Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 6 peopleFriday restrictionAvailable December
Cafe Jazz @ The Sandringham Hotel image
Cafe Jazz @ The Sandringham Hotel image
Cafe Jazz @ The Sandringham Hotel image
Cafe Jazz @ The Sandringham Hotel image
Cafe Jazz @ The Sandringham Hotel image

2 for 1 at Cafe Jazz @ The Sandringham Hotel

As the name suggests, Café Jazz is a cosy, intimate space for jazz lovers to hear live music and diners to enjoy delightful dishes.

Part of The Sandringham Hotel, or perhaps it’s more accurate to say half of it, Café Jazz is a welcome addition to the hotel and is beloved by both locals and visitors to Cardiff.

Now accepting the tastecard, members who call in advance can relax to the sounds of jazz and unwind knowing that all fare feasted upon will be complete with fantastic discounts.

It’s only fitting that a location with such a rich ambience features some delicious dishes, and this is apparent from the superb starters, which feature the likes of the irresistible whole mussels, steamed in mariniere or provencale sauce and paired with garlic bread, the scrumptious grilled asparagus wrapped in Parma ham, partnered with a hollandaise drenched poached egg, and the delectable grilled vegetable timbale, topped with roast beetroot and goat’s cheese.

Equally as exemplary are the main courses, which showcase plenty to please any palate. Particularly merit worthy meals include the succulent 8oz fillet steak au poivre, accompanied with a choice of chips, a jacket potato or a gourmet salad, the rich fresh sea bass fillets, pan fried in a herb and brandy butter, and the scrumptious braised leek, chestnut mushroom and cheese parcel, complete with a Larver bread cake.

Having played host to a wealth of famous musicians from around the world, the unassuming Café Jazz is a cultural hotspot and well worth a visit, regardless of whether guests are staying overnight at The Sandringham Hotel or not.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount isn't available in December.

View all reviews
Cafe Jazz @ The Sandringham Hotel
Average member score
4.6 14
Diner rating
Excellent
9
Very good
4
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Elaine said "Nice food
Good cheap eats. Enjoyed my chicken pie"
Read more
Leonie said "Ok
Ok food, tired venue, nice atmosphere and
very easy to use card."
Read more
Darryn said "23/09/17
Just stayed at Sandringham Hotel Saturday nite Excellent Lunch+Evening Meal went to see Show then..."
Read more
Darryn said "Great Sunday Lunch!
Excellent Food and Service will be back every Sunday for 3 course Lunch many thanks Mr D Evans"
Read more
Guy said "Great value for money
Good food, well priced, not busy for Sunday lunch but very friendly staff. I would be happy to..."
Read more
jane said "Good service and good food
Kerry made sure that we used the Tastecard on the correct menu options and then went on to help..."
Read more
Maryam said "Pleasant Atmosphere
We went for a slight snack and drinks, and it was a lovely night with the local band playing jazz..."
Read more
Bryan said "Quick Lunch
Great food from an extensive menu, friendly service and reasonably-priced! Nothing more needed..."
Read more
Hannah said "Well Worth A Visit
Cafe Jazz feel as though you've stepped back in to the 80's when you first walk through..."
Read more
"Excellent Find
Had a great homemade meal from a menu which has lots of choice and is very reasonably priced...."
Read more
Lisa said
" Fantastic food and an exceptionally friendly service."
Read more
julian said "Wonderful
A pleasant change. One of Cardiff's best kept secrets. Check it out. You won't be..."
Read more
jan said "mouthwatering food
My first use of the card, no problem Luke walked me through what was available with the card and..."
Read more
ray said
" Good food good service nice live music"
Read more
  • Elaine said: "Nice food
    Good cheap eats. Enjoyed my chicken pie "
    Posted 1 month, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Leonie said: "Ok
    Ok food, tired venue, nice atmosphere and
    very easy to use card. "
    Posted 9 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Darryn said: "23/09/17
    Just stayed at Sandringham Hotel Saturday nite Excellent Lunch+Evening Meal went to see Show then returned to a Disco fabourless breakfast lovely room staff very helpful easy use of Tastecard at all times will be staying again and having all our Meals at Cafe Jazz many thanks! "
    Posted 11 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Darryn said: "Great Sunday Lunch!
    Excellent Food and Service will be back every Sunday for 3 course Lunch many thanks Mr D Evans "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Guy said: "Great value for money
    Good food, well priced, not busy for Sunday lunch but very friendly staff. I would be happy to come here again in the future "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • jane said: "Good service and good food
    Kerry made sure that we used the Tastecard on the correct menu options and then went on to help me by finding out my gluten free options. I had a fresh gf mushroom soup made for me which was sooooo tasty, my OH was taken aback by how good it was. Had the Sunday dinner option -beef & lamb with a selection of vegetables, again Kerry checked and I could have gravy - something I miss when I go to some places. Altogether we had a very good time and was made to feel that nothing would be difficult, meaning my GF diet. Thank you to all the staff. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Maryam said: "Pleasant Atmosphere
    We went for a slight snack and drinks, and it was a lovely night with the local band playing jazz music. Surely going back! "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 20 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bryan said: "Quick Lunch
    Great food from an extensive menu, friendly service and reasonably-priced! Nothing more needed for a quick visit. "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 14 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hannah said: "Well Worth A Visit
    Cafe Jazz feel as though you've stepped back in to the 80's when you first walk through the door, which doesn't make you feel overly confident about the standard of the food. However the food really is lovely, it's quite hearty and not overly complicated, and everything was extremely tasty and there was plenty of it.
    Dave and anne were the staff on duty and they were great and couldn't have made us feel more welcome.
    It's a lovely relaxed atmosphere, the only draw back is there's a blumin big tv in the restaurant area which is very distracting and completely out of place. The restaurant definitely needs a bit of a face lift, and beware that on a Saturdays it turns in to a rather peculiar disco which seems to be a mixture of the wedding and school varieties! Apparently Tuesdays and Thursdays are the best for jazz so we will definitely be going back and taking friends because it really is a little gem of a place. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Excellent Find
    Had a great homemade meal from a menu which has lots of choice and is very reasonably priced. First class service from Dave who made us very welcome. Taste card is welcomed here and you receive the same excellent service and food. We will return. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 1 day ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lisa said:
    " Fantastic food and an exceptionally friendly service. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • julian said: "Wonderful
    A pleasant change. One of Cardiff's best kept secrets. Check it out. You won't be disappointed. "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • jan said: "mouthwatering food
    My first use of the card, no problem Luke walked me through what was available with the card and we went for a more upmarket meal. Great food, wonderful service and lovely atmosphere. Would like to thank Alex and Luke for looking after us. This was a lunch time meal so no 'live' music, but the music wasn't too loud and you could still have a conversation with it playing in the back ground.

    As I needed a gluten free meal the chef came to talk to me and said he could change most of the meals to accommodate me, hearing that was wonderful. Great to scan a menu and think 'I can eat ANYTHING', rather than mentally discard each/most menu items due to possibility of wheat. Will be going again, thanks "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ray said:
    " Good food good service nice live music "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Elaine said: "Nice food
    Good cheap eats. Enjoyed my chicken pie "
    Posted 1 month, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Leonie said: "Ok
    Ok food, tired venue, nice atmosphere and
    very easy to use card. "
    Posted 9 months ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Darryn said: "23/09/17
    Just stayed at Sandringham Hotel Saturday nite Excellent Lunch+Evening Meal went to see Show then returned to a Disco fabourless breakfast lovely room staff very helpful easy use of Tastecard at all times will be staying again and having all our Meals at Cafe Jazz many thanks! "
    Posted 11 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Darryn said: "Great Sunday Lunch!
    Excellent Food and Service will be back every Sunday for 3 course Lunch many thanks Mr D Evans "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Guy said: "Great value for money
    Good food, well priced, not busy for Sunday lunch but very friendly staff. I would be happy to come here again in the future "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • jane said: "Good service and good food
    Kerry made sure that we used the Tastecard on the correct menu options and then went on to help me by finding out my gluten free options. I had a fresh gf mushroom soup made for me which was sooooo tasty, my OH was taken aback by how good it was. Had the Sunday dinner option -beef & lamb with a selection of vegetables, again Kerry checked and I could have gravy - something I miss when I go to some places. Altogether we had a very good time and was made to feel that nothing would be difficult, meaning my GF diet. Thank you to all the staff. "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Maryam said: "Pleasant Atmosphere
    We went for a slight snack and drinks, and it was a lovely night with the local band playing jazz music. Surely going back! "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 20 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Bryan said: "Quick Lunch
    Great food from an extensive menu, friendly service and reasonably-priced! Nothing more needed for a quick visit. "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 14 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hannah said: "Well Worth A Visit
    Cafe Jazz feel as though you've stepped back in to the 80's when you first walk through the door, which doesn't make you feel overly confident about the standard of the food. However the food really is lovely, it's quite hearty and not overly complicated, and everything was extremely tasty and there was plenty of it.
    Dave and anne were the staff on duty and they were great and couldn't have made us feel more welcome.
    It's a lovely relaxed atmosphere, the only draw back is there's a blumin big tv in the restaurant area which is very distracting and completely out of place. The restaurant definitely needs a bit of a face lift, and beware that on a Saturdays it turns in to a rather peculiar disco which seems to be a mixture of the wedding and school varieties! Apparently Tuesdays and Thursdays are the best for jazz so we will definitely be going back and taking friends because it really is a little gem of a place. "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Excellent Find
    Had a great homemade meal from a menu which has lots of choice and is very reasonably priced. First class service from Dave who made us very welcome. Taste card is welcomed here and you receive the same excellent service and food. We will return. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 1 day ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Lisa said:
    " Fantastic food and an exceptionally friendly service. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • julian said: "Wonderful
    A pleasant change. One of Cardiff's best kept secrets. Check it out. You won't be disappointed. "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 24 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • jan said: "mouthwatering food
    My first use of the card, no problem Luke walked me through what was available with the card and we went for a more upmarket meal. Great food, wonderful service and lovely atmosphere. Would like to thank Alex and Luke for looking after us. This was a lunch time meal so no 'live' music, but the music wasn't too loud and you could still have a conversation with it playing in the back ground.

    As I needed a gluten free meal the chef came to talk to me and said he could change most of the meals to accommodate me, hearing that was wonderful. Great to scan a menu and think 'I can eat ANYTHING', rather than mentally discard each/most menu items due to possibility of wheat. Will be going again, thanks "
    Posted 4 years, 2 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ray said:
    " Good food good service nice live music "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals