Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredAvailable December
Romulo Café and Restaurant image
Romulo Café and Restaurant image
Romulo Café and Restaurant image
Romulo Café and Restaurant image
Romulo Café and Restaurant image

2 for 1 at Romulo Café and Restaurant

With restaurants spanning across several continents, Romulo Café and Restaurant now comes to London, bringing the unsung hero of oriental food; Filipino cuisine.

Inspired by the legacy of the renowned former President of the United Nations General Assembly General Carlos P. Romulo, his granddaughter, Sandie Romulo Squillantini, first opened a Romulo Café in Manila in 2009, and the runaway success of the restaurants is sure to be repeated in the London dining scene.

With an four distinct dining areas all created by Design Director Karen Soriano and the kitchen filled with passionate chefs guided by the gifted Chef Lorenzo, Romulo Café and Restaurant is a restaurant that is sure to provide an exquisite experience with each visit.

Members who call in advance with their tastecard can enjoy the sumptuous fare served at a splendid price, making it nigh on impossible to think of a reason not to enjoy something from each section of the menu.

Start the feast with one of the fantastic appetisers, such as the enchanting Bangus Pate, a smoked milkfish spread enriched with orange puree and caviar, the traditional Patotim, a steamed bun filled with slow cooked duck, and the eclectic ensemble that is The General’s Combo Platter, which offers a tantalising taste of various starters; perfect for starting a group meal.

The main event features a concise, yet carefully crafted, list of delectable dishes to choose between. Particularly noteworthy choices include the rich Lola Virginia’s Chicken Relleno, a roasted chicken stuffed with ground pork, chorizo and raisins, the sublime Binagoongang Pata, a deboned crispy pork leg with a tomato shrimp sauce and aubergine salsa, and the heavenly Lola Felisa’s Canton, a refreshing medley of crispy canton noodles with shitake mushrooms and babycorn.

Also offering a wealth of divine desserts, diners visiting Romulo Café shan’t leave disappointed.

View all reviews
Romulo Café and Restaurant
Average member score
4.5 33
Diner rating
Excellent
25
Very good
4
Good
2
Average
0
Poor
2
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Basia said "Great ambassador for Filipino food
Knowing absolutely nothing about Filipino food I was a little apprehensive about going to the..."
Read more
Shiela said "Outstanding
The best Filipino restaurant in London!"
Read more
Ray said "Fantastic Service
Enjoyed The experience and with tastecard, it tasted even better :)"
Read more
" Amazing food, service and ambiance!"
Read more
Arthur said "Menu needs updating
Ingredients need to be fully disclosed. As some people may be allergic to certain foods. Need to..."
Read more
  • Basia said: "Great ambassador for Filipino food
    Knowing absolutely nothing about Filipino food I was a little apprehensive about going to the Romulo Café however, I needn't have been.

    The food was delicious - the fresh vegetable wrap starter was amazing, and the beef ribs just melted in one's mouth - , the service polite, attentive, but unobtrusive, and there was no problem with using Tastecard, even though we didn't have any alcohol. And as an added bonus, despite the last minute notice, they got us through three courses but with plenty of time to amble down to an evening event nearby.

    I would highly recommend Romulo Café, with or without the discount. What a great introduction to Filipino food. "
    Posted 6 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shiela said: "Outstanding
    The best Filipino restaurant in London! "
    Posted 9 months, 18 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ray said: "Fantastic Service
    Enjoyed The experience and with tastecard, it tasted even better :) "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Amazing food, service and ambiance! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 15 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Arthur said: "Menu needs updating
    Ingredients need to be fully disclosed. As some people may be allergic to certain foods. Need to have a menu for children if they are aiming to be a family-oriented restaurant. Overall we've received a mediocre service. I did try to ask to speak to the owner, but was told she was too busy. Foods was hit and miss if am honest. Bit of disclaimer, apart from being Filipino myself, I am no food critic. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Basia said: "Great ambassador for Filipino food
    Knowing absolutely nothing about Filipino food I was a little apprehensive about going to the Romulo Café however, I needn't have been.

    The food was delicious - the fresh vegetable wrap starter was amazing, and the beef ribs just melted in one's mouth - , the service polite, attentive, but unobtrusive, and there was no problem with using Tastecard, even though we didn't have any alcohol. And as an added bonus, despite the last minute notice, they got us through three courses but with plenty of time to amble down to an evening event nearby.

    I would highly recommend Romulo Café, with or without the discount. What a great introduction to Filipino food. "
    Posted 6 months, 21 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Shiela said: "Outstanding
    The best Filipino restaurant in London! "
    Posted 9 months, 18 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ray said: "Fantastic Service
    Enjoyed The experience and with tastecard, it tasted even better :) "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Amazing food, service and ambiance! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 15 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Arthur said: "Menu needs updating
    Ingredients need to be fully disclosed. As some people may be allergic to certain foods. Need to have a menu for children if they are aiming to be a family-oriented restaurant. Overall we've received a mediocre service. I did try to ask to speak to the owner, but was told she was too busy. Foods was hit and miss if am honest. Bit of disclaimer, apart from being Filipino myself, I am no food critic. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals