Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredSaturday restrictionAvailable December
View Menu
The Blue Legume image
The Blue Legume image
The Blue Legume image
The Blue Legume image
The Blue Legume image

2 for 1 at The Blue Legume

Come one come all to Blue Legume on Upper Street in London, where a dedicated team of staff will do their utmost to ensure that each and customer has an unforgettable dining experience.

The exquisite eatery combines the rustic with the contemporary, with bare brick walls, oak tables and pristine wooden flooring working with a mouth-watering, modern food offering that provides a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach.

Using locally sourced, seasonal produce wherever possible, the passionate people of Blue Legume have developed a menu influenced by all that is great in Britain and the Mediterranean. From the Iberica reserva, a platter of delicately sliced and divine Iberian pork shoulder ham, and the moule mariniere, a glorious bowl of mussels in a white wine and cream sauce, to the heavenly crispy pancetta accompanied scallops and the grilled goats cheese with beetroot and walnuts, the assortment of starters offer a distinctiveness that is only enhanced by what’s to come.

With much available to satisfy carnivorous cravings and herbivorous appetites alike, the list of main courses are as enticing as they come. Particularly delightful options can be found in the succulent rib eye steak, the delectable chicken breast cassoulet, which is slow cooked and complemented by sausage and white beans, and the vegetable moussaka, layers of grilled vegetables with béchamel, that are only to be compared with their selection of fish and pasta dishes. The tasty pea and mint risotto and the sumptuous sea bass make for two wonderful examples of such, while the enchanting crab and crayfish linguine is a fabulous combination of the two.

With the Highgate Cricket and Lawn Tennis Club, the fantastic Emirates Football Stadium, and the iconic Kensington Palace all just a stone’s throw away, Blue Legume is in the ideal spot for a magnificent feast after competing in, or watching, a game, or amidst a sightseeing day of exploration.

Important Information

Please note that the Tastecard discount does not apply on the lunch menu which is served until 4.30pm

View all reviews
The Blue Legume
Average member score
4.8 13
Diner rating
Excellent
11
Very good
2
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
" Best Calamari in Town. What's your secret?"
Read more
Billy said
" Regular visitor to this restaurant and it's always great. Terrific food service and atmosphere!"
Read more
Nh said
" Very good and freshfood.
Good service.
Agreeable atmosphere
Will go again!!"
Read more
Jo said "Lovely meal
Good choice for vegetarians and very tasty."
Read more
DJPJ said "Lovely
Had a great time. Good decor and atmosphere. Great customer service. Lovely tasty food...."
Read more
Jonathan said
" Really nice atmosphere and great place!"
Read more
Joey said "Lovely staff and nice summer setting
Went here for first time. Nice quality food for a good price and a fab location on Upper Street...."
Read more
Kim said "Stuffed Aubergine
Good veggie options loved the stuffed aubergines and ginger presse"
Read more
Angela said
" Second time I come and as great as the first time."
Read more
Verity said "Delicious!
Great place! Calamari was one of the best I've had in some time. Ravioli lovely! Only slight..."
Read more
ANTHONY said "Fantastic place
Very nice feel to the restaurant staff brilliant so nice food was very well presented and very..."
Read more
JAMES said "Excellent
Nice atmosphere, great food, prompt and polite service"
Read more
. said
" ."
Read more
  • " Best Calamari in Town. What's your secret? "
    Posted 1 month, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Billy said:
    " Regular visitor to this restaurant and it's always great. Terrific food service and atmosphere! "
    Posted 2 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nh said:
    " Very good and freshfood.
    Good service.
    Agreeable atmosphere
    Will go again!! "
    Posted 2 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jo said: "Lovely meal
    Good choice for vegetarians and very tasty. "
    Posted 2 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DJPJ said: "Lovely
    Had a great time. Good decor and atmosphere. Great customer service. Lovely tasty food. We'll most definitely be back "
    Posted 3 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jonathan said:
    " Really nice atmosphere and great place! "
    Posted 4 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joey said: "Lovely staff and nice summer setting
    Went here for first time. Nice quality food for a good price and a fab location on Upper Street. Managed a score one of the few tables on the footpath. Opposite the Islington Town Hall.Staff were friendly. Food was good quality and presented nicely. We were not rushed even though in prime location. Top marks for this old Islington establishment. "
    Posted 4 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kim said: "Stuffed Aubergine
    Good veggie options loved the stuffed aubergines and ginger presse "
    Posted 6 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Angela said:
    " Second time I come and as great as the first time. "
    Posted 6 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Verity said: "Delicious!
    Great place! Calamari was one of the best I've had in some time. Ravioli lovely! Only slight criticism about service was about water. Had to keep asking for refill would be better leaving a jug on table or give a larger glass! "
    Posted 7 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ANTHONY said: "Fantastic place
    Very nice feel to the restaurant staff brilliant so nice food was very well presented and very tasty I can recommend this restaurant to anyone ..... "
    Posted 9 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • JAMES said: "Excellent
    Nice atmosphere, great food, prompt and polite service "
    Posted 9 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • . said:
    " . "
    Posted 10 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review
  • " Best Calamari in Town. What's your secret? "
    Posted 1 month, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Billy said:
    " Regular visitor to this restaurant and it's always great. Terrific food service and atmosphere! "
    Posted 2 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nh said:
    " Very good and freshfood.
    Good service.
    Agreeable atmosphere
    Will go again!! "
    Posted 2 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jo said: "Lovely meal
    Good choice for vegetarians and very tasty. "
    Posted 2 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DJPJ said: "Lovely
    Had a great time. Good decor and atmosphere. Great customer service. Lovely tasty food. We'll most definitely be back "
    Posted 3 months, 1 day ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jonathan said:
    " Really nice atmosphere and great place! "
    Posted 4 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Joey said: "Lovely staff and nice summer setting
    Went here for first time. Nice quality food for a good price and a fab location on Upper Street. Managed a score one of the few tables on the footpath. Opposite the Islington Town Hall.Staff were friendly. Food was good quality and presented nicely. We were not rushed even though in prime location. Top marks for this old Islington establishment. "
    Posted 4 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kim said: "Stuffed Aubergine
    Good veggie options loved the stuffed aubergines and ginger presse "
    Posted 6 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Angela said:
    " Second time I come and as great as the first time. "
    Posted 6 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Verity said: "Delicious!
    Great place! Calamari was one of the best I've had in some time. Ravioli lovely! Only slight criticism about service was about water. Had to keep asking for refill would be better leaving a jug on table or give a larger glass! "
    Posted 7 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ANTHONY said: "Fantastic place
    Very nice feel to the restaurant staff brilliant so nice food was very well presented and very tasty I can recommend this restaurant to anyone ..... "
    Posted 9 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • JAMES said: "Excellent
    Nice atmosphere, great food, prompt and polite service "
    Posted 9 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • . said:
    " . "
    Posted 10 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurants Deals