Search
50% off food billMaximum of 10 peopleBooking requiredDecember restriction
Annies image
Annies image
Annies image
Annies image
Annies image

50% off at Annies

Annies is somewhat of a legend in the city of Manchester, partially because the restaurant is owned by none other than Coronation Street actress Jennie McAlpine and her partner. Located just off St Ann’s Square in the Royal Exchange building, Annies boasts a tranquil setting in town for a delicious meal. Mostly British inspired yet offering a wealth of internationally inspired favourites, there's truly something for everybody at Annies.

Considered one of the nation’s favourite tastecard restaurants, Annies honours the excellent discounts off all the fantastic fare ordered when tastecard members call in advance with their card. With such superb savings to be made there seems to be little reason not to enrich any dining experience at Annies with a few refreshing drinks, especially when considering the eclectic beer, wine and spirits selection.

Diners will find a range of classic Mancunian dishes to choose from on the menu at Annies, using fresh, locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. The Lancashire rarebit starter is always a popular dish, comprising of a toasted bloomer topped with cheese, mustard & ale and accompanied by red onion chutney. Annies hotpot is also one of the many much-loved main courses, made with succulent lamb & vegetables topped with a crunchy layer of sliced potatoes and served with red cabbage, seasonal vegetables and crusty bread.

Annies is a delightful venue that offers style and comfort in equal measures. Staff are warm, friendly and very welcoming to each and every diner. A popular choice amongst Corrie fans naturally but generally an all-round lovely place to eat, Annies is certain to be a Manchester stalwart for many years to come, and with its central location it’s a great choice for anyone visiting Manchester.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available on Bank Holidays or Celebration Days including, but not limited to, Valentine's Day, Mothering Sunday, Father's Day, etc. The Restaurant can accept bookings Monday-Friday 10am-9pm, Saturday 5pm-9pm, Sunday 10am-6pm. This offer is off the Main Menu only. The tastecard discount will not be accepted before 5pm on a Saturday

View all reviews
Annies
Average member score
4.8 51
Diner rating
Excellent
44
Very good
5
Good
1
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Cath said "Lovely Place Lovely Food
We found this lovely little place whilst shopping in Manchester. Tucked away from the hustle and..."
Read more
Adam said "Excellent place
When we come to Manchester on a weekend we use Annies as the food is great, service spot on and a..."
Read more
Ashley said "Use This Discount!
Food, service and place are amazing.
If I wasn’t full I would want to eat it all again. So..."
Read more
Tom said "Annie’s
Highly recommended"
Read more
Lesley said "Lovely
Tasty food, decent portions."
Read more
Mike said "Superb experience all round
This restaurant has become a regular favourite with me and the whole family. Great menu, great..."
Read more
Jayne said "Great Value
This is somewhere I had been wanting to try for ages and finally persuaded my family to come with..."
Read more
Helen said "Food not great
Service, staff great.. Food however, chips arrived burnt. Had to exchange them. So fish went..."
Read more
MARY said
" First visit food and service excellent
House wine very drinkable and not over priced for..."
Read more
MARY said "First visit but it won't be my last i will be back.
First visit excellent food and service will recommend it to friends and I will certainly be..."
Read more
Louise said
" Excellent service lovely food and a great atmosphere thank you for a lovely evening x"
Read more
Kamy said
" Great...."
Read more
Cheryl said
" Great food, lovely staff and relaxed atmosphere."
Read more
KAREN said "Great birthday meal
First time here, went for birthday meal with my twin and our families. Way exceeded expectations...."
Read more
Rodders said "Amazing
Just go, best food and service ever"
Read more
Antony said "21st birthday lunch
We spent 2 hours here what a lovely place
staff are so good never felt rushed food was..."
Read more
annette said "Thank you
Thank you so much, although I've eaten here before, I brought my son for his birthday meal,..."
Read more
Gavin said "Just right
Beautiful food, gorgeous surroundings. Discount was on all food for a party of 7 including 3 x..."
Read more
Rob said "Great Place
Great restaurant, really good service, great food well worth a visit!"
Read more
Andrea said "Afternoon treat
I visited the restaurant on 21st Nov. I've been before and thoroughly enjoyed it and was..."
Read more
tan said "Great Both Times
Been here twice in the last week using the tastecard, great food and friendly attentive staff,..."
Read more
James said "Little Gem
Great experience from start to finish, easy to book, friendly welcoming and attentive staff,..."
Read more
Jane said
" Great atmosphere, very helpful friendly staff, good service, good food. No hassle with tastecard...."
Read more
Clare said "Would Highly Recommend To Everyone
Beautiful food, amazing staff and customer services. Will defiantly be returning and highly..."
Read more
Debbie said "Annies
A lovely experience"
Read more
Debbie said "Annies
Lovely atmosphere... food amazing...service great."
Read more
" Small portions on cheese and onion pie & beans, but lovely staff and atmosphere."
Read more
DIANE said
" Beautiful traditional food.Excellent service.Lovely relaxed atmosphere.would definately recommend."
Read more
Andrea said "Sunday afternoon treat
We visited this restaurant 17th sept
We were greeted and made welcome straightaway.
..."
Read more
t said "Really good.
Visited with my grandad, used tastecard with no problems literally get half of the food bill! Read more
GG said "Fantastic
Great food, great personal service. Top notch without being stuffy.

Thoroughly..."
Read more
" Good"
Read more
Gary said
" Excellent food, service and ambience."
Read more
Kevin said
" First visit to Annies' great restaurant serving local dishes. Great value with tastecard! Read more
Sixsmith said "Great Food Great Service
2nd time I've been here now and it gets better the service is fantastic and the food is..."
Read more
Andrew said
" Visited with four people for lunch on a Monday. The place was quiet, the ambience pleasant, the..."
Read more
Manchester said
" Two of us ate here last night and it was perfect. A really good selection of interesting plates..."
Read more
jonathan said "Hidden gem
FIRST visit and what a find. Fantic service lovely food and great decor. . Truly a hidden gem...."
Read more
SCOTT said "Sunday dinner
My first visit and I was amazed to find the vast restaurant below the tea rooms.
Our..."
Read more
Jane said "Excellent food and service
Visited Annies last Saturday as accepts taste card on a Saturday.. many places don't. What a..."
Read more
"Good Night
Food was really good and the staff were every friendly would go ago back again"
Read more
andrew said "Fantastic Sunday lunch
I took my friends and family for Sunday lunch and we all found Annie's fantastic good..."
Read more
Diana said "Wonderful
Called on the off chance. So glad we did
Staff were fantastic food excellent
..."
Read more
Kathy said "Brilliant
Amazing food. Brilliant chap taking charge. Altogether pleasant xxx"
Read more
Shazbo said "Great Food / Great Service
We'll be back!! The service was fantastic and the look was great. Very reasonable prices..."
Read more
Drew said "Fantastic!
Amazing great quality and quantity food with fast and friendly service in a great place and..."
Read more
AMANDA said
" Fantastic.."
Read more
Ste said "First time visit, defo will attend again.
So we attended for our first ever visit (after going around in circles 3 x times due to the many..."
Read more
TRACY said "Really really great place
My partner and I just had the best dining experience we have had in a long time.The staff were..."
Read more
YL said "A Hidden Treasure
I must admit, I went here pre tatsecard but only for drinks.

When I did revisit I..."
Read more
Amanda said
" What a lovely evening, live music and singing from the amazing pianist .
The service..."
Read more
  • Cath said: "Lovely Place Lovely Food
    We found this lovely little place whilst shopping in Manchester. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the busy city we were delighted to find this quiet, welcoming place with a lovely coffee shop above with comfy sofas and home made cakes, to a lovely atmospheric restaurant downstairs with candles and lots of fairy lights.
    The food was amazing, portion sizes great and service was friendly and warm. Will definitely return x "
    Posted 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adam said: "Excellent place
    When we come to Manchester on a weekend we use Annies as the food is great, service spot on and a nice relaxed atmosphere too. Staff clearly enjoy working here. On our most recent visit Jess served us and nothing was too much trouble. "
    Posted 1 month, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ashley said: "Use This Discount!
    Food, service and place are amazing.
    If I wasn’t full I would want to eat it all again. So relaxing in the noisy city. "
    Posted 1 month, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tom said: "Annie’s
    Highly recommended "
    Posted 1 month, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lesley said: "Lovely
    Tasty food, decent portions. "
    Posted 2 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said: "Superb experience all round
    This restaurant has become a regular favourite with me and the whole family. Great menu, great staff, great food and superb value. "
    Posted 2 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jayne said: "Great Value
    This is somewhere I had been wanting to try for ages and finally persuaded my family to come with me .
    It didn’t quite live to the hype that I had built in my head but it certainly delivered good food at great value with the taste card
    The service was a bit disjointed although the staff were lovely
    There’s a lot of dishes I want to try so we will definitely return but probably not as quick as I thought I would "
    Posted 2 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Helen said: "Food not great
    Service, staff great.. Food however, chips arrived burnt. Had to exchange them. So fish went cold. Ordered coffee, undrinkable and had burnt taste. Didn't drink it but got charged for it. "
    Posted 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MARY said:
    " First visit food and service excellent
    House wine very drinkable and not over priced for the area nice place felt very comfortable will recommend it to friends . "
    Posted 2 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MARY said: "First visit but it won't be my last i will be back.
    First visit excellent food and service will recommend it to friends and I will certainly be going back soon. "
    Posted 2 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Louise said:
    " Excellent service lovely food and a great atmosphere thank you for a lovely evening x "
    Posted 3 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kamy said:
    " Great.... "
    Posted 3 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cheryl said:
    " Great food, lovely staff and relaxed atmosphere. "
    Posted 3 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KAREN said: "Great birthday meal
    First time here, went for birthday meal with my twin and our families. Way exceeded expectations. Lovely food, setting and good service. definitely going back. "
    Posted 3 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rodders said: "Amazing
    Just go, best food and service ever "
    Posted 4 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Antony said: "21st birthday lunch
    We spent 2 hours here what a lovely place
    staff are so good never felt rushed food was excellent can't fault it we will be back. "
    Posted 4 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • annette said: "Thank you
    Thank you so much, although I've eaten here before, I brought my son for his birthday meal, it was his 1st time, he/we all really enjoyed it.. there were 10 of us, we'll be back again soon.. can't thank you enough, great staff, great food and most of all, a great place to eat. "
    Posted 4 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gavin said: "Just right
    Beautiful food, gorgeous surroundings. Discount was on all food for a party of 7 including 3 x kids meals. Not a scrap was left which is testament to how nice it all was. "
    Posted 5 months, 15 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rob said: "Great Place
    Great restaurant, really good service, great food well worth a visit! "
    Posted 6 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrea said: "Afternoon treat
    I visited the restaurant on 21st Nov. I've been before and thoroughly enjoyed it and was looking forward to introducing my friend.
    We were not disappointed
    We had a 3 course meal and it was all cooked to perfection.
    Richard and Tyler were excellent hosts and waiters. Giving enough time to choose and enjoy each course without us feeling rushed or ignored.
    The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere
    Will definitely return and Recommend.
    We done to you all. "
    Posted 6 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • tan said: "Great Both Times
    Been here twice in the last week using the tastecard, great food and friendly attentive staff, will definitely be back "
    Posted 7 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • James said: "Little Gem
    Great experience from start to finish, easy to book, friendly welcoming and attentive staff, delicious food, nice venue and relaxed atmosphere, can’t go wrong with this choice, we will be back! "
    Posted 7 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said:
    " Great atmosphere, very helpful friendly staff, good service, good food. No hassle with tastecard. Would reccomend
    Jane "
    Posted 7 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Clare said: "Would Highly Recommend To Everyone
    Beautiful food, amazing staff and customer services. Will defiantly be returning and highly recommending. Everything was perfect "
    Posted 7 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Debbie said: "Annies
    A lovely experience "
    Posted 8 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Debbie said: "Annies
    Lovely atmosphere... food amazing...service great. "
    Posted 8 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Small portions on cheese and onion pie & beans, but lovely staff and atmosphere. "
    Posted 8 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DIANE said:
    " Beautiful traditional food.Excellent service.Lovely relaxed atmosphere.would definately recommend. "
    Posted 8 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrea said: "Sunday afternoon treat
    We visited this restaurant 17th sept
    We were greeted and made welcome straightaway.
    The restaurant is lovely with great lighting and a lovely atmosphere.
    Food was ordered and served on a timely manner.
    We had 3 courses and each and everyone was delicious.
    Prices were good value even without a taste card but the fact that we did made it even greater value
    Would definitely return and recommend. "
    Posted 9 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • t said: "Really good.
    Visited with my grandad, used tastecard with no problems literally get half of the food bill!
    25 quid for 2 mains, 2 pudds, and 2 drinks. Food was really nice and waiter was fit haha. "
    Posted 9 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • GG said: "Fantastic
    Great food, great personal service. Top notch without being stuffy.

    Thoroughly recommended. "
    Posted 9 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Good "
    Posted 9 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gary said:
    " Excellent food, service and ambience. "
    Posted 11 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kevin said:
    " First visit to Annies' great restaurant serving local dishes. Great value with tastecard!
    Highly recommend, we will be back! "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sixsmith said: "Great Food Great Service
    2nd time I've been here now and it gets better the service is fantastic and the food is really good! "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said:
    " Visited with four people for lunch on a Monday. The place was quiet, the ambience pleasant, the staff polite and attentive, and in it's basement location it offered a welcome break from the bustle of the city centre.
    Perhaps this restaurant is successful because of it's celebrity connection, because the food, though perfectly satisfactory, lacked flair in either preparation or presentation, perhaps more at the standard of a decent works canteen. Despite there being almost as many staff as diners, things started badly with a pot of tea made with cold water. The starters were fine though not exciting and main dishes were served piping hot and gave no cause for complaint. My thick-cut chips though were soggy and greasy and the little pot of baked beans very small. If we had paid full menu price I would have felt very disappointed. With the Tastecard deal it was good value for a city-centre location and we would consider returning. But it isn't 'fine dining'. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Manchester said:
    " Two of us ate here last night and it was perfect. A really good selection of interesting plates for all courses, including the wonderful cheese and onion pie main. Other options (for instance the well-priced steaks) will be on the list for our next visit. Staff were welcoming and the whole experience will lead us to have Annies on our 'go-to' list of local Manchester restaurants.

    Particularly good value with the Tastecard offer! We'll definitely be back! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 23 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • jonathan said: "Hidden gem
    FIRST visit and what a find. Fantic service lovely food and great decor. . Truly a hidden gem. It is like going to a friend's for dinner. .relaxed atmosphere well worth a visit. We will be back. :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 30 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SCOTT said: "Sunday dinner
    My first visit and I was amazed to find the vast restaurant below the tea rooms.
    Our welcome was comical but warm. Food was really nice and homely. Annie's is worth a visit. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said: "Excellent food and service
    Visited Annies last Saturday as accepts taste card on a Saturday.. many places don't. What a find!! The service was excellent with all staff friendly happy and accommodating. The menu was a mix of home cooked northern favourites to specials for all occasions. Upstairs offers a bar.. bar meals and afternoon tea with easy chairs. The restaurant is comfortable..easy music.. tastefully decorated and twinkly lights. We enjoyed a bottle of red pinot grigio and had a delicious meal for an impressive price. What a gem of a place and will most definately return.. a new favourite of mine.. thank you..my sister and I.. first meet in 44 years.. made some good memories.. thank you.. Jane and Julie "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 12 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Good Night
    Food was really good and the staff were every friendly would go ago back again "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • andrew said: "Fantastic Sunday lunch
    I took my friends and family for Sunday lunch and we all found Annie's fantastic good service and good food :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Diana said: "Wonderful
    Called on the off chance. So glad we did
    Staff were fantastic food excellent
    Thankyou will definitely be back "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kathy said: "Brilliant
    Amazing food. Brilliant chap taking charge. Altogether pleasant xxx "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shazbo said: "Great Food / Great Service
    We'll be back!! The service was fantastic and the look was great. Very reasonable prices even without the TasteCard xx "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Drew said: "Fantastic!
    Amazing great quality and quantity food with fast and friendly service in a great place and atmosphere. Live music was a bonus such a talented singer. Definitely will be going back soon! Thank you Annie's! "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • AMANDA said:
    " Fantastic.. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ste said: "First time visit, defo will attend again.
    So we attended for our first ever visit (after going around in circles 3 x times due to the many scaffolds) above and around the premises (which is just located in that alleyway) beside Starbucks and across the road from HSBC. ...Anyhow after being greeted on groundfloor (which is quite like a #Cafe) and led downstairs (which is rather like that of an opulent Hotels Dining area....in a continental European style, quite #Classy decor. ....The service was polite and the gentleman manager stood out exceptionally with a branf of tongue-in-cheek humour (brilliant!). .....The food portions although not huge....were definitely tasty and filling...and mildly flavoured on the lighter side.... ......All in all it was a lovely cosy environment to be seated in and be served by a manager who clearly knew his trade....yet polite n sincere at the same time ~ defo worth another visit sometime! ^ "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • TRACY said: "Really really great place
    My partner and I just had the best dining experience we have had in a long time.The staff were warm and welcoming from the first instance.The restaurant itself is lovely.The bathroom is spotless not a paper towel or noisy hand dryer in sight.Little face cloths to dry your hands on.The food was hot freshly cooked and very very tasty.Our waiter Igor was very attentive.Also the manager Greggs was very welcoming and informed us that our taste card would be excepted on a Saturday evening after 5pm.Which is a bonus as we can't usually use it at weekend.Would recommend to anyone wanting a pleasent dining experience. Will definitely be back. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • YL said: "A Hidden Treasure
    I must admit, I went here pre tatsecard but only for drinks.

    When I did revisit I found the food to be absolutely fantastic. This is gourmet Northern fayre done properly.

    Astonishing value once the discount is applied.

    GO! "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Amanda said:
    " What a lovely evening, live music and singing from the amazing pianist .
    The service received from Gregg was impeccable and a lovely welcome with banners and balloons for my sister in laws birthday celebrations "
    Posted 2 years, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Cath said: "Lovely Place Lovely Food
    We found this lovely little place whilst shopping in Manchester. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the busy city we were delighted to find this quiet, welcoming place with a lovely coffee shop above with comfy sofas and home made cakes, to a lovely atmospheric restaurant downstairs with candles and lots of fairy lights.
    The food was amazing, portion sizes great and service was friendly and warm. Will definitely return x "
    Posted 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adam said: "Excellent place
    When we come to Manchester on a weekend we use Annies as the food is great, service spot on and a nice relaxed atmosphere too. Staff clearly enjoy working here. On our most recent visit Jess served us and nothing was too much trouble. "
    Posted 1 month, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ashley said: "Use This Discount!
    Food, service and place are amazing.
    If I wasn’t full I would want to eat it all again. So relaxing in the noisy city. "
    Posted 1 month, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tom said: "Annie’s
    Highly recommended "
    Posted 1 month, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lesley said: "Lovely
    Tasty food, decent portions. "
    Posted 2 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said: "Superb experience all round
    This restaurant has become a regular favourite with me and the whole family. Great menu, great staff, great food and superb value. "
    Posted 2 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jayne said: "Great Value
    This is somewhere I had been wanting to try for ages and finally persuaded my family to come with me .
    It didn’t quite live to the hype that I had built in my head but it certainly delivered good food at great value with the taste card
    The service was a bit disjointed although the staff were lovely
    There’s a lot of dishes I want to try so we will definitely return but probably not as quick as I thought I would "
    Posted 2 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Helen said: "Food not great
    Service, staff great.. Food however, chips arrived burnt. Had to exchange them. So fish went cold. Ordered coffee, undrinkable and had burnt taste. Didn't drink it but got charged for it. "
    Posted 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MARY said:
    " First visit food and service excellent
    House wine very drinkable and not over priced for the area nice place felt very comfortable will recommend it to friends . "
    Posted 2 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • MARY said: "First visit but it won't be my last i will be back.
    First visit excellent food and service will recommend it to friends and I will certainly be going back soon. "
    Posted 2 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Louise said:
    " Excellent service lovely food and a great atmosphere thank you for a lovely evening x "
    Posted 3 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kamy said:
    " Great.... "
    Posted 3 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cheryl said:
    " Great food, lovely staff and relaxed atmosphere. "
    Posted 3 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KAREN said: "Great birthday meal
    First time here, went for birthday meal with my twin and our families. Way exceeded expectations. Lovely food, setting and good service. definitely going back. "
    Posted 3 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rodders said: "Amazing
    Just go, best food and service ever "
    Posted 4 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Antony said: "21st birthday lunch
    We spent 2 hours here what a lovely place
    staff are so good never felt rushed food was excellent can't fault it we will be back. "
    Posted 4 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • annette said: "Thank you
    Thank you so much, although I've eaten here before, I brought my son for his birthday meal, it was his 1st time, he/we all really enjoyed it.. there were 10 of us, we'll be back again soon.. can't thank you enough, great staff, great food and most of all, a great place to eat. "
    Posted 4 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gavin said: "Just right
    Beautiful food, gorgeous surroundings. Discount was on all food for a party of 7 including 3 x kids meals. Not a scrap was left which is testament to how nice it all was. "
    Posted 5 months, 15 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rob said: "Great Place
    Great restaurant, really good service, great food well worth a visit! "
    Posted 6 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrea said: "Afternoon treat
    I visited the restaurant on 21st Nov. I've been before and thoroughly enjoyed it and was looking forward to introducing my friend.
    We were not disappointed
    We had a 3 course meal and it was all cooked to perfection.
    Richard and Tyler were excellent hosts and waiters. Giving enough time to choose and enjoy each course without us feeling rushed or ignored.
    The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere
    Will definitely return and Recommend.
    We done to you all. "
    Posted 6 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • tan said: "Great Both Times
    Been here twice in the last week using the tastecard, great food and friendly attentive staff, will definitely be back "
    Posted 7 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • James said: "Little Gem
    Great experience from start to finish, easy to book, friendly welcoming and attentive staff, delicious food, nice venue and relaxed atmosphere, can’t go wrong with this choice, we will be back! "
    Posted 7 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said:
    " Great atmosphere, very helpful friendly staff, good service, good food. No hassle with tastecard. Would reccomend
    Jane "
    Posted 7 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Clare said: "Would Highly Recommend To Everyone
    Beautiful food, amazing staff and customer services. Will defiantly be returning and highly recommending. Everything was perfect "
    Posted 7 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Debbie said: "Annies
    A lovely experience "
    Posted 8 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Debbie said: "Annies
    Lovely atmosphere... food amazing...service great. "
    Posted 8 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Small portions on cheese and onion pie & beans, but lovely staff and atmosphere. "
    Posted 8 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DIANE said:
    " Beautiful traditional food.Excellent service.Lovely relaxed atmosphere.would definately recommend. "
    Posted 8 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrea said: "Sunday afternoon treat
    We visited this restaurant 17th sept
    We were greeted and made welcome straightaway.
    The restaurant is lovely with great lighting and a lovely atmosphere.
    Food was ordered and served on a timely manner.
    We had 3 courses and each and everyone was delicious.
    Prices were good value even without a taste card but the fact that we did made it even greater value
    Would definitely return and recommend. "
    Posted 9 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • t said: "Really good.
    Visited with my grandad, used tastecard with no problems literally get half of the food bill!
    25 quid for 2 mains, 2 pudds, and 2 drinks. Food was really nice and waiter was fit haha. "
    Posted 9 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • GG said: "Fantastic
    Great food, great personal service. Top notch without being stuffy.

    Thoroughly recommended. "
    Posted 9 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Good "
    Posted 9 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gary said:
    " Excellent food, service and ambience. "
    Posted 11 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kevin said:
    " First visit to Annies' great restaurant serving local dishes. Great value with tastecard!
    Highly recommend, we will be back! "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sixsmith said: "Great Food Great Service
    2nd time I've been here now and it gets better the service is fantastic and the food is really good! "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrew said:
    " Visited with four people for lunch on a Monday. The place was quiet, the ambience pleasant, the staff polite and attentive, and in it's basement location it offered a welcome break from the bustle of the city centre.
    Perhaps this restaurant is successful because of it's celebrity connection, because the food, though perfectly satisfactory, lacked flair in either preparation or presentation, perhaps more at the standard of a decent works canteen. Despite there being almost as many staff as diners, things started badly with a pot of tea made with cold water. The starters were fine though not exciting and main dishes were served piping hot and gave no cause for complaint. My thick-cut chips though were soggy and greasy and the little pot of baked beans very small. If we had paid full menu price I would have felt very disappointed. With the Tastecard deal it was good value for a city-centre location and we would consider returning. But it isn't 'fine dining'. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Manchester said:
    " Two of us ate here last night and it was perfect. A really good selection of interesting plates for all courses, including the wonderful cheese and onion pie main. Other options (for instance the well-priced steaks) will be on the list for our next visit. Staff were welcoming and the whole experience will lead us to have Annies on our 'go-to' list of local Manchester restaurants.

    Particularly good value with the Tastecard offer! We'll definitely be back! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 23 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • jonathan said: "Hidden gem
    FIRST visit and what a find. Fantic service lovely food and great decor. . Truly a hidden gem. It is like going to a friend's for dinner. .relaxed atmosphere well worth a visit. We will be back. :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 30 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SCOTT said: "Sunday dinner
    My first visit and I was amazed to find the vast restaurant below the tea rooms.
    Our welcome was comical but warm. Food was really nice and homely. Annie's is worth a visit. "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said: "Excellent food and service
    Visited Annies last Saturday as accepts taste card on a Saturday.. many places don't. What a find!! The service was excellent with all staff friendly happy and accommodating. The menu was a mix of home cooked northern favourites to specials for all occasions. Upstairs offers a bar.. bar meals and afternoon tea with easy chairs. The restaurant is comfortable..easy music.. tastefully decorated and twinkly lights. We enjoyed a bottle of red pinot grigio and had a delicious meal for an impressive price. What a gem of a place and will most definately return.. a new favourite of mine.. thank you..my sister and I.. first meet in 44 years.. made some good memories.. thank you.. Jane and Julie "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 12 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Good Night
    Food was really good and the staff were every friendly would go ago back again "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • andrew said: "Fantastic Sunday lunch
    I took my friends and family for Sunday lunch and we all found Annie's fantastic good service and good food :-) "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Diana said: "Wonderful
    Called on the off chance. So glad we did
    Staff were fantastic food excellent
    Thankyou will definitely be back "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kathy said: "Brilliant
    Amazing food. Brilliant chap taking charge. Altogether pleasant xxx "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shazbo said: "Great Food / Great Service
    We'll be back!! The service was fantastic and the look was great. Very reasonable prices even without the TasteCard xx "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Drew said: "Fantastic!
    Amazing great quality and quantity food with fast and friendly service in a great place and atmosphere. Live music was a bonus such a talented singer. Definitely will be going back soon! Thank you Annie's! "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • AMANDA said:
    " Fantastic.. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ste said: "First time visit, defo will attend again.
    So we attended for our first ever visit (after going around in circles 3 x times due to the many scaffolds) above and around the premises (which is just located in that alleyway) beside Starbucks and across the road from HSBC. ...Anyhow after being greeted on groundfloor (which is quite like a #Cafe) and led downstairs (which is rather like that of an opulent Hotels Dining area....in a continental European style, quite #Classy decor. ....The service was polite and the gentleman manager stood out exceptionally with a branf of tongue-in-cheek humour (brilliant!). .....The food portions although not huge....were definitely tasty and filling...and mildly flavoured on the lighter side.... ......All in all it was a lovely cosy environment to be seated in and be served by a manager who clearly knew his trade....yet polite n sincere at the same time ~ defo worth another visit sometime! ^ "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • TRACY said: "Really really great place
    My partner and I just had the best dining experience we have had in a long time.The staff were warm and welcoming from the first instance.The restaurant itself is lovely.The bathroom is spotless not a paper towel or noisy hand dryer in sight.Little face cloths to dry your hands on.The food was hot freshly cooked and very very tasty.Our waiter Igor was very attentive.Also the manager Greggs was very welcoming and informed us that our taste card would be excepted on a Saturday evening after 5pm.Which is a bonus as we can't usually use it at weekend.Would recommend to anyone wanting a pleasent dining experience. Will definitely be back. "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • YL said: "A Hidden Treasure
    I must admit, I went here pre tatsecard but only for drinks.

    When I did revisit I found the food to be absolutely fantastic. This is gourmet Northern fayre done properly.

    Astonishing value once the discount is applied.

    GO! "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Amanda said:
    " What a lovely evening, live music and singing from the amazing pianist .
    The service received from Gregg was impeccable and a lovely welcome with banners and balloons for my sister in laws birthday celebrations "
    Posted 2 years, 8 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals