Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredAvailable December
Ridings Restaurant at Sykeside Country House Hotel image

2 for 1 at Ridings Restaurant at Sykeside Country House Hotel

The Ridings Restaurant has both a relaxing and intimate atmosphere serving an excellent menu of home cooked food, which is freshly prepared from local produce.

The menu itself changes on a monthly basis and provides a wide range of choices to suit the majority of tastes. They are also able to accommodate those with special dietary requirements.

Important Information

Please note: Tastecard members that wish to dine on a Saturday, can only book a table on that day.

View all reviews
Ridings Restaurant at Sykeside Country House Hotel
Average member score
5.0 10
Diner rating
Excellent
10
Very good
0
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
David said "Just the best
Although not a frequent guest of this wonderful establishment I am a 'regular' this..."
Read more
Brian said "Great food and service
Great food from our favourite restaurant"
Read more
Brian said
" Best food for miles around"
Read more
Sheena said
" Nice welcome, when we arrived. Had a G&T in the bar first. We enjoyed a lovely evening, both..."
Read more
Karen said "Excellent
Lovely food, beautifully presented. Polite friendly service. Will definitely return.
Sat..."
Read more
Sandra said
" we love going to the ridings restaurant as the food is always excellent and the atmosphere is..."
Read more
Naomi said "Fantastic food
Had a meal last night (2/2/17) for both my and my husband's birthdays. We had the 3 course..."
Read more
Hayley said "Excellent Food & Atmosphere
This is truly a hidden gem I. Have lived in Haslingden all my life & never thought of dining..."
Read more
FRED said "Went friday
Went with my partner and had a really nice evening, good food and great service ."
Read more
KERRIE said "Excellent
Went to this hotel on a Sunday lunchtime and used the taste card the service, food and price was..."
Read more
  • David said: "Just the best
    Although not a frequent guest of this wonderful establishment I am a 'regular' this review is about my last visit as a member of a party of 5 but it could apply to any visit.
    Two of us had the confit duck leg which was better than the last time my wife had it in France 4 weeks ago, my wife had the homemade paté which is excellent and the others had the black pudding stack (Bury) with poached egg and Hollandaise sauce (I think). My nephew and I had the lamb shank which always falls off the bone when you look at it, my wife had the chicken in a creamed sauce with dauphinoise potatoes and my brother and sister-in-law had the ever-reliable steaks. We didn't all have dessert but I had the pannacotta, again superb.

    I did have to make a gentle complaint that the coffee wasn't sufficiently strong for our tastes but that was easily resolved (for most people it would probably have been fine. I certainly wouldn't let a slightly weak pot of coffee deter me in any way.

    I have long said that if, for the rest of my life, I had to choose one restaurant in which to dine out, this would be it..

    Even without my Tastecard the value is excellent so having the Tastecard is the cherry on top of the icing on the cake. "
    Posted 7 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brian said: "Great food and service
    Great food from our favourite restaurant "
    Posted 11 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brian said:
    " Best food for miles around "
    Posted 1 year, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sheena said:
    " Nice welcome, when we arrived. Had a G&T in the bar first. We enjoyed a lovely evening, both service and food
    excellent, my only comment would be lacking atmosphere. This is only my opinion.
    We will most certainly visit again shortly. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Excellent
    Lovely food, beautifully presented. Polite friendly service. Will definitely return.
    Sat in cosy bar area when we arrived before being taken to restaurant when meal was ready. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sandra said:
    " we love going to the ridings restaurant as the food is always excellent and the atmosphere is lovely. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Naomi said: "Fantastic food
    Had a meal last night (2/2/17) for both my and my husband's birthdays. We had the 3 course meal which was reasonably priced even without the tastecard. The portions were very generous and we were stuffed after our main. We heard the dessert menu and my husband was taken as soon as sherry trifle was mentioned. Staff were polite and food was excellent. We will be definitely be returning. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hayley said: "Excellent Food & Atmosphere
    This is truly a hidden gem I. Have lived in Haslingden all my life & never thought of dining here however after our experience tonight I would defiantly say we will now be making this place out new local night out for dinner the food was press enter beautifully & the quality & taste was amazing served to us by friendly staff to too it all off got a great discount by using the taste card "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 28 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • FRED said: "Went friday
    Went with my partner and had a really nice evening, good food and great service . "
    Posted 5 years, 3 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KERRIE said: "Excellent
    Went to this hotel on a Sunday lunchtime and used the taste card the service, food and price was amazing. A must try!!! "
    Posted 5 years, 9 months, 23 days ago...
    5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • David said: "Just the best
    Although not a frequent guest of this wonderful establishment I am a 'regular' this review is about my last visit as a member of a party of 5 but it could apply to any visit.
    Two of us had the confit duck leg which was better than the last time my wife had it in France 4 weeks ago, my wife had the homemade paté which is excellent and the others had the black pudding stack (Bury) with poached egg and Hollandaise sauce (I think). My nephew and I had the lamb shank which always falls off the bone when you look at it, my wife had the chicken in a creamed sauce with dauphinoise potatoes and my brother and sister-in-law had the ever-reliable steaks. We didn't all have dessert but I had the pannacotta, again superb.

    I did have to make a gentle complaint that the coffee wasn't sufficiently strong for our tastes but that was easily resolved (for most people it would probably have been fine. I certainly wouldn't let a slightly weak pot of coffee deter me in any way.

    I have long said that if, for the rest of my life, I had to choose one restaurant in which to dine out, this would be it..

    Even without my Tastecard the value is excellent so having the Tastecard is the cherry on top of the icing on the cake. "
    Posted 7 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brian said: "Great food and service
    Great food from our favourite restaurant "
    Posted 11 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brian said:
    " Best food for miles around "
    Posted 1 year, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sheena said:
    " Nice welcome, when we arrived. Had a G&T in the bar first. We enjoyed a lovely evening, both service and food
    excellent, my only comment would be lacking atmosphere. This is only my opinion.
    We will most certainly visit again shortly. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Excellent
    Lovely food, beautifully presented. Polite friendly service. Will definitely return.
    Sat in cosy bar area when we arrived before being taken to restaurant when meal was ready. "
    Posted 2 years, 8 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sandra said:
    " we love going to the ridings restaurant as the food is always excellent and the atmosphere is lovely. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Naomi said: "Fantastic food
    Had a meal last night (2/2/17) for both my and my husband's birthdays. We had the 3 course meal which was reasonably priced even without the tastecard. The portions were very generous and we were stuffed after our main. We heard the dessert menu and my husband was taken as soon as sherry trifle was mentioned. Staff were polite and food was excellent. We will be definitely be returning. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 26 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Hayley said: "Excellent Food & Atmosphere
    This is truly a hidden gem I. Have lived in Haslingden all my life & never thought of dining here however after our experience tonight I would defiantly say we will now be making this place out new local night out for dinner the food was press enter beautifully & the quality & taste was amazing served to us by friendly staff to too it all off got a great discount by using the taste card "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 28 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • FRED said: "Went friday
    Went with my partner and had a really nice evening, good food and great service . "
    Posted 5 years, 3 months, 25 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KERRIE said: "Excellent
    Went to this hotel on a Sunday lunchtime and used the taste card the service, food and price was amazing. A must try!!! "
    Posted 5 years, 9 months, 23 days ago...
    5 out of 5 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals