Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
View Menu
Buffalo image
Buffalo image

2 for 1 at Buffalo

Newly opened Buffalo Restaurant in South East London is a family owned and run business - dedicated to creating truly delicious Tex Mex food, using the finest directly imported ingredients fused with locally supplied produce.

With years of experience in the restaurant industry, the owners ensure that Buffalo provides a warm and genuine family service, in a charming setting whilst you enjoy a fantastic selection of authentic dishes, created from scratch by an experienced team of chefs.

Set on Greenwich Church Street, Buffalo presents a carefully composed menu ranging from favourites such as Fajitas, Tacos and Burritos etc, to dishes such as Steak, Ribs and speciality Burgers.

Food is freshly cooked to order and brought to you at extremely affordable prices and the caring team of staff will do their best to ensure that your Buffalo experience is nothing other than an enjoyable one.

In addition to the food, they have an amazing bar, offering a vast selection of cocktails, beers and soft drinks. Their cocktail menu is massive and offers everything from the classics to Mex specials.

Important Information

Please note: Members must book in advance for discount to be applied.

View all reviews
Buffalo
Average member score
3.7 34
Diner rating
Excellent
17
Very good
3
Good
6
Average
2
Poor
6
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Mike said
" Gud fud m9"
Read more
"Bad Food, Bad Service, Bad Smell
Bad Food, Bad Service, Bad Smell"
Read more
Rosemarie said
" Very good meal.
."
Read more
Becky said "Nice little Place.
We had a really nice meal here.

Wasn’t sure about this place at first as the..."
Read more
Alma said "Book first please
On arrival there were a few diners already enjoying their evening. We were promptly sat at a..."
Read more
  • Mike said:
    " Gud fud m9 "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Bad Food, Bad Service, Bad Smell
    Bad Food, Bad Service, Bad Smell "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rosemarie said:
    " Very good meal.
    . "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Becky said: "Nice little Place.
    We had a really nice meal here.

    Wasn’t sure about this place at first as the reviews were pretty mixed.

    The food was lovely. Service also lovely. Had baby ribs to start which just fell off of the bone. Both mains were equally as nice.

    Will definitely be back "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alma said: "Book first please
    On arrival there were a few diners already enjoying their evening. We were promptly sat at a window table which looked directly at the Cutty Sark which is very close by. This adds ambience. On stating we had a tastecard we we informed we couldn't use it as we hadn't pre booked. This was upsetting as the vacant tables indicated it would not have been an inconvenience. We got up to leave as there are quite a few participating venues in the locality. The manager approached us at the door and insisted we stay and just to book ahead next time. The menu was not fully inclusive with the tastecard however we were grateful to remain in the restaurant as we had driven from Kent. My husband had a burger and I choose the lamb chops. I was not disappointed. It was a really good meal and the waiting staff were attentive and polite. The manager went out to ensure we had a good experience and we both did.
    Parking in the area was free after 7 when we arrived so we took the opportunity to go for a stroll afterwards.
    On the down side. Leaking air con unit looks unpleasant so once fixed this will complete the customer experience. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Mike said:
    " Gud fud m9 "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Bad Food, Bad Service, Bad Smell
    Bad Food, Bad Service, Bad Smell "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rosemarie said:
    " Very good meal.
    . "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Becky said: "Nice little Place.
    We had a really nice meal here.

    Wasn’t sure about this place at first as the reviews were pretty mixed.

    The food was lovely. Service also lovely. Had baby ribs to start which just fell off of the bone. Both mains were equally as nice.

    Will definitely be back "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alma said: "Book first please
    On arrival there were a few diners already enjoying their evening. We were promptly sat at a window table which looked directly at the Cutty Sark which is very close by. This adds ambience. On stating we had a tastecard we we informed we couldn't use it as we hadn't pre booked. This was upsetting as the vacant tables indicated it would not have been an inconvenience. We got up to leave as there are quite a few participating venues in the locality. The manager approached us at the door and insisted we stay and just to book ahead next time. The menu was not fully inclusive with the tastecard however we were grateful to remain in the restaurant as we had driven from Kent. My husband had a burger and I choose the lamb chops. I was not disappointed. It was a really good meal and the waiting staff were attentive and polite. The manager went out to ensure we had a good experience and we both did.
    Parking in the area was free after 7 when we arrived so we took the opportunity to go for a stroll afterwards.
    On the down side. Leaking air con unit looks unpleasant so once fixed this will complete the customer experience. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals