Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleOnline bookingFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
PizzaExpress - GATESHEAD - METRO CENTRE image
PizzaExpress - GATESHEAD - METRO CENTRE image
PizzaExpress - GATESHEAD - METRO CENTRE image
PizzaExpress - GATESHEAD - METRO CENTRE image
PizzaExpress - GATESHEAD - METRO CENTRE image

2 for 1 at PizzaExpress - GATESHEAD - METRO CENTRE

One of the biggest Italian food brands in the UK, PizzaExpress invites all tastecard members in to enjoy an exclusive offering of 2 for 1 on all of the scrumptious starters, mains and desserts that are found on the a la carte menu of any of the 400+ PizzaExpress restaurants available with tastecard, the dedicated diners club.

This winter, think vibrant. Think fresh (out the oven). Think your favourites with no compromise. Think Good Mood Food at PizzaExpress. Whether you’re committed to healthy New Year’s resolutions or simply craving the unbeatable taste of your favourite American Hot or Padana, they’ve got just the trick for you.

Brighten up any cold day with the Leggera range like the ultimate Superfood Salad full of flavour, fibre and protein or tuck into a slice of happiness with Leggera pizzas. Pasta lovers can enjoy warming gluten-free Bolognese or Broad Bean Rigatoni and don’t miss out on the award-winning Vegan Giardinera. Now that’s worth smiling about.

What's more? Any dining experience is sure to be enhanced by tastecard's offering of 2 for 1 meals, which is available exclusively to members and leaves the need to search for PizzaExpress vouchers, deals, offers or discount codes online firmly in the past. Instead, tastecard members can use that time and energy to find the best dish for themselves, from a PizzaExpress restaurant menu that can boast the very best that the Italian cuisine has to offer - any of which being available at a superb restaurant discount with tastecard.

Important Information

Please Note: 1.Your tastecard is valid all day Sunday to Thursday. 2. Each tastecard gives you 2 for the price of 1 on dishes To Begin, Starters, Mains, Sides, Desserts and Dolcetti. At the PizzaExpress restaurants serving the Piattini menu, each card will give you 2 for 1 on up to 4 Piattinis ordered, as well as 2 for the price of 1 on Mains, Sides, Desserts and Dolcetti. Please note the Piattini menu is valid at selected restaurants only. We’ll knock the cheapest items off your bill when you present the tastecard, though extra toppings are not included in the restaurant discount (ask your waiter for details). 3. You won't be able to use your tastecard on Bank Holidays, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Father's Day or in specific dates in December. 4. The Piccolo menu is excluded from the promotion, but your little ones are still welcome to enjoy the Piccolo menu while you make the most of this offer. 5. If you order a Padana or Leggera Padana, the price of your pizza will include a discretionary 25p donation to PizzaExpress’ official charity partner, Macmillan Cancer Support. If you order a Veneziana, the price of your pizza will include a discretionary 25p donation to the Veneziana Fund. These 25p donations will not be subject to the discount. If you’d like to have this removed, just ask your waiter. 6. The discount is only valid when dining in and is not available on collection or delivery, including Click&Collect, Deliveroo and Just Eat orders. 7. You can use many tastecards but bear in mind this offer can’t be used in conjunction with any other partner or PizzaExpress promotional offers (including set menus). Only one type of promotional offer or voucher can be used per table, group or party, however PizzaExpress Gift Cards are accepted. 8. Claim your discount by handing your tastecard to your waiter when asking for the bill. 9. Claim your discount by handing your tastecard to your waiter when asking for the bill. 10. You’ll need one tastecard for two people – but if there are more of you on your table, you can use many tastecards. So, a table of four will require two cards. 11. The following PizzaExpress restaurants are excluded from the tastecard offer: Baker St, St Christtopher Place - Barrett St, Bishopsgate, Brent Cross, Canary Wharf, Euston Road, Haymarket, Leadenhall Market, London Olympia, The O2, Stratford - Westfield, London - Trafalgar Square, London - Victoria, White City - Westfield Street, Motorway Service Locations, or at PizzaExpress Jazz Clubs, music rooms or pop-up restaurants. The restaurant discount is not available at Fulham restaurants on match days. 12. 10. The following PizzaExpress restaurants offer the Piattini menu: Birmingham Resorts World, Bromsgrove, Dudley - Merry Hill, Leicester - King Street, Leicester - Highcross, Shrewsbury, Stafford, Stoke, Stourbridge, Tamworth, Telford, Walsall, Barnes, Chiswick, London - Earls Court Road, East Sheen, London - Fulham Palace Road, Gloucester Road, East Molesey - Hampton Court Palace, Kew, London - Kings Road, Kingston - Portsmouth Road, Kingston - The Rotunda, London - Notting Hill Gate, Putney, Richmond, Shepherds Bush, Teddington, Twickenham, London - Whiteleys, Wimbledon Village, Wimbledon Broadway.

View all reviews
PizzaExpress - GATESHEAD - METRO CENTRE
Average member score
4.8 25
Diner rating
Excellent
20
Very good
4
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
TK said "Excellent Meal
Excellent food, great value and wonderful service"
Read more
Paul said "Canny
Good"
Read more
M said
" Great cheap lunch"
Read more
" Great!"
Read more
Steven said
" Good food, with excellent service."
Read more
Iain said
" Excellent pre-cinema meal, delivered promptly, swift and courteous service. First time using..."
Read more
" Only one vegan option but at least there is a vegan pizza unlike most places and it is very good...."
Read more
Lewis said "Fantastic
Great food and service"
Read more
" Tasty food but small portions. Very expensive for the size of the portion. Had the pizza filled..."
Read more
" Great service and food"
Read more
Really said
" Great meal helpful staff"
Read more
"Just Ok
First time at zizzi ,best part was the service great waiters couldn't do enough ,the food..."
Read more
" Great food and excellent service"
Read more
Julie said "Family tea treat.
Tasty food - served extremely quickly. Recommended sides were very good."
Read more
Mr said "Great start to my Tastecard+ upgrade
So easy to book a table using the Tastecard App. The food was excellent service first class and..."
Read more
Boymongoo said
" Excellent food & service! With the added bonus of 1 three course meal free via Tastecard."
Read more
SUMIT said "nice food as always
nice food with great atmosphere!!!:-):-)"
Read more
"Great Food
Great food"
Read more
Adam said "2nd Time There As Good As First
We went for a quick lunch where seated fast staff where attentive and the food was spot on will..."
Read more
" Food was great"
Read more
John said
" Good"
Read more
Marshalls said "Beautiful Risotto
I chose a smaller portion of the chicken risotto as a starter .... Oh my goodness ! It was..."
Read more
Claire said
" Nice food, one pizza a bit small, I would get a stretched one if I went back"
Read more
Leslie said "Excellent
Excellent all round."
Read more
Tom said "Really enjoyed it
Ate here last week, restaurant busy as half term and weather was rubbish but we were welcomed..."
Read more
  • TK said: "Excellent Meal
    Excellent food, great value and wonderful service "
    Posted 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Canny
    Good "
    Posted 1 month, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said:
    " Great cheap lunch "
    Posted 6 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great! "
    Posted 7 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steven said:
    " Good food, with excellent service. "
    Posted 10 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Iain said:
    " Excellent pre-cinema meal, delivered promptly, swift and courteous service. First time using taste card, very easy with good saving on overall bill. "
    Posted 1 year, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Only one vegan option but at least there is a vegan pizza unlike most places and it is very good. Bit of a faff when using Tastecard but staff were pleasant and helpful. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lewis said: "Fantastic
    Great food and service "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Tasty food but small portions. Very expensive for the size of the portion. Had the pizza filled with salad. However not even a side serving of salad given "
    Posted 2 years, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great service and food "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Really said:
    " Great meal helpful staff "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Just Ok
    First time at zizzi ,best part was the service great waiters couldn't do enough ,the food was a bit of a let down. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great food and excellent service "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Julie said: "Family tea treat.
    Tasty food - served extremely quickly. Recommended sides were very good. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mr said: "Great start to my Tastecard+ upgrade
    So easy to book a table using the Tastecard App. The food was excellent service first class and the savings brilliant. I would recommend Tastecard on the wvidence so far. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Boymongoo said:
    " Excellent food & service! With the added bonus of 1 three course meal free via Tastecard. "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SUMIT said: "nice food as always
    nice food with great atmosphere!!!:-):-) "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Great Food
    Great food "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adam said: "2nd Time There As Good As First
    We went for a quick lunch where seated fast staff where attentive and the food was spot on will go again and they had no dramas with accepting my taste card "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Food was great "
    Posted 3 years, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said:
    " Good "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marshalls said: "Beautiful Risotto
    I chose a smaller portion of the chicken risotto as a starter .... Oh my goodness ! It was incredible ! "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Claire said:
    " Nice food, one pizza a bit small, I would get a stretched one if I went back "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Leslie said: "Excellent
    Excellent all round. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tom said: "Really enjoyed it
    Ate here last week, restaurant busy as half term and weather was rubbish but we were welcomed with our tastecard without booking which was a bonus, meal was lovely, can recommend the salmon risotto for starter and the chilli chicken pizza, this was suggested by our Italian waiter who was a top bloke and it was spot on,
    Will definitely be back soon. "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

By providing us with your personal details you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our privacy policy

  • TK said: "Excellent Meal
    Excellent food, great value and wonderful service "
    Posted 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Canny
    Good "
    Posted 1 month, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • M said:
    " Great cheap lunch "
    Posted 6 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great! "
    Posted 7 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Steven said:
    " Good food, with excellent service. "
    Posted 10 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Iain said:
    " Excellent pre-cinema meal, delivered promptly, swift and courteous service. First time using taste card, very easy with good saving on overall bill. "
    Posted 1 year, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Only one vegan option but at least there is a vegan pizza unlike most places and it is very good. Bit of a faff when using Tastecard but staff were pleasant and helpful. "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lewis said: "Fantastic
    Great food and service "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Tasty food but small portions. Very expensive for the size of the portion. Had the pizza filled with salad. However not even a side serving of salad given "
    Posted 2 years, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great service and food "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Really said:
    " Great meal helpful staff "
    Posted 2 years, 3 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Just Ok
    First time at zizzi ,best part was the service great waiters couldn't do enough ,the food was a bit of a let down. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great food and excellent service "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Julie said: "Family tea treat.
    Tasty food - served extremely quickly. Recommended sides were very good. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mr said: "Great start to my Tastecard+ upgrade
    So easy to book a table using the Tastecard App. The food was excellent service first class and the savings brilliant. I would recommend Tastecard on the wvidence so far. "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Boymongoo said:
    " Excellent food & service! With the added bonus of 1 three course meal free via Tastecard. "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • SUMIT said: "nice food as always
    nice food with great atmosphere!!!:-):-) "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Great Food
    Great food "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adam said: "2nd Time There As Good As First
    We went for a quick lunch where seated fast staff where attentive and the food was spot on will go again and they had no dramas with accepting my taste card "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Food was great "
    Posted 3 years, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • John said:
    " Good "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marshalls said: "Beautiful Risotto
    I chose a smaller portion of the chicken risotto as a starter .... Oh my goodness ! It was incredible ! "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Claire said:
    " Nice food, one pizza a bit small, I would get a stretched one if I went back "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Leslie said: "Excellent
    Excellent all round. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Tom said: "Really enjoyed it
    Ate here last week, restaurant busy as half term and weather was rubbish but we were welcomed with our tastecard without booking which was a bonus, meal was lovely, can recommend the salmon risotto for starter and the chilli chicken pizza, this was suggested by our Italian waiter who was a top bloke and it was spot on,
    Will definitely be back soon. "
    Posted 3 years, 8 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals