Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredAvailable December
View Menu
Varanasi Chefs Restaurant image

2 for 1 at Varanasi Chefs Restaurant

The Varanasi Chefs is named after a city of Northern India called Varanasi, also known as Banaras. The city of Banaras is situated on the west bank of the holiest of all Indian rivers, the Ganga or Ganges. The relationship between the sacred river and the city is the essence of Varanasi - 'the land of sacred light'. It is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. Mark Twain, the American author and literature, who was enthralled by the legend and sanctity of Banaras, once wrote: "Banaras is older than history, older than tradition, older even than legend and looks twice as old as all of them put together."

The Varanasi Chefs endeavours to bring the cooking tradition of Banaras and other parts of India to Battersea. They offer the varied delicious tastes and cuisines of India, from homes, wayside stalls and palaces presented in style, retaining its authentic nature. Real Indian cuisine – which is the specialty of the Varanasi Chefs – is distinctive. It is exotic, aromatic and flavourful, relying on a subtle blend of herbs and spices, and provides an interesting contrast with Curries – the sauce based foods, Chats - the Indian street foods and with Tandoori- the clay oven foods. Not to be forgotten the Mo Mo – the local delicacy of Darjeeling.

View all reviews
Varanasi Chefs Restaurant
Average member score
4.0 7
Diner rating
Excellent
4
Very good
1
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
"Cute But Average
Starters had OTT sauce display.
Mains very average. Decent."
Read more
Loyra said
" Es un restaurante de comida Indu delicioso. Comimos muy rico, todas las recomendaciones fueron..."
Read more
" Very friendly & hospitable guys. Great main course & good service."
Read more
Phil said "Fantastic
Fantastic food"
Read more
Sir said "Why would you???
Soulless, empty (Thursday night). Manager just kept checking his watch making us feel like not..."
Read more
Gadgetdave said
" Great service top food friendly staff, will be back"
Read more
Bsrat said "We will go again!
The food was great: very tasty, the fried courses, such as samosa and squid, are not too greasy..."
Read more
  • "Cute But Average
    Starters had OTT sauce display.
    Mains very average. Decent. "
    Posted 11 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Loyra said:
    " Es un restaurante de comida Indu delicioso. Comimos muy rico, todas las recomendaciones fueron excelente y la comida excelente. Se los recomiendo muchisimo.


    It's a delicious restaurant. We ate very rich, all recommendations were excellent and the food excellent. I highly recommend them "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Very friendly & hospitable guys. Great main course & good service. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Phil said: "Fantastic
    Fantastic food "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sir said: "Why would you???
    Soulless, empty (Thursday night). Manager just kept checking his watch making us feel like not wanted and wished we would go at 10.30.far far better options locally
    . AVOID "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gadgetdave said:
    " Great service top food friendly staff, will be back "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bsrat said: "We will go again!
    The food was great: very tasty, the fried courses, such as samosa and squid, are not too greasy and they are delicious! Our main courses where also very yummy (veg curry and chicken korma). The staff was attentive, polite and we were served very fast. The food is not too pricey and if you have a tastecard you will have a great dinner at a very affordable price. Try and enjoy! "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • "Cute But Average
    Starters had OTT sauce display.
    Mains very average. Decent. "
    Posted 11 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Loyra said:
    " Es un restaurante de comida Indu delicioso. Comimos muy rico, todas las recomendaciones fueron excelente y la comida excelente. Se los recomiendo muchisimo.


    It's a delicious restaurant. We ate very rich, all recommendations were excellent and the food excellent. I highly recommend them "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Very friendly & hospitable guys. Great main course & good service. "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Phil said: "Fantastic
    Fantastic food "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sir said: "Why would you???
    Soulless, empty (Thursday night). Manager just kept checking his watch making us feel like not wanted and wished we would go at 10.30.far far better options locally
    . AVOID "
    Posted 3 years, 9 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gadgetdave said:
    " Great service top food friendly staff, will be back "
    Posted 4 years, 1 month, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bsrat said: "We will go again!
    The food was great: very tasty, the fried courses, such as samosa and squid, are not too greasy and they are delicious! Our main courses where also very yummy (veg curry and chicken korma). The staff was attentive, polite and we were served very fast. The food is not too pricey and if you have a tastecard you will have a great dinner at a very affordable price. Try and enjoy! "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals