Search
50% off food billMaximum of 6 peopleBooking requiredSaturday restrictionAvailable December
Beresford's Restaurant & Pub image
Beresford's Restaurant & Pub image
Beresford's Restaurant & Pub image
Beresford's Restaurant & Pub image
Beresford's Restaurant & Pub image

50% off at Beresford's Restaurant & Pub

Restaurant opens at 5.30pm Tuesday - Sunday.

Beresford's is a new look to an old Lake District favourite. Located in the heart of the Lake District at Bowness-on-Windermere, just a short walk from windermere lake and its many attractions including The World of Beatrix Potter. It is ideal for a meal before a visit to the cinema or the Lake.

The Lake District restaurant has a large dining area decorated in a modern style and serves a range of contemporary European dishes cooked to perfection and complimented by a vast range of wines.

Indulge yourself with their fresh Salmon fillet and a glass of chilled Chardonnay or something a little more locally sourced - Cumbrian Lamb or Beef fillet fresh from the Lakeland hills served with a room temperature Merlot.

Important Information

PLEASE NOTE: You must book in advance at this restaurant to avoid disappointment. Bookings with discount cards are no longer accepted after 7pm.

View all reviews
Beresford's Restaurant & Pub
Average member score
4.5 37
Diner rating
Excellent
27
Very good
7
Good
1
Average
0
Poor
2
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Stuart said
" What a fantastic experience? We stumbled on this restaurant by chance and so glad we did!
..."
Read more
Louise said
" Had 2 meals at Beresfords this week during our week long stay in Windermere. Can not recommend..."
Read more
Maz said "Lovely Dining experience
Great food beautifully served, mouth watering lamb and Mexican beef so tasty and tender. Polite..."
Read more
Brocky182 said "Don’t Bother
With my taste card I decided to go and have a meal with my wife. We had to use the card offer..."
Read more
Mark said "Lovely food. Lack of staff
Food was excellent as ever. Opening times can vary during low season so definitely phone first...."
Read more
Marilena said
" We went on Tuesday initially thinking we could have the early dining menu from 5:30pm but this..."
Read more
" Lovely food freshly cooked. Went there twice whilst on holiday in Bowness. Had the salmon, veg..."
Read more
Ian said "First visit and use of my tastecard
First visit after seeing this venue many times.
Booking was very easy and as this was the..."
Read more
laura said "Good
Enjoyed food .. Terrene, prawns, mussels mariner and steak pot were all excellent. Puddings good..."
Read more
KAREN said "Great food
Great place to eat"
Read more
Diana said
" Very disappointing meal. Seafood tagliatelle very salty with bits of broken mussel shell..."
Read more
Nic said
" Lovely meal here celebrating a birthday. Specials were fab and wine was great!"
Read more
Rachael said "Great
Myself and 3 others visited and experienced excellent food and service and we will return again...."
Read more
Walter said "Do try, you won't be disappointed.
Had an excellent early dinner before heading across to the cinema to see BFG. No snozzcumber on..."
Read more
f said
" good food again,second time we have been to beresfords and will certainly go back again next time..."
Read more
"Exceptional Food And Experience
The food was exceptional and service was second to none, highly recommend booking for a meal at..."
Read more
W said
" Food was excellent and chef very friendly"
Read more
W said
" Food was excellent and chef very friendly"
Read more
W said
" Food was excellent and chef very friendly"
Read more
Martin said "Not to be missed
Superb food, excellent service. Staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. If you are around..."
Read more
f said
" nice place ,good food,will definately go again next time in bowness"
Read more
Martin said "Outstanding
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. The seafood sharing starter was enormous and..."
Read more
Dave said "Lovely Meal
First time at Beresfords and first time using the Taste card. Both were perfect. We had the..."
Read more
Janice said "Fab
Well worth a visit"
Read more
Alison said
" Lovely restaurant with great food. Friendly and attentive staff."
Read more
Rachel said
" Food ok."
Read more
Karen said "Lovely Food
Really pleasant inviting venue. Exceptional food, great service. Would highly recommend and will..."
Read more
DEAN said "Great food
Even though we booked 10 mins before dead line we were made very welcome and had no problem using..."
Read more
Mark said
" Staff friendly but service was slow due to lack of staff.
Good was enjoyable and good value..."
Read more
CRAIG said
" Great food, great service and reasonable costs. Would totally recommend and will definitely dine..."
Read more
Garry said "Fantastic!!
Beautiful restaurant with an outstanding menu - well worth taking the time to visit"
Read more
Jake said "Wonderful
AMAZING FOOD!!
AMAZING service the old gentleman was so polite..
Only use card..."
Read more
Peter said "Excellent food and service
Excellent food and brilliant value for money with the taste card. The older gentleman who was our..."
Read more
Keith said "Super
Enjoyed two splendid meals at this very friendly establishment that gave excellent service,..."
Read more
clare said "amazing
Dined here on thursday 3rd april 2014 using my tastecard, the food & service were both..."
Read more
Cremedecassis said
" An outstanding meal- the lamb was delicious! We were made very welcome by the hosts and would..."
Read more
Trevor said "Tasty food not much meat in the pie :(
The service was a little slow not sure if they were short staffed. The food was tasty but not..."
Read more
  • Stuart said:
    " What a fantastic experience? We stumbled on this restaurant by chance and so glad we did!
    Just called in for refreshments and was welcomed and looked after above and beyond normal duties. All though outside of dining times they still provided two wonderful meals, so comfortable and obliging? Definitely 10/10. Thank you so much! Looking forward to our next trip to the Lakes : This will be a priority to revisit Beresford Restaurant! Again thank you.
    Stuart & Joan. "
    Posted 2 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Louise said:
    " Had 2 meals at Beresfords this week during our week long stay in Windermere. Can not recommend this restaurant enough. Staff were friendly and accommodating, swift efficient service. Would highly recommend to all that visit Windermere and Bowness. "
    Posted 3 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Maz said: "Lovely Dining experience
    Great food beautifully served, mouth watering lamb and Mexican beef so tasty and tender. Polite friendly staff very willing to please all round a great experience will definitely return. "
    Posted 4 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brocky182 said: "Don’t Bother
    With my taste card I decided to go and have a meal with my wife. We had to use the card offer before 7pm which suited us. But wish we hadn’t bothered, the liver patty I had was the worst I’ve ever had, my wife’s leek and potato soup had never seen a leek. Our main meal came and the peas ( side vegetables) came 5min after. My wife had mash potatoes and they tasted of a watery mush. When the bill came I had to correct it myself, and they agreed I was right and their original bill was wrong. Would I go again NO. KEEP AWAY. "
    Posted 6 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said: "Lovely food. Lack of staff
    Food was excellent as ever. Opening times can vary during low season so definitely phone first. Only one waitress who was sometimes a bit abrupt but trying really hard, bless her. "
    Posted 11 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marilena said:
    " We went on Tuesday initially thinking we could have the early dining menu from 5:30pm but this wasn't available on the tastecard so we chose from the a la carte menu and we couldn't have been happier. Firstly to be offered fresh, warm bread when most restaurants don't do that anymore (much to our dismay as we love bread!) was a nice touch. The service was great. We didn't get the name of the waitress but she was friendly, polite and attentive. We had the garlic prawns to start which were good. Warm and in a light, creamy tasty sauce with a salad garnish. Then I had the Cajun chicken burger with chips and a tarragon mayo which was so good I asked for more and Jon had one of the specials which was Mexican fillet with shallots, mushrooms, rice and a sauce to die for! Smooth & creamy with a bit of kick from the chillies. I could happily have eaten that as well as my burger! All in all a fab meal and we will definitely visit again when in the area and recommend to our friends and family. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Lovely food freshly cooked. Went there twice whilst on holiday in Bowness. Had the salmon, veg and potatoes first night and the Sea Bass, potatoes and veg the second night. Both meals were really good. And I will definitely go back if in the area again. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ian said: "First visit and use of my tastecard
    First visit after seeing this venue many times.
    Booking was very easy and as this was the first time I have used my card made sure that they were fully aware I had a taste card and apart from the conditions shown in the app I was not made aware of any others.
    I booked a table for 6pm as they had an early evening special 3 course.
    We were greated on arrival and made to feel welcome and offered a choice of tables.
    Looking at the menus we decided against a bottle of wine and decided to have a pint of San Miguel and a Vodka and coke.
    We were then informed that only the A'la carte menu was available through the taste card.
    We chose the burgers which I had the Cajun chicken and my partner had the Cumberland beef and a side order of onion rings.
    I enjoyed mine though though did feel if I was paying full price that the frozen chips were inadequate.
    When I recieved the bill the discount was applied correctly though do feel that £4.85 for a pint of San Miguel was quite expensive. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • laura said: "Good
    Enjoyed food .. Terrene, prawns, mussels mariner and steak pot were all excellent. Puddings good but limited. Waitress was nice, friendly. Nice atmosphere even though quite empty at 6.30, but we prefer places before they are full and noisy: "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KAREN said: "Great food
    Great place to eat "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Diana said:
    " Very disappointing meal. Seafood tagliatelle very salty with bits of broken mussel shell throughout. Sirloin steak flavourless with no accompaniments apart from a watery sauce and floury chips. Service abrupt and unwelcoming. When we complained the owner/chef apologised but would offer no compensation, suggesting we came again the following day which we were unable to do. We were surprised the restaurant was nearly empty despite such good reviews. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nic said:
    " Lovely meal here celebrating a birthday. Specials were fab and wine was great! "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rachael said: "Great
    Myself and 3 others visited and experienced excellent food and service and we will return again. Thank you "
    Posted 2 years, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Walter said: "Do try, you won't be disappointed.
    Had an excellent early dinner before heading across to the cinema to see BFG. No snozzcumber on the menu but the prawns and steak were excellent. We'll done, Graham and team "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • f said:
    " good food again,second time we have been to beresfords and will certainly go back again next time in bowness. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Exceptional Food And Experience
    The food was exceptional and service was second to none, highly recommend booking for a meal at this establishment "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • W said:
    " Food was excellent and chef very friendly "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • W said:
    " Food was excellent and chef very friendly "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • W said:
    " Food was excellent and chef very friendly "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martin said: "Not to be missed
    Superb food, excellent service. Staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. If you are around windermere do not miss this wonderful restaurant "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • f said:
    " nice place ,good food,will definately go again next time in bowness "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martin said: "Outstanding
    I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. The seafood sharing starter was enormous and delicious. Main courses were faultless too. Fabulous food and great value for money. If you are around windermere, this is one not to miss "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said: "Lovely Meal
    First time at Beresfords and first time using the Taste card. Both were perfect. We had the garlic mushrooms followed by the lamb steak ginger mash and mint jus then toblerone cheese cake my wife had sticky toffee pud. Another big plus was mains were served on hot plates, a very big plus in my book. If in the area again we will visit again definitely. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Janice said: "Fab
    Well worth a visit "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alison said:
    " Lovely restaurant with great food. Friendly and attentive staff. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 1 day ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rachel said:
    " Food ok. "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Lovely Food
    Really pleasant inviting venue. Exceptional food, great service. Would highly recommend and will visit again when in Windermere. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DEAN said: "Great food
    Even though we booked 10 mins before dead line we were made very welcome and had no problem using our card. Food was superb and well presented with freshly cooked veg. I opted for lamb leg steak and mash with hint of ginger which was very tasty. Will be returning when we visit the lakes again. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said:
    " Staff friendly but service was slow due to lack of staff.
    Good was enjoyable and good value with the taste card "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CRAIG said:
    " Great food, great service and reasonable costs. Would totally recommend and will definitely dine there again. "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Garry said: "Fantastic!!
    Beautiful restaurant with an outstanding menu - well worth taking the time to visit "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jake said: "Wonderful
    AMAZING FOOD!!
    AMAZING service the old gentleman was so polite..
    Only use card before 7pm but doesn't say this on here, they still accepted my card after saying I would leave!
    Would 110% return but before 7pm ha

    Enjoy "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 3 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Peter said: "Excellent food and service
    Excellent food and brilliant value for money with the taste card. The older gentleman who was our waiter offered outstanding service and made the dining experience outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 30 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Keith said: "Super
    Enjoyed two splendid meals at this very friendly establishment that gave excellent service, splendid food and, with the tastecard, exceptional value for money. "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • clare said: "amazing
    Dined here on thursday 3rd april 2014 using my tastecard, the food & service were both outstanding we dined here again on saturday 5th & paid full price, very reasonable anyway, the older gentleman waiter is an asset to this establishment, thank you so much for a wonderful time. "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cremedecassis said:
    " An outstanding meal- the lamb was delicious! We were made very welcome by the hosts and would heartily recommend a visit. "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 2 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Trevor said: "Tasty food not much meat in the pie :(
    The service was a little slow not sure if they were short staffed. The food was tasty but not much meat in the beef and mushroom pie lots of mushrooms though! A pleasant experience in an area that’s new to us. "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Stuart said:
    " What a fantastic experience? We stumbled on this restaurant by chance and so glad we did!
    Just called in for refreshments and was welcomed and looked after above and beyond normal duties. All though outside of dining times they still provided two wonderful meals, so comfortable and obliging? Definitely 10/10. Thank you so much! Looking forward to our next trip to the Lakes : This will be a priority to revisit Beresford Restaurant! Again thank you.
    Stuart & Joan. "
    Posted 2 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Louise said:
    " Had 2 meals at Beresfords this week during our week long stay in Windermere. Can not recommend this restaurant enough. Staff were friendly and accommodating, swift efficient service. Would highly recommend to all that visit Windermere and Bowness. "
    Posted 3 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Maz said: "Lovely Dining experience
    Great food beautifully served, mouth watering lamb and Mexican beef so tasty and tender. Polite friendly staff very willing to please all round a great experience will definitely return. "
    Posted 4 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Brocky182 said: "Don’t Bother
    With my taste card I decided to go and have a meal with my wife. We had to use the card offer before 7pm which suited us. But wish we hadn’t bothered, the liver patty I had was the worst I’ve ever had, my wife’s leek and potato soup had never seen a leek. Our main meal came and the peas ( side vegetables) came 5min after. My wife had mash potatoes and they tasted of a watery mush. When the bill came I had to correct it myself, and they agreed I was right and their original bill was wrong. Would I go again NO. KEEP AWAY. "
    Posted 6 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said: "Lovely food. Lack of staff
    Food was excellent as ever. Opening times can vary during low season so definitely phone first. Only one waitress who was sometimes a bit abrupt but trying really hard, bless her. "
    Posted 11 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marilena said:
    " We went on Tuesday initially thinking we could have the early dining menu from 5:30pm but this wasn't available on the tastecard so we chose from the a la carte menu and we couldn't have been happier. Firstly to be offered fresh, warm bread when most restaurants don't do that anymore (much to our dismay as we love bread!) was a nice touch. The service was great. We didn't get the name of the waitress but she was friendly, polite and attentive. We had the garlic prawns to start which were good. Warm and in a light, creamy tasty sauce with a salad garnish. Then I had the Cajun chicken burger with chips and a tarragon mayo which was so good I asked for more and Jon had one of the specials which was Mexican fillet with shallots, mushrooms, rice and a sauce to die for! Smooth & creamy with a bit of kick from the chillies. I could happily have eaten that as well as my burger! All in all a fab meal and we will definitely visit again when in the area and recommend to our friends and family. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Lovely food freshly cooked. Went there twice whilst on holiday in Bowness. Had the salmon, veg and potatoes first night and the Sea Bass, potatoes and veg the second night. Both meals were really good. And I will definitely go back if in the area again. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ian said: "First visit and use of my tastecard
    First visit after seeing this venue many times.
    Booking was very easy and as this was the first time I have used my card made sure that they were fully aware I had a taste card and apart from the conditions shown in the app I was not made aware of any others.
    I booked a table for 6pm as they had an early evening special 3 course.
    We were greated on arrival and made to feel welcome and offered a choice of tables.
    Looking at the menus we decided against a bottle of wine and decided to have a pint of San Miguel and a Vodka and coke.
    We were then informed that only the A'la carte menu was available through the taste card.
    We chose the burgers which I had the Cajun chicken and my partner had the Cumberland beef and a side order of onion rings.
    I enjoyed mine though though did feel if I was paying full price that the frozen chips were inadequate.
    When I recieved the bill the discount was applied correctly though do feel that £4.85 for a pint of San Miguel was quite expensive. "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • laura said: "Good
    Enjoyed food .. Terrene, prawns, mussels mariner and steak pot were all excellent. Puddings good but limited. Waitress was nice, friendly. Nice atmosphere even though quite empty at 6.30, but we prefer places before they are full and noisy: "
    Posted 1 year, 5 months, 9 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • KAREN said: "Great food
    Great place to eat "
    Posted 1 year, 7 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Diana said:
    " Very disappointing meal. Seafood tagliatelle very salty with bits of broken mussel shell throughout. Sirloin steak flavourless with no accompaniments apart from a watery sauce and floury chips. Service abrupt and unwelcoming. When we complained the owner/chef apologised but would offer no compensation, suggesting we came again the following day which we were unable to do. We were surprised the restaurant was nearly empty despite such good reviews. "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Nic said:
    " Lovely meal here celebrating a birthday. Specials were fab and wine was great! "
    Posted 1 year, 10 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rachael said: "Great
    Myself and 3 others visited and experienced excellent food and service and we will return again. Thank you "
    Posted 2 years, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Walter said: "Do try, you won't be disappointed.
    Had an excellent early dinner before heading across to the cinema to see BFG. No snozzcumber on the menu but the prawns and steak were excellent. We'll done, Graham and team "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • f said:
    " good food again,second time we have been to beresfords and will certainly go back again next time in bowness. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • "Exceptional Food And Experience
    The food was exceptional and service was second to none, highly recommend booking for a meal at this establishment "
    Posted 2 years, 5 months, 21 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • W said:
    " Food was excellent and chef very friendly "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 6 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • W said:
    " Food was excellent and chef very friendly "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • W said:
    " Food was excellent and chef very friendly "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martin said: "Not to be missed
    Superb food, excellent service. Staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. If you are around windermere do not miss this wonderful restaurant "
    Posted 2 years, 6 months, 29 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • f said:
    " nice place ,good food,will definately go again next time in bowness "
    Posted 2 years, 9 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Martin said: "Outstanding
    I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. The seafood sharing starter was enormous and delicious. Main courses were faultless too. Fabulous food and great value for money. If you are around windermere, this is one not to miss "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 11 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Dave said: "Lovely Meal
    First time at Beresfords and first time using the Taste card. Both were perfect. We had the garlic mushrooms followed by the lamb steak ginger mash and mint jus then toblerone cheese cake my wife had sticky toffee pud. Another big plus was mains were served on hot plates, a very big plus in my book. If in the area again we will visit again definitely. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 26 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Janice said: "Fab
    Well worth a visit "
    Posted 3 years, 1 month, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alison said:
    " Lovely restaurant with great food. Friendly and attentive staff. "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 1 day ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Rachel said:
    " Food ok. "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Karen said: "Lovely Food
    Really pleasant inviting venue. Exceptional food, great service. Would highly recommend and will visit again when in Windermere. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 2 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • DEAN said: "Great food
    Even though we booked 10 mins before dead line we were made very welcome and had no problem using our card. Food was superb and well presented with freshly cooked veg. I opted for lamb leg steak and mash with hint of ginger which was very tasty. Will be returning when we visit the lakes again. "
    Posted 3 years, 4 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mark said:
    " Staff friendly but service was slow due to lack of staff.
    Good was enjoyable and good value with the taste card "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • CRAIG said:
    " Great food, great service and reasonable costs. Would totally recommend and will definitely dine there again. "
    Posted 3 years, 5 months, 7 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Garry said: "Fantastic!!
    Beautiful restaurant with an outstanding menu - well worth taking the time to visit "
    Posted 3 years, 6 months, 12 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jake said: "Wonderful
    AMAZING FOOD!!
    AMAZING service the old gentleman was so polite..
    Only use card before 7pm but doesn't say this on here, they still accepted my card after saying I would leave!
    Would 110% return but before 7pm ha

    Enjoy "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 3 days ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Peter said: "Excellent food and service
    Excellent food and brilliant value for money with the taste card. The older gentleman who was our waiter offered outstanding service and made the dining experience outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 30 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Keith said: "Super
    Enjoyed two splendid meals at this very friendly establishment that gave excellent service, splendid food and, with the tastecard, exceptional value for money. "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • clare said: "amazing
    Dined here on thursday 3rd april 2014 using my tastecard, the food & service were both outstanding we dined here again on saturday 5th & paid full price, very reasonable anyway, the older gentleman waiter is an asset to this establishment, thank you so much for a wonderful time. "
    Posted 4 years, 5 months, 16 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cremedecassis said:
    " An outstanding meal- the lamb was delicious! We were made very welcome by the hosts and would heartily recommend a visit. "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 2 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Trevor said: "Tasty food not much meat in the pie :(
    The service was a little slow not sure if they were short staffed. The food was tasty but not much meat in the beef and mushroom pie lots of mushrooms though! A pleasant experience in an area that’s new to us. "
    Posted 4 years, 8 months, 22 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals