Search
2 for 1 mealsMaximum of 6 peopleBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionDecember restriction
Ranfields Brasserie image
Ranfields Brasserie image
Ranfields Brasserie image
Ranfields Brasserie image
Ranfields Brasserie image

2 for 1 at Ranfields Brasserie

Featured in every major food guide in Great Britain, and recently listed in The Times as a Top 10 Brasserie in the UK; located in the charming market town of Coggeshall, Ranfields Brasserie regularly attracts plaudits from its clientele and food critics alike.

Important Information

Please Note: The tastecard discount does not apply to the Sunday Lunch menu. This restaurant is closed on a Sunday evening. The tastecard discount is only available on the a la carte menu. Only one tastecard may be used per booking.

View all reviews
Ranfields Brasserie
Average member score
4.7 13
Diner rating
Excellent
11
Very good
1
Good
0
Average
1
Poor
0
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Jo said
" Fabulous food, fantastic service and lovely surroundings."
Read more
Andrea said "Lovely place, fantastic food and friendly service
The food here is fantastic, beef and lamb beautifully cooked, the veg and side dishes fabulous...."
Read more
Alexandra said "Excellent Food & Service As Always
We love coming to this place"
Read more
Paul said
" Good food
Nice service"
Read more
Phill said "Date Night Success
First visit but not the last.
Really good menu, well cooked and presented good. Friendly..."
Read more
Michelle said "Exceptional
This menu blew mine and my paetners minds.
Qwerky packed with verity and exciting and the..."
Read more
Iain said "Date Night
Excellent first visit will be going back again"
Read more
Annette&Stu said "Absolutely Scrumptious
Myself & my fiancé went for a 3 course Sat lunch....
Delicious starter, amazing fish..."
Read more
Paul said "Superb
From the greeting tIll paying the bill could find no fault. Food and service excellent.
..."
Read more
Susan said
" Baumanns is a wonderful place to eat, great food never had a bad meal here, service great and..."
Read more
Kirstine said
" The food and service at Baumanns has always been superb when I've visited. I've been..."
Read more
Marie said "Fantastic french food!
The food was sublime, particularly the lobster ravioli. Even though the restaurant was fairly..."
Read more
Ed said
" This is the third time that we've eaten at Baumanns; my initial opinion that it is overrated..."
Read more
  • Jo said:
    " Fabulous food, fantastic service and lovely surroundings. "
    Posted 2 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrea said: "Lovely place, fantastic food and friendly service
    The food here is fantastic, beef and lamb beautifully cooked, the veg and side dishes fabulous. Desserts weren't just the standard and some thought and effort had gone into them. My husband and I went with our 2 month old baby and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely go back. "
    Posted 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alexandra said: "Excellent Food & Service As Always
    We love coming to this place "
    Posted 8 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said:
    " Good food
    Nice service "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Phill said: "Date Night Success
    First visit but not the last.
    Really good menu, well cooked and presented good. Friendly staff. Overall good experience and would certainly recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Michelle said: "Exceptional
    This menu blew mine and my paetners minds.
    Qwerky packed with verity and exciting and the words tasty would be an understatement !
    Excellent value for money.
    I loved all of the starters but had king scollops with palma ham and the best lobster bisque I've ever eaten. He had duck breast with goats cheese and then we both had a rib eye steak cooked to perfection with excellent and very generous compliments for me there was a little too much red wine jus apart from that the mill was 10 out of 10 and our desserts were nothing but spectacular he had a peanut butter cheesecake I had pineapple and melon honey-glazed chilli kebab skewers which were unique vibrant tasty and satisfying oh and there was a green tea sorbet with mine.
    I've never wanted to take a menu home before but this one I did. people you must go to this restaurant thanks Tom and crew for an excellent night. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Iain said: "Date Night
    Excellent first visit will be going back again "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Annette&Stu said: "Absolutely Scrumptious
    Myself & my fiancé went for a 3 course Sat lunch....
    Delicious starter, amazing fish main course & a yummy desert.

    Service was great too.

    See you next week ;-) "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 1 day ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Superb
    From the greeting tIll paying the bill could find no fault. Food and service excellent.
    What a wonderful wedding anniversary meal and experience. Thank you "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 15 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Susan said:
    " Baumanns is a wonderful place to eat, great food never had a bad meal here, service great and staff friendly and very helpful. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kirstine said:
    " The food and service at Baumanns has always been superb when I've visited. I've been back as often as I can and always found new and interesting things on the menu, incorporating Mark Baumann's fantastic palette and quirky sense of humour. I would recommend it wholeheartedly to any food lover. "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 24 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marie said: "Fantastic french food!
    The food was sublime, particularly the lobster ravioli. Even though the restaurant was fairly quiet, it still had a lovely atmosphere. Can't wait to go back! "
    Posted 4 years, 6 months, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ed said:
    " This is the third time that we've eaten at Baumanns; my initial opinion that it is overrated hasn't changed.
    Service was slow, the main courses of tuna and duck were so overcooked that I left the tuna.
    My wife’s dessert was so hard she couldn't get the spoon through it.
    They then forgot the tastecard discount and had to be reminded.
    Not impressed and won't be going back. "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Jo said:
    " Fabulous food, fantastic service and lovely surroundings. "
    Posted 2 months, 10 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Andrea said: "Lovely place, fantastic food and friendly service
    The food here is fantastic, beef and lamb beautifully cooked, the veg and side dishes fabulous. Desserts weren't just the standard and some thought and effort had gone into them. My husband and I went with our 2 month old baby and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely go back. "
    Posted 5 months, 17 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Alexandra said: "Excellent Food & Service As Always
    We love coming to this place "
    Posted 8 months, 18 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said:
    " Good food
    Nice service "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 3 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Phill said: "Date Night Success
    First visit but not the last.
    Really good menu, well cooked and presented good. Friendly staff. Overall good experience and would certainly recommend. "
    Posted 1 year, 1 month, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Michelle said: "Exceptional
    This menu blew mine and my paetners minds.
    Qwerky packed with verity and exciting and the words tasty would be an understatement !
    Excellent value for money.
    I loved all of the starters but had king scollops with palma ham and the best lobster bisque I've ever eaten. He had duck breast with goats cheese and then we both had a rib eye steak cooked to perfection with excellent and very generous compliments for me there was a little too much red wine jus apart from that the mill was 10 out of 10 and our desserts were nothing but spectacular he had a peanut butter cheesecake I had pineapple and melon honey-glazed chilli kebab skewers which were unique vibrant tasty and satisfying oh and there was a green tea sorbet with mine.
    I've never wanted to take a menu home before but this one I did. people you must go to this restaurant thanks Tom and crew for an excellent night. "
    Posted 1 year, 2 months, 16 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Iain said: "Date Night
    Excellent first visit will be going back again "
    Posted 2 years, 1 month, 30 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Annette&Stu said: "Absolutely Scrumptious
    Myself & my fiancé went for a 3 course Sat lunch....
    Delicious starter, amazing fish main course & a yummy desert.

    Service was great too.

    See you next week ;-) "
    Posted 3 years, 2 months, 1 day ago...
    3 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Paul said: "Superb
    From the greeting tIll paying the bill could find no fault. Food and service excellent.
    What a wonderful wedding anniversary meal and experience. Thank you "
    Posted 3 years, 3 months, 15 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Susan said:
    " Baumanns is a wonderful place to eat, great food never had a bad meal here, service great and staff friendly and very helpful. "
    Posted 3 years, 7 months, 3 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Kirstine said:
    " The food and service at Baumanns has always been superb when I've visited. I've been back as often as I can and always found new and interesting things on the menu, incorporating Mark Baumann's fantastic palette and quirky sense of humour. I would recommend it wholeheartedly to any food lover. "
    Posted 4 years, 3 months, 24 days ago...
    2 out of 2 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Marie said: "Fantastic french food!
    The food was sublime, particularly the lobster ravioli. Even though the restaurant was fairly quiet, it still had a lovely atmosphere. Can't wait to go back! "
    Posted 4 years, 6 months, 24 days ago...
    1 out of 1 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Ed said:
    " This is the third time that we've eaten at Baumanns; my initial opinion that it is overrated hasn't changed.
    Service was slow, the main courses of tuna and duck were so overcooked that I left the tuna.
    My wife’s dessert was so hard she couldn't get the spoon through it.
    They then forgot the tastecard discount and had to be reminded.
    Not impressed and won't be going back. "
    Posted 5 years, 2 months, 9 days ago...
    1 out of 3 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals