " Food was spot on served promptly. Nothing too much trouble to accommodate us or the children. No issues using the card despite not booking in advance and saved nearly 40quid in one sitting... enough for another years membership of tastecard! "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said:
    " Can't fault it. Great food, good service at a great price. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Enjoyable Meal
    We went on a Sunday with our 3 year old and the staff were great. Food was good, portions not huge but at 50% off the bill you cannot complain. Will be back again soon. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals