Search
50% off food billMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Italian Farmhouse Coxhoe image
Italian Farmhouse Coxhoe image
Italian Farmhouse Coxhoe image
Italian Farmhouse Coxhoe image
Italian Farmhouse Coxhoe image

50% off at Italian Farmhouse Coxhoe

Traditional Italian cooking combined with locally sourced ingredients is the perfect partnership at the Italian Farmhouse in Coxhoe. Located in the heart of County Durham, this superb Italian eatery is one of two restaurants in the north east and aims to bring authentic Italian cooking to the tables of the area in an informal and traditional way. Inspired by the Italian farmhouses of Puglia in southern Italy, this delightful eatery has impressed the area’s diners with its tasty menu and lovely informal air.

The restaurant specialises in the fantastic Italian tapas known as Cicchetti which are ideal for sharing amongst friends and provide the opportunity to sample a little of everything. Tuck into mini plates of polpettine (meatballs) cooked in a spicy tomato sauce accompanied with warm ciabatta or a dish of crispy arancini risotto balls filled with beef, tomato and fresh herbs. Pizza is another speciality of the house, cooked in the stone oven the traditional way and topped with simple, classic ingredients. The a la carte menu offers some pretty delicious meat and fish dishes such as the chicken saltimbocca (wrapped in Parma ham with sage and mozzarella) or pan fried salmon in a creamy white wine and dill sauce. The wine list offers some superb Italian wines to choose from.

Housed in a traditional pub, Italian Farmhouse Coxhoe is a rustic space and offers a lovely informal vibe. Enjoy a pint of real ale before tucking into some delicious Italian food, using ingredients sourced from the local larder of County Durham.

Important Information

Please note: the tastecard discount is not available on Bank Holidays or Celebration Days. These include, but are not limited to Valentine’s Day, Mothering Sunday, Father’s Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

View all reviews
Italian Farmhouse Coxhoe
Average member score
4.3 15
Diner rating
Excellent
9
Very good
2
Good
3
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Mark said "Not Enjoyful In the Slightest
The food was brilliant, can’t knock it at all. However, the service and the way the tastecard was..."
Read more
Skdkd said
" Heid"
Read more
Gillian said "Excellent
Beautiful meal . Everything made freshly"
Read more
Dennis said "Not for me
My wife enjoyed her meal but it was not for me"
Read more
Kim said "Italian Farmhouse
The atmosphere was lovely, a bit cold to start with till our food arrived. Yhe garlic bread with..."
Read more
Jemma said "Lovely Food
Really nice place staff great food lovely would definitely go back"
Read more
Brian said "Very good experience
Called at short notice but no problem accepting tastecard. Food was very good quality and..."
Read more
Dawn said "Great Food, Good Service
Excellent food - portions large and food all home cooked & tasted great. Will go back!"
Read more
" Food was great. Service was a little lacking."
Read more
Old said
" Staff were very pleasant but food was VERY slow to arrive."
Read more
David said "Hidden gem
This out of the way Italian bistro is an absolute gem. Staff are lovely , food has the usual..."
Read more
Theresa said "5*****
Excellent"
Read more
NADINE said "Awesome food
This place is excellent. The service is fantastic always happy! It's also great for..."
Read more
Craig said
" Second visit this month and everything has been fantastic on both occasions"
Read more
Sara said "A Great Find...
Lovely restaurant inside Clarence Villas pub. Decor gorgeous and food was delicious. Excellent..."
Read more
  • Mark said: "Not Enjoyful In the Slightest
    The food was brilliant, can’t knock it at all. However, the service and the way the tastecard was dealt with was shocking. It took too long to serve, staff very disengaging and then poor service when I asked for the bill whilst re-affirming I had a tastecard. It took sometime for the bill to arrive and this was delivered with an apologetic ‘sorry the tastecard is not applicable. This was after I confirmed details on app and mentioned when booking. Their argument was that Sunday lunch was not included, something they were able to prove to me but differed to the app.my argument was that they had plenty time to advise this known I was using tastecard. Eventually they gave me 50% off but after much pressing. "
    Posted 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Skdkd said:
    " Heid "
    Posted 6 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gillian said: "Excellent
    Beautiful meal . Everything made freshly "
    Posted 7 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dennis said: "Not for me
    My wife enjoyed her meal but it was not for me "
    Posted 8 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kim said: "Italian Farmhouse
    The atmosphere was lovely, a bit cold to start with till our food arrived. Yhe garlic bread with cheese starter was nice, our main meals were gorgeous! The taste card saved us just over £11!! Awsome saving!! "
    Posted 8 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jemma said: "Lovely Food
    Really nice place staff great food lovely would definitely go back "
    Posted 9 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brian said: "Very good experience
    Called at short notice but no problem accepting tastecard. Food was very good quality and generous portions. Staff were very friendly and we will certainly look to go again. "
    Posted 9 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dawn said: "Great Food, Good Service
    Excellent food - portions large and food all home cooked & tasted great. Will go back! "
    Posted 1 year, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Food was great. Service was a little lacking. "
    Posted 1 year, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Old said:
    " Staff were very pleasant but food was VERY slow to arrive. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Hidden gem
    This out of the way Italian bistro is an absolute gem. Staff are lovely , food has the usual Italian standards and a few house originals but all done with an individual twist. Great decor and some quirky touches with Gellato served in old style tin mugs. Taste card readily accepted and easy to use. Highly recommended. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Theresa said: "5*****
    Excellent "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • NADINE said: "Awesome food
    This place is excellent. The service is fantastic always happy! It's also great for family's too. Food is fantastic you won't b disappointed. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Craig said:
    " Second visit this month and everything has been fantastic on both occasions "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sara said: "A Great Find...
    Lovely restaurant inside Clarence Villas pub. Decor gorgeous and food was delicious. Excellent addition to tastecard. My new favourite restaurant.
    Free bread with 3 chilli, olive and garlic oil dips, also sun dried tomato butter.
    Starters of mini meatballs with spicy sauce and a sour dough flat bread with mozzarella and caramelised onion (was huge). By now so full we could of skipped main course!!
    Both had fillet steak, peppercorn sauce for main. Cooked medium to perfection. One side of proper chips and one dish of veg. Fantastic meal, will be returning often I'm sure :o) "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 11 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • Mark said: "Not Enjoyful In the Slightest
    The food was brilliant, can’t knock it at all. However, the service and the way the tastecard was dealt with was shocking. It took too long to serve, staff very disengaging and then poor service when I asked for the bill whilst re-affirming I had a tastecard. It took sometime for the bill to arrive and this was delivered with an apologetic ‘sorry the tastecard is not applicable. This was after I confirmed details on app and mentioned when booking. Their argument was that Sunday lunch was not included, something they were able to prove to me but differed to the app.my argument was that they had plenty time to advise this known I was using tastecard. Eventually they gave me 50% off but after much pressing. "
    Posted 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Skdkd said:
    " Heid "
    Posted 6 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gillian said: "Excellent
    Beautiful meal . Everything made freshly "
    Posted 7 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dennis said: "Not for me
    My wife enjoyed her meal but it was not for me "
    Posted 8 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kim said: "Italian Farmhouse
    The atmosphere was lovely, a bit cold to start with till our food arrived. Yhe garlic bread with cheese starter was nice, our main meals were gorgeous! The taste card saved us just over £11!! Awsome saving!! "
    Posted 8 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jemma said: "Lovely Food
    Really nice place staff great food lovely would definitely go back "
    Posted 9 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brian said: "Very good experience
    Called at short notice but no problem accepting tastecard. Food was very good quality and generous portions. Staff were very friendly and we will certainly look to go again. "
    Posted 9 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dawn said: "Great Food, Good Service
    Excellent food - portions large and food all home cooked & tasted great. Will go back! "
    Posted 1 year, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Food was great. Service was a little lacking. "
    Posted 1 year, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Old said:
    " Staff were very pleasant but food was VERY slow to arrive. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Hidden gem
    This out of the way Italian bistro is an absolute gem. Staff are lovely , food has the usual Italian standards and a few house originals but all done with an individual twist. Great decor and some quirky touches with Gellato served in old style tin mugs. Taste card readily accepted and easy to use. Highly recommended. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Theresa said: "5*****
    Excellent "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • NADINE said: "Awesome food
    This place is excellent. The service is fantastic always happy! It's also great for family's too. Food is fantastic you won't b disappointed. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Craig said:
    " Second visit this month and everything has been fantastic on both occasions "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sara said: "A Great Find...
    Lovely restaurant inside Clarence Villas pub. Decor gorgeous and food was delicious. Excellent addition to tastecard. My new favourite restaurant.
    Free bread with 3 chilli, olive and garlic oil dips, also sun dried tomato butter.
    Starters of mini meatballs with spicy sauce and a sour dough flat bread with mozzarella and caramelised onion (was huge). By now so full we could of skipped main course!!
    Both had fillet steak, peppercorn sauce for main. Cooked medium to perfection. One side of proper chips and one dish of veg. Fantastic meal, will be returning often I'm sure :o) "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 11 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurants Deals