Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
The Bar at The Damson Dene Hotel image

2 for 1 at The Bar at The Damson Dene Hotel

Damson Dene is in a really lovely and tranquil setting, and only a short drive from Lake Windermere. The Damson Dene Hotel is surrounded by some of the Lake District's most spectacular scenery and has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, with open log fire and oak beams.

Dining at the Damson Dene is a real pleasure. The menu changes daily and offers a wide choice, using locally grown fresh produce whenever possible, much of it from their own farm or from their Victorian kitchen garden. The kitchen staff are able to provide special dietary foods, vegetarian meals and children's teas.

View all reviews
The Bar at The Damson Dene Hotel
Average member score
4.5 4
Diner rating
Excellent
2
Very good
2
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Mrs said
" One of our dishes was lovely the other had no taste unfortunately, no one was at the bar you had..."
Read more
Mal said "Stayed There Added Bonus
We booked this hotel before we had tastecard so really pleased to get money off in the..."
Read more
Jo said
" Lovely food, thanks Jo and Guy"
Read more
Beverley said
" We have had two lovely evening meals at the Damson Dene this week. Although this is a residential..."
Read more
  • Mrs said:
    " One of our dishes was lovely the other had no taste unfortunately, no one was at the bar you had to ring a bell, Personally I like someone in view incase we need something not having to keep ringing a bell. Didn’t ask to see my taste card, I asked if they needed to see it he said no and put discount on the till anyway, I think it was someone in charge he was wearing a full suit and said hello to everyone when he came into the bar that was a nice touch "
    Posted 8 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mal said: "Stayed There Added Bonus
    We booked this hotel before we had tastecard so really pleased to get money off in the restaurant! Only applies to the 3 course deal and not the bar food, but still £29.95 saved "
    Posted 1 year, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jo said:
    " Lovely food, thanks Jo and Guy "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Beverley said:
    " We have had two lovely evening meals at the Damson Dene this week. Although this is a residential hotel they are very welcoming to non- residents. The dining room is very traditional, with lovely views over a large pond and surrounding hillside.
    The table d'hôte menu offers a good range of food,for adults and children, and features fruit and vegetables grown nearby.
    All the dishes we had were well cooked and presented....... and very filling. The chocolate pot dessert I had last night was the best chocolate dessert I have ever eaten "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Mrs said:
    " One of our dishes was lovely the other had no taste unfortunately, no one was at the bar you had to ring a bell, Personally I like someone in view incase we need something not having to keep ringing a bell. Didn’t ask to see my taste card, I asked if they needed to see it he said no and put discount on the till anyway, I think it was someone in charge he was wearing a full suit and said hello to everyone when he came into the bar that was a nice touch "
    Posted 8 months, 2 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mal said: "Stayed There Added Bonus
    We booked this hotel before we had tastecard so really pleased to get money off in the restaurant! Only applies to the 3 course deal and not the bar food, but still £29.95 saved "
    Posted 1 year, 4 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jo said:
    " Lovely food, thanks Jo and Guy "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Beverley said:
    " We have had two lovely evening meals at the Damson Dene this week. Although this is a residential hotel they are very welcoming to non- residents. The dining room is very traditional, with lovely views over a large pond and surrounding hillside.
    The table d'hôte menu offers a good range of food,for adults and children, and features fruit and vegetables grown nearby.
    All the dishes we had were well cooked and presented....... and very filling. The chocolate pot dessert I had last night was the best chocolate dessert I have ever eaten "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 6 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals