Search
50% off food billBooking requiredFriday restrictionSaturday restrictionAvailable December
The Raj image

50% off at The Raj

With an array of fantastic reviews to prove its excellence, The Raj is one Indian restaurant to which a visit should not be missed. Working hard to create a delicious and authentic menu has really paid off, as many first time diners are guaranteed to make plans to return.

All customers, whether curry connoisseurs or just someone looking to try something different, are sure to find something that they like. You can enjoy everything from the hottest Vindaloo to the creamiest Korma, and everything in between…

View all reviews
The Raj
Average member score
4.0 5
Diner rating
Excellent
3
Very good
1
Good
0
Average
0
Poor
1
Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Reviews
Anonymous said "AVOID! Awful Experience!
Please do not be fooled by the positive reviews from years ago - this was by far the WORST dining..."
Read more
Mike said
" Enjoyed the meal curry was Excellent"
Read more
Adnan said "Excellent
It's worth the travel.
I stayed in blackpool and drove to it.cheap for what you get."
Read more
Vicki said "Lovely restaurant
Went here this evening for a meal with my husband, son, mum & mother in law. We ended up..."
Read more
Georgia said
" I have never actually been inside, but every now and then we get a takeaway from here. The..."
Read more
  • Anonymous said: "AVOID! Awful Experience!
    Please do not be fooled by the positive reviews from years ago - this was by far the WORST dining experience I could have imagined, and we didn’t even get to have a meal.
    When we arrived, the restaurant was empty, we nearly turned back but we decided to go in and it was all downhill from there.
    The manager/owner was sat at one of the tables whilst we were seated by his colleague. We ordered a Diet Coke each whilst we looked at the menu, the cokes arrived and they were completely flat. At this point we didn’t complain but decided to get on with it. The waiter came over to pressure us into the 5 course meal deal, not wanting us to use our tastecard. Meanwhile, The manager was shouting across the restaurant to ask us questions, including where we lived and where we had come from, suggesting he was surprised to have any customers at all. He was rude, intrusive and continued to watch our every move.
    We eventually decided what we wanted to order, only to be again bombarded by the manager and debate how we had to order two starters and two mains to be able to use the tastecard. He continued to pressure my partner into ordering more food and was incredibly rude to both of us. At this point we decided enough was enough and the bill was brought to us. £3 for two popadoms and £6 for two flat cokes.
    A main concern was the number of times the staff discussed amongst themselves that we had a tastecard, giving genuine concern that they did not want us to be there.
    Only when we had left did we look into the Raj further, finding it had a 1* food hygiene rating from the audit last year. Avoid at all costs! This restaurant is a complete embarrassment to Tastecard. "
    Posted 1 month, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said:
    " Enjoyed the meal curry was Excellent "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adnan said: "Excellent
    It's worth the travel.
    I stayed in blackpool and drove to it.cheap for what you get. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Vicki said: "Lovely restaurant
    Went here this evening for a meal with my husband, son, mum & mother in law. We ended up having a set meal option (didn't use the taste card) and it was lovely. The gentlemen waiters were very helpful and polite. I would highly recommend this restaurant. We wouldn't have gone if it wasn't for looking for a taste card restaurant "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Georgia said:
    " I have never actually been inside, but every now and then we get a takeaway from here. The discount is only available when you dine in but it’s still worth it. My favourite place for curry! I'm not a spicy person so I always order the korma - delicious! They always give plenty of sides too including popadoms, mango chutney, onion, salad, naan bread, onion bhaji's and so on!

    Would highly recommend! (I have given 5 stars for customer service and atmosphere.. I have never been but I'm sure it’s just as good as the food!) "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 23 days ago...
    1 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
Please enter all the fields marked in red
Rating Summary
Food quality
Customer service
Ease of tastecard use
Atmosphere
Overall
Submitting review

Please read our privacy policy

  • Anonymous said: "AVOID! Awful Experience!
    Please do not be fooled by the positive reviews from years ago - this was by far the WORST dining experience I could have imagined, and we didn’t even get to have a meal.
    When we arrived, the restaurant was empty, we nearly turned back but we decided to go in and it was all downhill from there.
    The manager/owner was sat at one of the tables whilst we were seated by his colleague. We ordered a Diet Coke each whilst we looked at the menu, the cokes arrived and they were completely flat. At this point we didn’t complain but decided to get on with it. The waiter came over to pressure us into the 5 course meal deal, not wanting us to use our tastecard. Meanwhile, The manager was shouting across the restaurant to ask us questions, including where we lived and where we had come from, suggesting he was surprised to have any customers at all. He was rude, intrusive and continued to watch our every move.
    We eventually decided what we wanted to order, only to be again bombarded by the manager and debate how we had to order two starters and two mains to be able to use the tastecard. He continued to pressure my partner into ordering more food and was incredibly rude to both of us. At this point we decided enough was enough and the bill was brought to us. £3 for two popadoms and £6 for two flat cokes.
    A main concern was the number of times the staff discussed amongst themselves that we had a tastecard, giving genuine concern that they did not want us to be there.
    Only when we had left did we look into the Raj further, finding it had a 1* food hygiene rating from the audit last year. Avoid at all costs! This restaurant is a complete embarrassment to Tastecard. "
    Posted 1 month, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Mike said:
    " Enjoyed the meal curry was Excellent "
    Posted 1 year, 6 months, 14 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Adnan said: "Excellent
    It's worth the travel.
    I stayed in blackpool and drove to it.cheap for what you get. "
    Posted 1 year, 9 months, 15 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Vicki said: "Lovely restaurant
    Went here this evening for a meal with my husband, son, mum & mother in law. We ended up having a set meal option (didn't use the taste card) and it was lovely. The gentlemen waiters were very helpful and polite. I would highly recommend this restaurant. We wouldn't have gone if it wasn't for looking for a taste card restaurant "
    Posted 2 years, 10 months, 23 days ago...
    0 out of 0 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
  • Georgia said:
    " I have never actually been inside, but every now and then we get a takeaway from here. The discount is only available when you dine in but it’s still worth it. My favourite place for curry! I'm not a spicy person so I always order the korma - delicious! They always give plenty of sides too including popadoms, mango chutney, onion, salad, naan bread, onion bhaji's and so on!

    Would highly recommend! (I have given 5 stars for customer service and atmosphere.. I have never been but I'm sure it’s just as good as the food!) "
    Posted 5 years, 1 month, 23 days ago...
    1 out of 4 people found this review helpful... Did you?
    rating summary.
    Food quality
    Customer service
    Ease of tastecard use
    Atmosphere
    Overall
2 for 1 Restaurant Deals