Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 2 peopleBooking requiredSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
View Menu
Barcelona Tapas - Middlesex Street image
Barcelona Tapas - Middlesex Street image
Barcelona Tapas - Middlesex Street image
Barcelona Tapas - Middlesex Street image
Barcelona Tapas - Middlesex Street image

2 for 1 at Barcelona Tapas - Middlesex Street

Since 1991, Barcelona has become one of the go-to destinations for top-notch tapas, live music and wine. The family-run eatery is one of the best restaurants in London, going from strength to strength since opening their first restaurant on Bell Lane. Their Middlesex restaurant offers all the ambiance and quality of the original and will make a fine place to catch-up with friends and family.

Barcelona Tapas is undoubtedly one of the most conveniently-located restaurants in London and is based in Whitechapel, tucked away in the grand Beaufort House. The eatery is a short walk from Aldgate and Aldgate East tube stations, making it perfect for after-work meals. Tourists can also hop on the tube and gain easy access to the Circle, District, Metropolitan and Hammersmith lines.

Sure to be a treat for the little ones, diners will notice a huge three-dimensional mosaic lizard hanging over the mezzanine balcony. Barcelona Tapas’ authentic matador and flamenco costumes, bright walls and ornate tiles also add to the restaurant’s ambiance, making it one of the more exciting places to eat in London. Staff are also very professional and can answer any questions or give recommendations for diners new to Spanish cuisine.

Like traditional Spanish restaurants, Barcelona specialises in the classics. Diners can work up an appetite with habas fritas, cured anchovies and green olives. Alternatively, they can tuck into tapas like chorizo, pork pinchos or padron peppers. Though while they have plenty from land and sea, veggies can get in on the action too with wild mushroom croquettes, beer-battered aubergine and mixed vegetable paella.

Diners looking for the true flavours of Spain will find no better destination than Barcelona. Any occasion will be even more of a treat for tastecard members who can look forward to exclusive restaurant savings when they call to book ahead and present their cards upon arrival. It’s a good chance to treat themselves to a bottle of wine, extra tapas dishes to share or one of their puddings.

Important Information

Please note: You must book in advance and mention the tastecard to be entitled to the discount. The tastecard restaurant discount is not available on bank holidays – including, but not limited to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The discount is also unavailable throughout December.

View all reviews
Barcelona Tapas - Middlesex Street
Average member score
3.1 15
Diner rating
Excellent
2
Very good
5
Good
4
Average
0
Poor
4
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
"Quality has deteriorated since last visit
Food was average when it used to be great. Garlic was basically raw in the gambas al ajillo...."
Read more
ETHAN said
" Sick"
Read more
GTG said "Awful Experience
Interior looked old and dated , food was cold , lacked flavours and served in non traditional..."
Read more
Jaime said
" Good food good service good vibes"
Read more
Adrian said
" Best Tapas in London!"
Read more
Sam said "Tasty
Abit out of the way but worth it! Reasonable prices for good quality food. Pan tomaqua was lovely."
Read more
Sinead said "Love it, highly recommended
Great food, lovely staff, so easy to use tastecard, excellent experience."
Read more
Cameron said "Satisfactory experience.
Satisfactory. Not bad. Not great. Don't regret going, but would not rush back"
Read more
claire said "Unfriendly and Expensive
Probably the most unfriendly restaurant I have visited. Waitress did not welcome us at all and..."
Read more
F. said "Poor Rude And Cold
Waitress got food wrong. No smile at all. Food was cold. 25% service charge!!!!!bohnand waitress..."
Read more
Fra said
" Food not good"
Read more
" Great place really gives a taste of Spain."
Read more
Sarah-Jane said "Worst Custmer Service Experience!
Called and placed a reservation - made a point of mentioning I had a tastecard, which was..."
Read more
Mike said "Birthday meal
Speedy efficient service. Average size portions."
Read more
Gina said
" It's a shame that this restaurant is down a slightly out of the way street with little..."
Read more
  • "Quality has deteriorated since last visit
    Food was average when it used to be great. Garlic was basically raw in the gambas al ajillo. Meatballs were lukewarm. Pimientos and sweet chilli prawns were good and staff were very friendly but overall, a definite decline in standards since our last visit. "
    Posted 4 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ETHAN said:
    " Sick "
    Posted 5 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • GTG said: "Awful Experience
    Interior looked old and dated , food was cold , lacked flavours and served in non traditional plates .

    Spanish omlet wasn’t cooked properly and gave us both bad stomach for the entire afternoon

    Over priced , 2for 1 offer didn’t make any difference .

    Overall huge rip off and disappointed didn’t have value for money at all

    As I was with a client I failed to make a compliant "
    Posted 7 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jaime said:
    " Good food good service good vibes "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adrian said:
    " Best Tapas in London! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sam said: "Tasty
    Abit out of the way but worth it! Reasonable prices for good quality food. Pan tomaqua was lovely. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sinead said: "Love it, highly recommended
    Great food, lovely staff, so easy to use tastecard, excellent experience. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cameron said: "Satisfactory experience.
    Satisfactory. Not bad. Not great. Don't regret going, but would not rush back "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • claire said: "Unfriendly and Expensive
    Probably the most unfriendly restaurant I have visited. Waitress did not welcome us at all and seemed to have a permanent scowl. Food was average and was overcharged. Will not be visiting again. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • F. said: "Poor Rude And Cold
    Waitress got food wrong. No smile at all. Food was cold. 25% service charge!!!!!bohnand waitress can't speak a word of English apart from, 'what do you like?' Honestly I never have the time to write a review anywhere but after today's lunch ordeal I had to!! Just don't go there! "
    Posted 3 years, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Fra said:
    " Food not good "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great place really gives a taste of Spain. "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah-Jane said: "Worst Custmer Service Experience!
    Called and placed a reservation - made a point of mentioning I had a tastecard, which was confirmed by the person taking the booking - both as instructed on the app. Arrived to an empty restaurant, but the staff were friendly and welcoming and the food delicious. Once we asked for the bill, our waitress seemed a bit nervous when I brought out my tastecard. The manager then came over and rudely tossed the tastecard back at me saying it didn't apply as we ordered a set menu. I argued saying nowhere did it say that on the app, after which he pointed it out on the card. Fair enough I said, and suggested including it on the app, considering they're the first options when you open their menu and our waiter didn't mention a thing, even though I called and made the booking and mentioned I had a tastecard. He refused point blank that I did not mention I had the tastecard. We bought a pretty expensive bottle of wine thinking we would have the 2-4-1 offer, so they would've still made around £40 off us - but I honestly believe because it was dead he was trying to make a buck instead of being civil and letting it slide. Completly ruined our date night! Will never go back there! "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 15 days ago...
    4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said: "Birthday meal
    Speedy efficient service. Average size portions. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gina said:
    " It's a shame that this restaurant is down a slightly out of the way street with little footfall because eating here was a nice experience. The decor is pleasant and the service was very courteous, with Taste card use being made very easy indeed. The service was very quick and efficient with the only pity being that our tapas dishes didn't come all at once, which would have been nice - instead our eight dishes came in four waves. The food iteself was tasty and of a similar standard to La Tasca, though more choice and some unusual dishes were on offer too. Particular standouts were the patatas bravas with garlic mayonnaise and it was nice to see white asparagus making an appearance on the menu, too. It's definitely worth giving Barcelona a go if you want an alternative to La Tasca - there are too few places to get tapas in London and this place deserves to be busier than it was on the Friday night I visited. "
    Posted 4 years, 7 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • "Quality has deteriorated since last visit
    Food was average when it used to be great. Garlic was basically raw in the gambas al ajillo. Meatballs were lukewarm. Pimientos and sweet chilli prawns were good and staff were very friendly but overall, a definite decline in standards since our last visit. "
    Posted 4 months, 8 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • ETHAN said:
    " Sick "
    Posted 5 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • GTG said: "Awful Experience
    Interior looked old and dated , food was cold , lacked flavours and served in non traditional plates .

    Spanish omlet wasn’t cooked properly and gave us both bad stomach for the entire afternoon

    Over priced , 2for 1 offer didn’t make any difference .

    Overall huge rip off and disappointed didn’t have value for money at all

    As I was with a client I failed to make a compliant "
    Posted 7 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Jaime said:
    " Good food good service good vibes "
    Posted 1 year, 3 months, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adrian said:
    " Best Tapas in London! "
    Posted 1 year, 4 months, 20 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sam said: "Tasty
    Abit out of the way but worth it! Reasonable prices for good quality food. Pan tomaqua was lovely. "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 7 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sinead said: "Love it, highly recommended
    Great food, lovely staff, so easy to use tastecard, excellent experience. "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 5 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Cameron said: "Satisfactory experience.
    Satisfactory. Not bad. Not great. Don't regret going, but would not rush back "
    Posted 2 years, 4 months, 13 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • claire said: "Unfriendly and Expensive
    Probably the most unfriendly restaurant I have visited. Waitress did not welcome us at all and seemed to have a permanent scowl. Food was average and was overcharged. Will not be visiting again. "
    Posted 2 years, 11 months, 19 days ago...
    0 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • F. said: "Poor Rude And Cold
    Waitress got food wrong. No smile at all. Food was cold. 25% service charge!!!!!bohnand waitress can't speak a word of English apart from, 'what do you like?' Honestly I never have the time to write a review anywhere but after today's lunch ordeal I had to!! Just don't go there! "
    Posted 3 years, 27 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Fra said:
    " Food not good "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 12 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • " Great place really gives a taste of Spain. "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 25 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Sarah-Jane said: "Worst Custmer Service Experience!
    Called and placed a reservation - made a point of mentioning I had a tastecard, which was confirmed by the person taking the booking - both as instructed on the app. Arrived to an empty restaurant, but the staff were friendly and welcoming and the food delicious. Once we asked for the bill, our waitress seemed a bit nervous when I brought out my tastecard. The manager then came over and rudely tossed the tastecard back at me saying it didn't apply as we ordered a set menu. I argued saying nowhere did it say that on the app, after which he pointed it out on the card. Fair enough I said, and suggested including it on the app, considering they're the first options when you open their menu and our waiter didn't mention a thing, even though I called and made the booking and mentioned I had a tastecard. He refused point blank that I did not mention I had the tastecard. We bought a pretty expensive bottle of wine thinking we would have the 2-4-1 offer, so they would've still made around £40 off us - but I honestly believe because it was dead he was trying to make a buck instead of being civil and letting it slide. Completly ruined our date night! Will never go back there! "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 15 days ago...
    4 out of 6 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said: "Birthday meal
    Speedy efficient service. Average size portions. "
    Posted 3 years, 10 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Gina said:
    " It's a shame that this restaurant is down a slightly out of the way street with little footfall because eating here was a nice experience. The decor is pleasant and the service was very courteous, with Taste card use being made very easy indeed. The service was very quick and efficient with the only pity being that our tapas dishes didn't come all at once, which would have been nice - instead our eight dishes came in four waves. The food iteself was tasty and of a similar standard to La Tasca, though more choice and some unusual dishes were on offer too. Particular standouts were the patatas bravas with garlic mayonnaise and it was nice to see white asparagus making an appearance on the menu, too. It's definitely worth giving Barcelona a go if you want an alternative to La Tasca - there are too few places to get tapas in London and this place deserves to be busier than it was on the Friday night I visited. "
    Posted 4 years, 7 months, 13 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals