Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
Teppanyaki Chinatown image
Teppanyaki Chinatown image
Teppanyaki Chinatown image
Teppanyaki Chinatown image
Teppanyaki Chinatown image

2 for 1 at Teppanyaki Chinatown

Only A La Carte menu, multiple cards can be used

Named after the style of cuisine that gets its diners excited, Teppanyaki Chinatown specialises in the entertaining style of cooking known as Teppanyaki.

First introduced in 1945 in order for Japanese cuisine to assimilate with Western style steak houses, Teppanyaki cooking is as much an experience as it is a feast, as diners get to watch everything cook right before their eyes on a gigantic iron plate, or teppan, by the chef.

These talented chefs don’t only know how to put on a show, they also know how to cook with skill and an immense knowledge of their craft, which is why they insist only using only the best ingredients. Free range eggs and chicken from Cumbria, 28 day aged beef from English and Scottish farms, and multi-award winning ‘Loch Duart’ salmon are but a handful of the ingredients they use.

A wealth of colourful sushi dishes are available as starters, or en masse as an entrée, while plenty of irresistible meats, such as fillet steak, and seafood, including scallops and lobster, are cooked on the teppan for the main event.

Plenty of hot appetisers, as well as veggie friendly dishes, are also available, so all walks of life will find something utterly delicious to try. There are also some tantalising desserts available, both British and Japanese, in order to end the meal on a sweet note.

Diners in Manchester are able to enjoy the sights, smells, and sounds of sizzling meat on the grill at an excellent price, thanks to Teppanyaki Chinatown’s new acceptance of the tastecard. Those who call in advance with their cards can be treated to a memorable evening with a massive discount.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount is not available throughout December or on Bank Holidays, Bank Holiday Weekends or Celebration Days including, but not limited to, Valentine's Day, Mothering Sunday, Father's Day, etc. The discount only applies to courses ordered from the main A La Carte menu. Multiple cards can be used, however, a maximum table size of 6. The opening times are as follows: 15:00 – 23:00 on Monday – Thursday and from 12:00 – 23:00 Friday – Sunday

View all reviews
Teppanyaki Chinatown
Average member score
4.8 24
Diner rating
Excellent
21
Very good
2
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Oliver said "Bad Experience
Food was bland, tasteless, and not good value for money even with the Tastecard. There are much..."
Read more
Nick said "In Mancs For The Night
Saw this place on here. Thought we’d give it a try. Place had others diners in, always a good..."
Read more
Laura said "Fantastic Food
Booked a meal for our wedding anniversary as we were staying in Manchester. We turned up on time..."
Read more
Janet said "Lovely Food
Very nice
Staff lovely"
Read more
Jenny said "Definitely Recommend
A little tucked away in a back street we'd never have found this gem had it not been for..."
Read more
Steve said "Beautiful Food
Sunday lunch, something different.
Our son loved the theatre of the chef at the table, will..."
Read more
Brayan said
" Really nice experience the food was so tasty will definitely come back again !!!"
Read more
Michael said "Fantastic Japanese Teppanyaki
I love going to teppanyaki restaurants as they are so entertaining and this was no different...."
Read more
" Amazing food and service couldn’t fault it! A dining experience"
Read more
STEPHANIE said "Really nice experience
Came for daughters birthday she's a vegatarian and wanted to try something different had a..."
Read more
Shaf said "Great Experience
Awesome service and polite staff, using the taste card saved us £30, great atmosphere and took a..."
Read more
Lee said "Wow
Fantastic food and great service"
Read more
Wendyjones said "Fab!
Lovely food - thank you"
Read more
S said
" Wonderful food and service"
Read more
N said "Good food.
Really really good.. service was impeccable and good was amazing too"
Read more
Mobeena said "Lovely food
The food was Lovely, chef was lovely..food was cooked right infront of us by friendly chef. The..."
Read more
Kevin said "Highly recommended
Delicious food and friendly staff."
Read more
Saron said "great
great"
Read more
Sami said "Great Food And Service
6 of us went for a birthday and have to say all of us enjoyed the place very much. The food was..."
Read more
Matt said "Great Quality Food And Service
Thanks guys a terrific meal and great service."
Read more
" Great vibe for singles, romance, or family. Good and service phenomenal and great portion size."
Read more
Alex said "Superb As Always
Best place to eat in China town"
Read more
Gemma said
" Excellent"
Read more
Michael said "Excellent
It was date night for me and my significant other. We were heading to the steak and lobster..."
Read more
  • Oliver said: "Bad Experience
    Food was bland, tasteless, and not good value for money even with the Tastecard. There are much better Tastecard places in Manchester. At the end of the meal we were asked to provide ID in order to use Tastecard, which is NOT part of the deal. "
    Posted 2 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said: "In Mancs For The Night
    Saw this place on here. Thought we’d give it a try. Place had others diners in, always a good sign as other places were empty. Chef was called Ronnie, nice chap. Engaging and highly experienced. Servers were friendly too. Highly recommend "
    Posted 10 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Laura said: "Fantastic Food
    Booked a meal for our wedding anniversary as we were staying in Manchester. We turned up on time just as a table of 14 turned up who hadn’t booked. We waited a long time for our order to be taken and it was a big wait for our food. But it was definitely worth the wait. Fantastic food. Will visit again! "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Janet said: "Lovely Food
    Very nice
    Staff lovely "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jenny said: "Definitely Recommend
    A little tucked away in a back street we'd never have found this gem had it not been for taste card! Very generous portions - we literally rolled out the door with full tums. Fresh and tasty food cooked to order in front of your eyes. We didn't know our culinary treat would be combined with live entertainment! A definite recommend - with or without taste card! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said: "Beautiful Food
    Sunday lunch, something different.
    Our son loved the theatre of the chef at the table, will definately come again even if its out of card use. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brayan said:
    " Really nice experience the food was so tasty will definitely come back again !!! "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Michael said: "Fantastic Japanese Teppanyaki
    I love going to teppanyaki restaurants as they are so entertaining and this was no different. Great food, great sake (I recommend trying the half bottles for quality sake) and great entertainment as well. We had the ebi tempura and mixed meat Yakitori for starter and fillet steak and scallops teppanyaki for mains and all the food was outstanding, especially the scallops! Highly recommended. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Amazing food and service couldn’t fault it! A dining experience "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • STEPHANIE said: "Really nice experience
    Came for daughters birthday she's a vegatarian and wanted to try something different had a really nice time and would Defo come back "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shaf said: "Great Experience
    Awesome service and polite staff, using the taste card saved us £30, great atmosphere and took a gamble taking my Mrs there for her birthday... couldn't fault the experience ... do yourself s favour, take the card save yourself a load of cash and go :) "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Wow
    Fantastic food and great service "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Wendyjones said: "Fab!
    Lovely food - thank you "
    Posted 2 years, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • S said:
    " Wonderful food and service "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • N said: "Good food.
    Really really good.. service was impeccable and good was amazing too "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mobeena said: "Lovely food
    The food was Lovely, chef was lovely..food was cooked right infront of us by friendly chef. The staff are lovely. Definitely worth visiting. My only downside and very minor point was they forgot to bring me my drink but still 5 stars all round. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kevin said: "Highly recommended
    Delicious food and friendly staff. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Saron said: "great
    great "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sami said: "Great Food And Service
    6 of us went for a birthday and have to say all of us enjoyed the place very much. The food was good and the service was exceptional. Didn't realise this place has been running for 29 years "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Matt said: "Great Quality Food And Service
    Thanks guys a terrific meal and great service. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great vibe for singles, romance, or family. Good and service phenomenal and great portion size. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 30 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alex said: "Superb As Always
    Best place to eat in China town "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 20 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gemma said:
    " Excellent "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Michael said: "Excellent
    It was date night for me and my significant other. We were heading to the steak and lobster resteraunt but were turned away due to a private event. With lobster on our mind, we googled and tastecarded all the resteraunts we could within a 1km until alas, we came across Chinatown teppenyaki. I am so glad we did. Our trip here was far better than our initial plans, I expect.

    The food was awesome and the chef had real showmanship when cooking it right at your table. He was eager to interact with the customers and really went the extra mile to deliver a good dining experience. The waiters were also great and very informative when explaining the menu. The taste card was easily accepted and offered superb value for money. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 26 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Oliver said: "Bad Experience
    Food was bland, tasteless, and not good value for money even with the Tastecard. There are much better Tastecard places in Manchester. At the end of the meal we were asked to provide ID in order to use Tastecard, which is NOT part of the deal. "
    Posted 2 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nick said: "In Mancs For The Night
    Saw this place on here. Thought we’d give it a try. Place had others diners in, always a good sign as other places were empty. Chef was called Ronnie, nice chap. Engaging and highly experienced. Servers were friendly too. Highly recommend "
    Posted 10 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Laura said: "Fantastic Food
    Booked a meal for our wedding anniversary as we were staying in Manchester. We turned up on time just as a table of 14 turned up who hadn’t booked. We waited a long time for our order to be taken and it was a big wait for our food. But it was definitely worth the wait. Fantastic food. Will visit again! "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Janet said: "Lovely Food
    Very nice
    Staff lovely "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jenny said: "Definitely Recommend
    A little tucked away in a back street we'd never have found this gem had it not been for taste card! Very generous portions - we literally rolled out the door with full tums. Fresh and tasty food cooked to order in front of your eyes. We didn't know our culinary treat would be combined with live entertainment! A definite recommend - with or without taste card! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steve said: "Beautiful Food
    Sunday lunch, something different.
    Our son loved the theatre of the chef at the table, will definately come again even if its out of card use. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brayan said:
    " Really nice experience the food was so tasty will definitely come back again !!! "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Michael said: "Fantastic Japanese Teppanyaki
    I love going to teppanyaki restaurants as they are so entertaining and this was no different. Great food, great sake (I recommend trying the half bottles for quality sake) and great entertainment as well. We had the ebi tempura and mixed meat Yakitori for starter and fillet steak and scallops teppanyaki for mains and all the food was outstanding, especially the scallops! Highly recommended. "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Amazing food and service couldn’t fault it! A dining experience "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 28 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • STEPHANIE said: "Really nice experience
    Came for daughters birthday she's a vegatarian and wanted to try something different had a really nice time and would Defo come back "
    Posted 1 year, 8 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shaf said: "Great Experience
    Awesome service and polite staff, using the taste card saved us £30, great atmosphere and took a gamble taking my Mrs there for her birthday... couldn't fault the experience ... do yourself s favour, take the card save yourself a load of cash and go :) "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lee said: "Wow
    Fantastic food and great service "
    Posted 1 year, 11 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Wendyjones said: "Fab!
    Lovely food - thank you "
    Posted 2 years, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • S said:
    " Wonderful food and service "
    Posted 2 years, 2 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • N said: "Good food.
    Really really good.. service was impeccable and good was amazing too "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mobeena said: "Lovely food
    The food was Lovely, chef was lovely..food was cooked right infront of us by friendly chef. The staff are lovely. Definitely worth visiting. My only downside and very minor point was they forgot to bring me my drink but still 5 stars all round. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kevin said: "Highly recommended
    Delicious food and friendly staff. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Saron said: "great
    great "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sami said: "Great Food And Service
    6 of us went for a birthday and have to say all of us enjoyed the place very much. The food was good and the service was exceptional. Didn't realise this place has been running for 29 years "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Matt said: "Great Quality Food And Service
    Thanks guys a terrific meal and great service. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great vibe for singles, romance, or family. Good and service phenomenal and great portion size. "
    Posted 2 years, 7 months, 30 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alex said: "Superb As Always
    Best place to eat in China town "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 20 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gemma said:
    " Excellent "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Michael said: "Excellent
    It was date night for me and my significant other. We were heading to the steak and lobster resteraunt but were turned away due to a private event. With lobster on our mind, we googled and tastecarded all the resteraunts we could within a 1km until alas, we came across Chinatown teppenyaki. I am so glad we did. Our trip here was far better than our initial plans, I expect.

    The food was awesome and the chef had real showmanship when cooking it right at your table. He was eager to interact with the customers and really went the extra mile to deliver a good dining experience. The waiters were also great and very informative when explaining the menu. The taste card was easily accepted and offered superb value for money. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 26 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals