Search
50% off food billMaximum of 6 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
The Church Chester - Bar Restaurant & Venue image
The Church Chester - Bar Restaurant & Venue image
The Church Chester - Bar Restaurant & Venue image
The Church Chester - Bar Restaurant & Venue image
The Church Chester - Bar Restaurant & Venue image

50% off at The Church Chester - Bar Restaurant & Venue

It is essential that members book in advance at least 2 hours before going to the venue via phone or online and mention their discount cards in order for the offer to be valid. Not available on the Sundays.

One of Chester’s hidden gems, The Church is an incredible bar and restaurant hosted in, as the name spells out, a converted church, which has been awarded by the Chester Civic Trust for the refurbishment that not only preserved the architecture but furnished the location in fantastic style.

As guests take in the incredible décor of the place they can indulge themselves in some exemplary nibbles and appetisers from Europe to Asia and beyond. There are some splendid starters like the enticing French dish of Fish Tian, a mixture of seabass, smoked mackerel and salmon topped with dilled butter and paired with a garlic and rosemary crostini, and the charming tarlet of Provencal vegetables, complete with honey glazed goats cheese and warm caramelised red onion.

Also available as an appetiser and perfect for groups preparing for a roaring night out is the gargantuan Church Platter, an engorging ensemble consisting of tempura prawns, duck spring rolls, chicken liver pate, breaded garlic mushrooms and balsamic glazed sausages, just to name a few items served.

A myriad mouth-watering mains fill the menu, with succulent steaks, refreshing salads and splendid fajitas coming in many forms, yet the speciality of The Church are the ‘hanging skewers’, all consisting of a wide selection of ingredients on a massive skewer. Two highly recommended examples are the mixed seafood skewer, containing king prawns, seabass and scallops and served with wild rice and a langoustine sauce, and the mixed grill skewer, rammed with smoked bacon, rump steak and minted lamb chop with a basket of fries and a creamy peppercorn sauce.

Not only is The Church a fabulous restaurant and bar but an ideally located one as well, being close to the Grosvenor Shopping Centre and the historical Chester Roman Ampitheatre, the largest in all of the UK and a great spot for some gladiator photo shots.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is available Monday to Thursday. The discount is not available on Bank Holidays or Celebration Days including, but not limited to, Valentine's Day, Father's Day, Mothering Sunday, etc. The offer is available on starters, mains, desserts & children’s menu, it does not include any subsections i.e pizzas, burgers, nibbles, skewers, grill etc Nibbles Menu, Steaks etc and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.

View all reviews
The Church Chester - Bar Restaurant & Venue
Average member score
4.9 36
Diner rating
Excellent
34
Very good
1
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Peter said "Fantastic experience
They've been open for 6 years and this is the first time we've been. Tragedy! It is a..."
Read more
Bob said
" It was a brilliant night"
Read more
David said "Brilliant night
We took my girlfriends sister and boyfriend and had a fantastic meal and the girls loved the..."
Read more
Jonno said "Great Night
Excellent food and all round too night"
Read more
Helen said "Excellent
Unique ambiance great service and food"
Read more
Phillip said "Pre theatre dinner
Excellent food and service.
Pleased to recommend this unusual and atmospheric..."
Read more
arnold said "Late lunch in chester
Exceptionally friendly and polite staff
Real ale excellent
Prawn starter full of..."
Read more
Ange said "Pleasantly Surprised
Hidden Gem, excellent food and great staff. Will be back!"
Read more
"Little Gem
Came for lunch and was greeted by friendly staff, two girls upstairs were very helpful and..."
Read more
Paul said "Superb
Superb restaurant"
Read more
Newlyweds said "An Amazing Place
Wow what can I say? This place is amazing, fantastic setting, amazing food and delightful staff!..."
Read more
Debbie said "Great
Lovely surrounding and food back for second year for our aniversary."
Read more
Jason said "Church bar Chester
Great food, great service...... Great deal !!"
Read more
Judith said "The Church Chester
Beautiful place with fabulous food and very helpful staff. Would 100% recommend if you are in..."
Read more
Denise said "Lovely Lunch
Called in for cocktails (2 for £8) and food
Both drinks and food were lovely, staff very..."
Read more
Gareth said "Excellent Night
Had a great time here, there are a couple of things from the menu not included with the card but..."
Read more
Fi said "Exceptional
Have been several times with friends as we like it that much and never been disappointed. Food is..."
Read more
J said "Great spontaneous evening
Travelled to Cheshire Oaks, and decided to venture into Chester for dinner. We rang to book a..."
Read more
" Excellent food"
Read more
Clare said "Gorgeous Venue, Staff And Food
Came here with family. Sat upstairs, lovely service, nice wine and just amazing fresh tasty food...."
Read more
Civic25 said "Shame about the food
Beautiful setting in an old church. Restaurant area is upstairs and we were seated by s beautiful..."
Read more
Graham said "Divine INSPIRATION
Called for lunch.
Stunningly refurbished,friendly staff.
Good beer,excellent..."
Read more
Karen said "Fantastic Eating Experience
Are at the church two nights running,as we enjoyed the whole experience. As soon as you..."
Read more
Philip said "The Excellent Church
Welcoming and friendly on our Wednesday evening dining experience, food and service couldn't..."
Read more
Steve said "Excellent Staff
Staff were excellent food good no complaints"
Read more
Hannah said
" Good place to eat and drink. With good menu all round"
Read more
Jane said "Nice meal
Food was good - good size portions for main course and dessert."
Read more
Stephen said
" Excellent food,good portions."
Read more
Gwen said
" Excellent all round experience"
Read more
RUFUS said
" Fantastic place to eat.
Super atmosphere.
High quality food.
So glad my..."
Read more
" Wonderful,great food,service and atmosphere"
Read more
Chris said "Very Good Night
Great night, food and staff were fantastic, but the seats were poor tucked in the corner but..."
Read more
" was class"
Read more
VB said "Amazing Value!
Friends and I had a great meal here a few weeks ago. Great service, nice atmosphere and such good..."
Read more
Kent said "Great Experience
I had been before for drinks and didn't realise they did food. I saw it on tastecard and..."
Read more
Marvin said "Drove From Manchester Just For Lunch
Myself and partner love the place so much we regularly drive over from Manchester for lunch here,..."
Read more
  • Peter said: "Fantastic experience
    They've been open for 6 years and this is the first time we've been. Tragedy! It is a brilliant experience.
    It's an old converted church with the organ pipes and keyboard still in place. But now on two levels with cosy ambient lighting, there is spacious comfortable seating and a huge centre bar, stocked with every drink you could imagine. Cocktails are their speciality but I would suggest their food is too. Reasonably priced and a good selection - although not all menu items are available on Tastecard. "
    Posted 2 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bob said:
    " It was a brilliant night "
    Posted 4 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Brilliant night
    We took my girlfriends sister and boyfriend and had a fantastic meal and the girls loved the cocktails "
    Posted 5 months, 14 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jonno said: "Great Night
    Excellent food and all round too night "
    Posted 5 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Helen said: "Excellent
    Unique ambiance great service and food "
    Posted 6 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Phillip said: "Pre theatre dinner
    Excellent food and service.
    Pleased to recommend this unusual and atmospheric restaurant.
    Prawn starters great followed by pie of the day and fajitas.
    Fabulous value with Taste Card. "
    Posted 6 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • arnold said: "Late lunch in chester
    Exceptionally friendly and polite staff
    Real ale excellent
    Prawn starter full of favour taste mixed grill skewers excellent
    Very nice building atomsphere
    Will call again "
    Posted 6 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ange said: "Pleasantly Surprised
    Hidden Gem, excellent food and great staff. Will be back! "
    Posted 6 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Little Gem
    Came for lunch and was greeted by friendly staff, two girls upstairs were very helpful and friendly. Seafood hanging skewer was amazing! Definitely recommended using your taster card here fantastic offer. "
    Posted 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Superb
    Superb restaurant "
    Posted 7 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Newlyweds said: "An Amazing Place
    Wow what can I say? This place is amazing, fantastic setting, amazing food and delightful staff! I would highly recommend visiting "
    Posted 8 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Debbie said: "Great
    Lovely surrounding and food back for second year for our aniversary. "
    Posted 8 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jason said: "Church bar Chester
    Great food, great service...... Great deal !! "
    Posted 9 months, 1 day ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Judith said: "The Church Chester
    Beautiful place with fabulous food and very helpful staff. Would 100% recommend if you are in Chester. "
    Posted 10 months, 19 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Denise said: "Lovely Lunch
    Called in for cocktails (2 for £8) and food
    Both drinks and food were lovely, staff very friendly and helpful. Used taste card even though didn’t book in advance "
    Posted 11 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gareth said: "Excellent Night
    Had a great time here, there are a couple of things from the menu not included with the card but they are minimal and there is plenty of choice still.
    The food was excellent and everyone that worked there was friendly and attentive.
    Will definitely be returning. "
    Posted 1 year, 16 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Fi said: "Exceptional
    Have been several times with friends as we like it that much and never been disappointed. Food is always gorgeous. Staff very friendly and accommodating nothing is too much trouble. Fabulous atmosphere. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • J said: "Great spontaneous evening
    Travelled to Cheshire Oaks, and decided to venture into Chester for dinner. We rang to book a table for asap, they told us to come on down - they said normally you wound have to book 2 hours in advance to use the card but they allowed us to use it still, which was very nice of them. Food was served quick, and it was gorgeous. Will definitely be visiting again soon. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Excellent food "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Clare said: "Gorgeous Venue, Staff And Food
    Came here with family. Sat upstairs, lovely service, nice wine and just amazing fresh tasty food. Will definitely go back.
    Thank you "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Civic25 said: "Shame about the food
    Beautiful setting in an old church. Restaurant area is upstairs and we were seated by s beautiful stained glass window.
    Cocktail menu extensive but expensive
    Really disappointed with some of the food though. My Mushroom in terracotta dish tasted as though they had cream poured over at the last minute. Usuallycream thickens when cooked but this was just thin and watery. Terrine of chicken starter looked nice and my partner had no complaints. What was the most disappointi g however was my main of the fish skewer, supposedly a house special. Sauce was Devine but the cooking of the fish left a lot to desired. Over cooked scallop and prawns and the fish all had the skin left on which is fine when fried and crispy but when wet and flabby is another matter. Won't be visiting again. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Graham said: "Divine INSPIRATION
    Called for lunch.
    Stunningly refurbished,friendly staff.
    Good beer,excellent food,well and uniquely presented,sometimes on hanging skewers.
    Would definitely recommend,wished we lived nearer.TC application no problem,they agreed a booking 10mins before arrival as an exception. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Fantastic Eating Experience
    Are at the church two nights running,as we enjoyed the whole experience. As soon as you approached the fantastic building, which looked awesome from the outside.The inside was as fantastic. Staff very friendly food was well presented and tasty.Had the sharing platter to start, there was loads for 3 but would have easily,fed 4 as a starter. Had a prawn sizzling dish which was lovely, also had the hanging skewers, (seafood and mixed grill) both of which were very good.Had Eton mess to finish which was lovely. Finished off by having a couple of cocktails, which were fabulous.Will definitely go back next time we are in chester. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Philip said: "The Excellent Church
    Welcoming and friendly on our Wednesday evening dining experience, food and service couldn't be faulted. Well done. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said: "Excellent Staff
    Staff were excellent food good no complaints "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hannah said:
    " Good place to eat and drink. With good menu all round "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said: "Nice meal
    Food was good - good size portions for main course and dessert. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stephen said:
    " Excellent food,good portions. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gwen said:
    " Excellent all round experience "
    Posted 2 years, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • RUFUS said:
    " Fantastic place to eat.
    Super atmosphere.
    High quality food.
    So glad my daughter is at Uni in Chester!
    We will be back. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Wonderful,great food,service and atmosphere "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chris said: "Very Good Night
    Great night, food and staff were fantastic, but the seats were poor tucked in the corner but other than that would definitely visit again soon! "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " was class "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • VB said: "Amazing Value!
    Friends and I had a great meal here a few weeks ago. Great service, nice atmosphere and such good value with 50% off! Don't think twice :). "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kent said: "Great Experience
    I had been before for drinks and didn't realise they did food. I saw it on tastecard and thought we'd give it a try. I wasn't disappointed and would have been more than happy to pay full price. Tastecard 50% off the food bill makes it excellent value. I would highly recommend. Our server (young girl blonde hair, Katy?) was superb, she was friendly and very efficient. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marvin said: "Drove From Manchester Just For Lunch
    Myself and partner love the place so much we regularly drive over from Manchester for lunch here, and now they take Taste - winner winner.... "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 1 day ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Peter said: "Fantastic experience
    They've been open for 6 years and this is the first time we've been. Tragedy! It is a brilliant experience.
    It's an old converted church with the organ pipes and keyboard still in place. But now on two levels with cosy ambient lighting, there is spacious comfortable seating and a huge centre bar, stocked with every drink you could imagine. Cocktails are their speciality but I would suggest their food is too. Reasonably priced and a good selection - although not all menu items are available on Tastecard. "
    Posted 2 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bob said:
    " It was a brilliant night "
    Posted 4 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • David said: "Brilliant night
    We took my girlfriends sister and boyfriend and had a fantastic meal and the girls loved the cocktails "
    Posted 5 months, 14 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jonno said: "Great Night
    Excellent food and all round too night "
    Posted 5 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Helen said: "Excellent
    Unique ambiance great service and food "
    Posted 6 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Phillip said: "Pre theatre dinner
    Excellent food and service.
    Pleased to recommend this unusual and atmospheric restaurant.
    Prawn starters great followed by pie of the day and fajitas.
    Fabulous value with Taste Card. "
    Posted 6 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • arnold said: "Late lunch in chester
    Exceptionally friendly and polite staff
    Real ale excellent
    Prawn starter full of favour taste mixed grill skewers excellent
    Very nice building atomsphere
    Will call again "
    Posted 6 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ange said: "Pleasantly Surprised
    Hidden Gem, excellent food and great staff. Will be back! "
    Posted 6 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Little Gem
    Came for lunch and was greeted by friendly staff, two girls upstairs were very helpful and friendly. Seafood hanging skewer was amazing! Definitely recommended using your taster card here fantastic offer. "
    Posted 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Superb
    Superb restaurant "
    Posted 7 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Newlyweds said: "An Amazing Place
    Wow what can I say? This place is amazing, fantastic setting, amazing food and delightful staff! I would highly recommend visiting "
    Posted 8 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Debbie said: "Great
    Lovely surrounding and food back for second year for our aniversary. "
    Posted 8 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jason said: "Church bar Chester
    Great food, great service...... Great deal !! "
    Posted 9 months, 1 day ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Judith said: "The Church Chester
    Beautiful place with fabulous food and very helpful staff. Would 100% recommend if you are in Chester. "
    Posted 10 months, 19 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Denise said: "Lovely Lunch
    Called in for cocktails (2 for £8) and food
    Both drinks and food were lovely, staff very friendly and helpful. Used taste card even though didn’t book in advance "
    Posted 11 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gareth said: "Excellent Night
    Had a great time here, there are a couple of things from the menu not included with the card but they are minimal and there is plenty of choice still.
    The food was excellent and everyone that worked there was friendly and attentive.
    Will definitely be returning. "
    Posted 1 year, 16 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Fi said: "Exceptional
    Have been several times with friends as we like it that much and never been disappointed. Food is always gorgeous. Staff very friendly and accommodating nothing is too much trouble. Fabulous atmosphere. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • J said: "Great spontaneous evening
    Travelled to Cheshire Oaks, and decided to venture into Chester for dinner. We rang to book a table for asap, they told us to come on down - they said normally you wound have to book 2 hours in advance to use the card but they allowed us to use it still, which was very nice of them. Food was served quick, and it was gorgeous. Will definitely be visiting again soon. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Excellent food "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Clare said: "Gorgeous Venue, Staff And Food
    Came here with family. Sat upstairs, lovely service, nice wine and just amazing fresh tasty food. Will definitely go back.
    Thank you "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Civic25 said: "Shame about the food
    Beautiful setting in an old church. Restaurant area is upstairs and we were seated by s beautiful stained glass window.
    Cocktail menu extensive but expensive
    Really disappointed with some of the food though. My Mushroom in terracotta dish tasted as though they had cream poured over at the last minute. Usuallycream thickens when cooked but this was just thin and watery. Terrine of chicken starter looked nice and my partner had no complaints. What was the most disappointi g however was my main of the fish skewer, supposedly a house special. Sauce was Devine but the cooking of the fish left a lot to desired. Over cooked scallop and prawns and the fish all had the skin left on which is fine when fried and crispy but when wet and flabby is another matter. Won't be visiting again. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Graham said: "Divine INSPIRATION
    Called for lunch.
    Stunningly refurbished,friendly staff.
    Good beer,excellent food,well and uniquely presented,sometimes on hanging skewers.
    Would definitely recommend,wished we lived nearer.TC application no problem,they agreed a booking 10mins before arrival as an exception. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Fantastic Eating Experience
    Are at the church two nights running,as we enjoyed the whole experience. As soon as you approached the fantastic building, which looked awesome from the outside.The inside was as fantastic. Staff very friendly food was well presented and tasty.Had the sharing platter to start, there was loads for 3 but would have easily,fed 4 as a starter. Had a prawn sizzling dish which was lovely, also had the hanging skewers, (seafood and mixed grill) both of which were very good.Had Eton mess to finish which was lovely. Finished off by having a couple of cocktails, which were fabulous.Will definitely go back next time we are in chester. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Philip said: "The Excellent Church
    Welcoming and friendly on our Wednesday evening dining experience, food and service couldn't be faulted. Well done. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said: "Excellent Staff
    Staff were excellent food good no complaints "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hannah said:
    " Good place to eat and drink. With good menu all round "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jane said: "Nice meal
    Food was good - good size portions for main course and dessert. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Stephen said:
    " Excellent food,good portions. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gwen said:
    " Excellent all round experience "
    Posted 2 years, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • RUFUS said:
    " Fantastic place to eat.
    Super atmosphere.
    High quality food.
    So glad my daughter is at Uni in Chester!
    We will be back. "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Wonderful,great food,service and atmosphere "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Chris said: "Very Good Night
    Great night, food and staff were fantastic, but the seats were poor tucked in the corner but other than that would definitely visit again soon! "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " was class "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • VB said: "Amazing Value!
    Friends and I had a great meal here a few weeks ago. Great service, nice atmosphere and such good value with 50% off! Don't think twice :). "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kent said: "Great Experience
    I had been before for drinks and didn't realise they did food. I saw it on tastecard and thought we'd give it a try. I wasn't disappointed and would have been more than happy to pay full price. Tastecard 50% off the food bill makes it excellent value. I would highly recommend. Our server (young girl blonde hair, Katy?) was superb, she was friendly and very efficient. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marvin said: "Drove From Manchester Just For Lunch
    Myself and partner love the place so much we regularly drive over from Manchester for lunch here, and now they take Taste - winner winner.... "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 1 day ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals